E-Ticket (Can't enter the DR without this)

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003

US citizens or those with valid visas to the US apparently have no need for the ESTA to fly from the DR to the US. I certainly never heard of it until it was mentioned in this thread. If is for those from visa waiver countries and the DR is not one of those so it really does not apply to discussions here unless I missed some details.
Correcto! IMHO introducing it adds to the confusion that is clearing up now.

Reactions: cavok and windeguy

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
"Far stricter in SDQ"...for the life of me I don't know where you are getting this information. Maybe, I have a special touch. As I said previously, I travel back and forth EACH AND EVERY MONTH OF THE YEAR SDQ/JFK and I never have had a problem with the issue of wether I had paper form, e form or any other kind of form that perhaps I don't know about. (I have had E- form 2 out of 8 times in the past.) BTW I don't know what else I can add to this subject at the current time. Next week I will be doing it again and will give this forum an update.
During what months were those?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
During what months were those?
Previously replied: Every month since Jan 2020 except for 2-3 months when they closed the border and I was in the states. I returned to the schedule and arrived here on July2 ,2020 and continue to follow the schedule.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Supposedly, when they scan your passport in SDQ, they see that you did the e-ticket.
I'll be flying out and back in thru STI in a few months. Don't expect to see anyone being denied entry over this. Paper form will still be available I'm sure.

Reactions: johne

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Every time you pass through immigration they scan your passport. They might also take your fingerprint. Plus rest assure, you are being recorded whether you are aware or not. There is no way around that.
I always feel like....
Somebody's watching me.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
So if I (a non-US passport holder) try to board a plane to the US without an appropriate ESTA, do you think they would let me? Or if you tried to board a flight from the US to Europe do you think they would allow you to without the appropriate visa? Do you think that check-in staff follow the rules exactly for some countries and for the DR they think "ah it's ok ignore the rules"?
Who's ignoring the rules? Discussion above is people attempting to clarify exactly what the rules are.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I'll be flying out and back in thru STI in a few months. Don't expect to see anyone being denied entry over this. Paper form will still be available I'm sure.
Entry to, or departure from, STI? Many airlines in the US are already stopping you from checking in for flights to the DR if you don't have the E-Ticket. A friend of mine that just came down here automatically got the return E-Ticket when he filled out the one to come here. I think sooner or later when all the kinks are worked out, the paper forms will be gone.

Reactions: Riva_31

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
In May when I flew from US to PUJ, the person at the Jetblue counter demanded to see my return ticket information and QR code for entry to the DR. (I only flew Jetblue because I had points from a year or so ago. They are the cattle carrier of airlines now even with more space seats.)

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Except for the current software glitches, I really don't understand the resistance to the E-Ticket(?). I've always hated filling out those little pieces of paper. I filled out an E-Ticket on my laptop for a friend of mine because he couldn't get it to work on his iPhone. It was a piece of cake. Easy peasy.

For those that don't already know, there's an app called "Mobile Passport". You can fill out all the info that's required by US Customs and Immigration while you're sitting at the gate waiting to board and avoid having to do it at those kiosks before you enter Immigration.

Reactions: Michael DR

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
In May when I flew from US to PUJ, the person at the Jetblue counter demanded to see my return ticket information and QR code for entry to the DR. (I only flew Jetblue because I had points from a year or so ago. They are the cattle carrier of airlines now even with more space seats.)
The "person at JB counter "in which airport?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Except for the current software glitches, I really don't understand the resistance to the E-Ticket(?). I've always hated filling out those little pieces of paper. I filled out an E-Ticket on my laptop for a friend of mine because he couldn't get it to work on his iPhone. It was a piece of cake. Easy peasy.

For those that don't already know, there's an app called "Mobile Passport". You can fill out all the info that's required by US Customs and Immigration while you're sitting at the gate waiting to board and avoid having to do it at those kiosks before you enter Immigration.
However, if you go back to post "#1 and its' title "you can't enter..." I think , (certainly in my posts) members here are challenging the accuracy of the statement. AT THE MOMENT that statement is not correct.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
However, if you go back to post "#1 and its' title "you can't enter..." I think , (certainly in my posts) members here are challenging the accuracy of the statement. AT THE MOMENT that statement is not correct.
Well, it's already been posted that several airlines will not allow you to check-in without an E-Ticket. I think you can expect that to be all airlines flying to the DR soon.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Previously replied: Every month since Jan 2020 except for 2-3 months when they closed the border and I was in the states. I returned to the schedule and arrived here on July2 ,2020 and continue to follow the schedule.
So let me get this straight.

You have flown every month, but only had the E-Ticket 2 out of the previous 8 times.

The E-Ticket as been in place since April, that's almost 2 months ago.

I started to wonder how many times a month are your trips, but in this post from April 21, 2021 (https://dr1.com/forums/threads/new-entry-procedures.395597/page-18#post-5592058) you claim it's one trip every three weeks.

Recap.

In this very thread you have said that you had the E-Ticket 2 out of 8 times. As in one time each month, right? I think 2 times is correct by this time since, as previously said, the E-Ticket requirement has been in place for almost 2 months.

You have been to the DR in the beginning of April and again in the beginning of May, right? No need to mention any other months since the E-Ticket requirement wasn't in place yet.

Clarify whatever is needed, especially the part of the previous 8 times when, presumably, we're talking about 2 times since the E-Ticket requirement.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Jetblue has machines that check you in. Put your name or conformation no. and get a boarding pass and a luggage tag. You bring your luggage to the counter and they check it. No mention at all of an E Ticket. Go to the gate and get on the plane. At least that is how it is now from FLL.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Jetblue has machines that check you in. Put your name or conformation no. and get a boarding pass and a luggage tag. You bring your luggage to the counter and they check it. No mention at all of an E Ticket. Go to the gate and get on the plane. At least that is how it is now from FLL.
Some members here find that hard to believe. Some members here "heard from a friend..." Some members here are infrequent travelers but seem to know differently . I'm done here on this topic. LOL

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
Not exactly correct. With some passports the machine says - YOU MUST SEE AN AGENT.

Reactions: cavok