Police Beat and Rob Tourist in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
very unfortunate indeed. These incidents happen all over the world. To mitigate exposure to problems here caution and street smarts is the order of the day. I am sure I have just been super lucky not to have been "attacked, robbed, and drugged" by wild bans of Dominican gangsters hell bent on getting my Rolex and LeBron signed tennis shoes
No, not all over the world. In some other places in the world, yes, mostly in places in Asia like Bangkok or San Pedro Sula in Honduras. You don't hear about this number of violent crimes and murders in any of the islands here in the Caribbean with the exception of maybe Kingston or Nassau, and I'm not even sure about that. You don't even hear about this level of violent crime as a percentage of the tourists going on in Santo Domingo, and they are very rare in other parts of the DR.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I am sure I have just been super lucky not to have been "attacked, robbed, and drugged" by wild bans of Dominican gangsters hell bent on getting my Rolex and LeBron signed tennis shoes
There are no wild bands of gangsters roaming around the north coast. No need to make it sound worse than it is.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Well Sir Cavok. We will just have to disagree on this one. Working and living here I just find it very livable. I am as cautious here as I am in Miami. I am of course not involved with people (Ex-pats or anyone else) that are involved in or do things that put themselves in harms way. I here stories about crime and violence via the news so I am aware of various crime trends. OMG, there was I gentleman here reporting that he had to fire a gun through an open window to scare off ladrones on more than one occasion, I have had no such problems.... ever!

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
There are no wild bands of gangsters roaming around the north coast. No need to make it sound worse than it is.
North Coast has a serious problem with street crime. You can thank the PN for allowing it to fester and go unchecked.
From the drugs sales points to the putas who cry wolf.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
North Coast has a serious problem with street crime. You can thank the PN for allowing it to fester and go unchecked.
From the drugs sales points to the putas who cry wolf.
No doubt about that, but I don't know of any organized gangs roaming around(?).

Big

Apr 24, 2019
That's because there are no wild gangs of anything other than sun burned tourists. But some would have you think it was a lawless wild wild "mess" here and it is just not the case. Attacked , drugged and robbed,. Lmao yea sure.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
There are only "cliques" who control certain areas of the town and outter lying areas when it comes to the sale of drugs. Unless you live in or around a sales point or are going there to support your habit, you would never know about their existence... unless of course they have a little dispute and a few shots are fired like happened late last year between the 60's and the 40's in Charamicos. As far as gangs, the closest thing to a gang PPuerto province has is the PN... and I'm not being sarcastic.

Reactions: drstock

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Well Sir Cavok. We will just have to disagree on this one. Working and living here I just find it very livable. I am as cautious here as I am in Miami. I am of course not involved with people (Ex-pats or anyone else) that are involved in or do things that put themselves in harms way. I here stories about crime and violence via the news so I am aware of various crime trends. OMG, there was I gentleman here reporting that he had to fire a gun through an open window to scare off ladrones on more than one occasion, I have had no such problems.... ever!
No disagreement there - I find it very livable here, too. A this point, I'm not really sure what you're disagree with, but if you want to blame those tourists I mentioned for their own deaths, or even to imply they were "complict", then, yes, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree because that's not the case. There are no facts to support that.

Reactions: Michael DR
Status
Not open for further replies.