Curfew Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvancil

Feb 2, 2009
It has become abundantly clear that this country is run by a bunch of clowns with a collective IQ of a shoe. The reason why the cases are increasing is because people getting vaccinated with this garbage experimental drug are getting sick, I've had half a dozen employees go out sick now for more than a week after they got it. The kids are playing in the streets instead of in school, the power hungry bureaucrats refuse to give up their new found power and let the people be. If they institute a 1pm curfew I will be on the first plane out...

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
It's already been posted that almost half the population lives in the greater Santo Domingo area. If the government really believes that a more restrictive lockdown will work, then do it where the problem is - Santo Domingo. They used to have different curfew hours for different parts of the country. There's no good reason why they couldn't do this. It makes absolutely no sense to impose new restrictive curfew hours on the entire country for a problem that is mainly in Santo Domingo.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
It has become abundantly clear that this country is run by a bunch of clowns with a collective IQ of a shoe. The reason why the cases are increasing is because people getting vaccinated with this garbage experimental drug are getting sick, I've had half a dozen employees go out sick now for more than a week after they got it. The kids are playing in the streets instead of in school, the power hungry bureaucrats refuse to give up their new found power and let the people be. If they institute a 1pm curfew I will be on the first plane out...
Careful. Wrong think will not be tolerated by our woke members.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
After second shot? Perhaps the people working for you think the first shot gives them full protection.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Average Dominican has the equivalent of a 7th grade US education with a few exceptions. Luis is no dummy. Keep the economy growing. Open the schools and tell all of these fear mongering conspiracy theorist to self isolate while the rest of us get on with living our lives.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
"Curfew will not be extended"

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
...Open the schools and tell all of these fear mongering conspiracy theorist to self isolate while the rest of us get on with living our lives.
Sounds good but in reality this isn't working very well in some parts of the country. In these places, still too many people going into hospital and/or dying of Covid. I believe that if people took responsibility for their actions the numbers could be much lower. However, given a choice between wearing a mask all the time in public or not, staying home or going out, keeping distance between yourself and others, it is pretty clear what the population chooses to do. So until the "guys on the street" decide they are going to stop this virus themselves by their direction actions and better decisions we will all have to endure more ineffective official disruption to our daily lives.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Sounds like someone had a sit down to straighten out any misunderstandings.. real fast, lol.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Sounds good but in reality this isn't working very well in some parts of the country. In these places, still too many people going into hospital and/or dying of Covid. I believe that if people took responsibility for their actions the numbers could be much lower. However, given a choice between wearing a mask all the time in public or not, staying home or going out, keeping distance between yourself and others, it is pretty clear what the population chooses to do. So until the "guys on the street" decide they are going to stop this virus themselves by their direction actions and better decisions we will all have to endure more ineffective official disruption to our daily lives.
The "guys in the street" don't give two sh*ts about it. Need I remind you where you choose to call home?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Average Dominican has the equivalent of a 7th grade US education with a few exceptions. Luis is no dummy. Keep the economy growing. Open the schools and tell all of these fear mongering conspiracy theorist to self isolate while the rest of us get on with living our lives.
You're being generous.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Your employees are just using that as an excuse for some days off. You must have a lot of old employees.

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
Luis is no dummy.
Luis is looking at things from his point of view. That's why all his actions as a President (not as a businessman) will fail.

To make any right decision for this country, he needs to try to live for a couple of months somewhere in Villa Mella on a 20K pesos monthly budget, use conchos, guaguas and OMSA for transportation, explore the city by walking (without any guards and all other clowns that help him to wipe his ass), etc. Maybe after that he could develop any idea what this country really is and what is needed to be done here. But this will never happen, so no matter what is his IQ and education, his decisions will be stupid and totally useless for DR (but not for his tourism business, of course).

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Where did you see a Dominican with a responsibility for his actions?

5th grade, not more. And the exceptions are 0.00001%.
I'm taking shots at Dominicans. Just trying to add a little context. Knowing this helps me to be a little more patient with them w
Luis is looking at things from his point of view. That's why all his actions as a President (not as a businessman) will fail.

To make any right decision for this country, he needs to try to live for a couple of months somewhere in Villa Mella on a 20K pesos monthly budget, use conchos, guaguas and OMSA for transportation, explore the city by walking (without any guards and all other clowns that help him to wipe his ass), etc. Maybe after that he could develop any idea what this country really is and what is needed to be done here. But this will never happen, so no matter what is his IQ and education, his decisions will be stupid and totally useless for DR (but not for his tourism business, of course).
I would say the same thing applies to many of the people on this forum. Been there, done that and trust me, I get it.

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
I would say the same thing applies to many of the people on this forum. Been there, done that and trust me, I get it.
People on this forum don't rule the country, we may be right or wrong, at the end it's just another expat's opinion.

You know, in countries like Sweden the prime minister may go to work by bicycle without any security guards, and he live by the same standards as most of other people in his country. So he can make adequate decisions, as well as other members of their Government.

In DR, ministers with 40 security guards decide that people don't need legal guns to defend themselves. What decisions you expect from the president who was born already rich and has millions of dollars? He lives in a parallel universe.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I believe that if people took responsibility for their actions the numbers could be much lower.

I'm not sure to which country are you referring here, but definitely not the DR.... (sarcasm...) If what you'd suggest was possible or true, things would be really really different here, but that is not the case... Not just with covid, with everything...

Reactions: bob saunders

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
"IF" - the biggest word in the English language.

"With "ifs" and "buts", candy and nuts, every day would be Christmas".

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I'm not sure to which country are you referring here, but definitely not the DR.... (sarcasm...) If what you'd suggest was possible or true, things would be really really different here, but that is not the case... Not just with covid, with everything...
That is the case in a number of countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.