Police Beat and Rob Tourist in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Certainly one must be careful when slithering around vice central in the late night or early morning hours. However the vast majority of scrapes people have with banditos is as a result of complicity. The only problem I have ever experienced is perhaps an annoying chica and they really have the "right of way" in Sosua. If one goes searching for a particular substance ( not saying these lads were) than you will be a bulls eye for every thief in town.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
one of the articles said they even robbed them of their cloths, how humiliating to be left standing on Pedro C with only your leopard skin briefs
I happen look good in leopard skin briefs and my wife looks even better in hers.
But the gold chains are kinda pimpish and/or sort of out of place in that area.
Leopard skin danties work anywhere thou

• Haha
Reactions: drstock

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I always leave my giant gold chains with the large gold medallions at home. They be too flashy for Sosua.
But you do look NICE in them when you wear them ... A Real Playa is what you are .. dont be shy now .lol

Reactions: ctrob

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
It might not be a popular opinion but I always tend to believe the robbers are to blame for the robbery.
Well I guess you could never be a defence attorney then.
I agree, with ALL crimes.

chicagoan14

Apr 2, 2019
Certainly one must be careful when slithering around vice central in the late night or early morning hours. However the vast majority of scrapes people have with banditos is as a result of complicity. The only problem I have ever experienced is perhaps an annoying chica and they really have the "right of way" in Sosua. If one goes searching for a particular substance ( not saying these lads were) than you will be a bulls eye for every thief in town.
I say this very often to people who are hesitant about living here! Very few people who are subjected to violent crimes are innocent. I think the worst that could happen is you get robbed on the street or shaken down by the police.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Being it was Police and Dominican ladrones... and the guys that were robbed were from the new garden...I have deducted that some Dominican ladrones robbed some NYC ladrones... All things considered I would call that one fair play and even............

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The title of the thread is a little misleading, don't you think?
The way I read it I thought local, on duty, police beat and robbed the tourists. Instead, it was one off duty PN from Santiago with three accomplices. Still, the fact that a police officer was involved at all is pretty shocking, but not surprising.

Reactions: JD Jones

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Being it was Police and Dominican ladrones... and the guys that were robbed were from the new garden...I have deducted that some Dominican ladrones robbed some NYC ladrones... All things considered I would call that one fair play and even............
Sorry, I don't get it. Are you saying that anyone who stays at the New Garden hotel is a thief?

Reactions: Garyexpat

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Not at all and well deserved.
those were the 9 mm kind of tourists...........
Sorry, I don't get it. Are you saying that anyone who stays at the New Garden hotel is a thief?
course not,,, the new garden has a excellent guest list...but if you are out in the middle of the night, packing 2 9mm hanguns, and wearing to much bling...you will probably end up with a sore head, lose all your stuff and of course wearing no clothes.........

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
those were the 9 mm kind of tourists...........

course not,,, the new garden has a excellent guest list...but if you are out in the middle of the night, packing 2 9mm hanguns, and wearing to much bling...you will probably end up with a sore head, lose all your stuff and of course wearing no clothes.........
Wait a minute, the 9mms were taken from the cop and one of the other crooks. The boys from the New Garden were only guilty of attracting unwanted attention.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The way I read it I thought local, on duty, police beat and robbed the tourists. Instead, it was one off duty PN from Santiago with three accomplices. Still, the fact that a police officer was involved at all is pretty shocking, but not surprising.
I assume he will no longer be a policeman after this incident.
He may have trouble buying rice and beans after a trial

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
If they had been carrying 9mm's, they probably wouldn't have gotten robbed! No way a tourist is going to bring a 9mm into the country.
Tourist trying bring a firearm into this country? Would make for another thread...
and I'd have a good laugh while posting about it.

Firearms are very easy to obtain in this country.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I assume he will no longer be a policeman after this incident.
He may have trouble buying rice and beans after a trial
Big problem for Luis. As they cut these bad actors they do not change their stripes. They continue plying their trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.