Police Beat and Rob Tourist in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
When was the last time you were in new garden...of course if a few people staying at a hotel are ladrones, doesnt mean all guests are....I am sure this was a big misunderstanding between some Dominicans and 2 tourists that were out for a middle of the night walk , to get some of the fresh sosua air......
What makes you think that any of the New Garden hotel guests are ladrones?

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
When was the last time you were in new garden...of course if a few people staying at a hotel are ladrones, doesnt mean all guests are....I am sure this was a big misunderstanding between some Dominicans and 2 tourists that were out for a middle of the night walk , to get some of the fresh sosua air......
I was probably last in New Garden about 9 months ago. It is not my favorite place. I got robbed at gun point once in Puerto Plata. My crime was out walking by myself while waiting for a motorconcho to pass by and pick me up. It happens.

Reactions: cavok
I say this very often to people who are hesitant about living here! Very few people who are subjected to violent crimes are innocent. I think the worst that could happen is you get robbed on the street or shaken down by the police.
NOT true at all in my experience or those of many i know. MANY innocent people get attacked,robbed, murdered, raped, drugged etc..
The amount of expat women who have been raped or sexually assault there is really bad. You and I lived in A VERY different DR that's for sure.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
NOT true at all in my experience or those of many i know. MANY innocent people get attacked,robbed, murdered, raped, drugged etc..
The amount of expat women who have been raped or sexually assault there is really bad. You and I lived in A VERY different DR that's for sure.
I must live and work in a very different D.R as well. I know of no one who has been a victim of anything other than maybe petty theft and price gouging. Raped, drugged and murdered ., Lol , you are kidding right.

• Sad
Reactions: Michael DR

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I must live and work in a very different D.R as well. I know of no one who has been a victim of anything other than maybe petty theft and price gouging. Raped, drugged and murdered ., Lol , you are kidding right.
You can't be serious(?). You don't remember the tourist that was found dead not too long ago stuffed under his bed in the hotel room? The girl that was murdered by the Nigerian American? The couple that was shot and killed in La Mulata? The German man that was killed while walking on the Malecon in Puerto Plata during the day? One of our own members(a woman) who was killed outside of Puerto Plata? The list goes on.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Let me add to the above the men in separate incidents who were murdered by their wives and their chulos and the school teacher that was robbed and murdered not too long ago. How about the American man that just disappeared, never to be heard from again?

Big

Apr 24, 2019
You can't be serious(?). You don't remember the tourist that was found dead not too long ago stuffed under his bed in the hotel room? The girl that was murdered by the Nigerian American? The couple that was shot and killed in La Mulata? The German man that was killed while walking on the Malecon in Puerto Plata during the day? One of our own members(a woman) who was killed outside of Puerto Plata? The list goes on.
Gee, does that not occur everywhere in the free world. More often than not complicity is the common denominator.

• Sad

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Gee, does that not occur everywhere in the free world. More often than not complicity is the common denominator.
You said and I quote: "I know of no one who has been a victim of anything other than maybe petty theft and price gouging". Has it come back to you now? No, that does not happen to tourists everywhere.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
FYI, I consider complicit behavior going to an ATM at midnight to "pay a bill"

Big

Apr 24, 2019
It ALL boils down to the company one keeps and life style choice's.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Why does 5% of the expat/tourist population here, experience 95% of the problems?
Most of these crimes against foreigners seems to happen in a concentrated area (yep) Puerto Plata province. I know several who've been living in other parts of the country for years with zero problems other than an occasional run in with one their local gang members a.k.a. the PN.

Sosua is a sunny place for shady people.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
No, it doesn't. Bad things do happen to good people.
True. If good people hang out in bars and establish friendships with woman and men that a respectable Dominican wouldn't give the time of day to well bad things are bound to happen.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
True. If good people hang out in bars and establish friendships with woman and men that a respectable Dominican wouldn't give the time of day to well bad things are bound to happen.
True, but none of the cases I mentioned involved men/women that were hanging out in bars with spandex queens, barrio bunnies, or chulos. They were all innocent, unfortunate, victims of random criminal acts of violence. Let me add to the list probably a half dozen cases of pedophile tourists sexually abusing minors here.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
True, but none of the cases I mentioned involved men/women that were hanging out in bars with spandex queens, barrio bunnies, or chulos. They were all innocent, unfortunate, victims of random criminal acts of violence. Let me add to the list probably a half dozen cases of pedophile tourists sexually abusing minors here.
very unfortunate indeed. These incidents happen all over the world. To mitigate exposure to problems here caution and street smarts is the order of the day. I am sure I have just been super lucky not to have been "attacked, robbed, and drugged" by wild bans of Dominican gangsters hell bent on getting my Rolex and LeBron signed tennis shoes

Reactions: NanSanPedro
Status
Not open for further replies.