COVID Passport Discussion

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I got first jab of Sinovac today at University Unphu in Santo Domingo. Very well organized there. I think the DR is doing a good job with this. A passport is not realistic though. I don’t think they would be able to manage it. I signed up on the website in March and never heard back. So I just went today.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I got first jab of Sinovac today at University Unphu in Santo Domingo. Very well organized there. I think the DR is doing a good job with this. A passport is not realistic though. I don’t think they would be able to manage it. I signed up on the website in March and never heard back. So I just went today.
Not sure how a passport would work as it would have to be accepted by more than a few countries.
Logistics would be a real head ache. Sounds more like something airlines would be interested in implementing
than governments, quite costly for governments to set up and monitor as well.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Not sure how a passport would work as it would have to be accepted by more than a few countries.
Logistics would be a real head ache. Sounds more like something airlines would be interested in implementing
than governments, quite costly for governments to set up and monitor as well.
yes I don’t believe in it personally but some countries apparently are implementing it. For travel it does make some sense.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This vaccine passport technology will ultimately lead to this.

People already travel with passports. Just about anything you want to know about someone can already be found out with a google search or a small additional fee. AI's will get better at correlating all of our data over time with or without pandemics.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
cavok said:
A sign of things to come(?):

www.abcactionnews.com

'No-vax tax' increases concert ticket prices fifty-fold for unvaccinated

With new CDC guidelines, concerts are starting to come back to Florida, but for at least one show, the ABC Action News I-Team has learned your COVID-19 vaccination status will determine how much you pay to attend.
www.abcactionnews.com
www.abcactionnews.com
How is it enforceable? Anyone can say they have the vax. Because of HIPPA, they can't ask you to prove it.

The promoter is not searching your data base. The promoter will demand proof you are vaccinated or you pay $999 for a ticket. Just like all cruise ships will demand proof of vaccination before you board. No HIPPA need be involved.

Reactions: cavok

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

How is it enforceable? Anyone can say they have the vax. Because of HIPPA, they can't ask you to prove it.

The promoter is not searching your data base. The promoter will demand proof you are vaccinated or you pay $999 for a ticket. Just like all cruise ships will demand proof of vaccination before you board. No HIPPA need be involved.
Welcome to the new normal people. The control freaks will be using fear tactics going forward to make sure you comply or face being otracized.

Big

Apr 24, 2019

nice pic, are they Portland halfway house grads

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Jan 9, 2004
Well over 100 colleges and universities are going to require students to be vaccinated to attend classes this fall:

The battle lines are being drawn between states and between schools in states that are requiring students to be vaccinated before attending. The legal challenges are being prepared and may ultimately land at the Supreme Court. The basic difference between colleges/universities/restaurants/malls/stores etc., and airlines is two fold.

First there is an alternative to vaccination. Classes can be taken online, shopping can be done online, most everything in everyday life can be done online........one except is flying...........there is no virtual or online flying.

Second, as has been discussed, are the numerous constitutional issues presented. At least in the US, this will likely not ever be enforced..........thus

What appears to not be going forward in the US, nor should it, is the "vaccine" passport to fly. Other countries and certain airlines may impose a "vaccine "passport that is now actually being watered down and simply being referred to as a Covid certificate.......that includes vaccination, a negative test or recovery from Covid (likely implying some sort of immunity).

With few exceptions, a pure "vaccine" passport is never likely to fly............pun intended.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
The battle lines are being drawn between states and between schools in states that are requiring students to be vaccinated before attending. The legal challenges are being prepared and may ultimately land at the Supreme Court. The basic difference between colleges/universities/restaurants/malls/stores etc., and airlines is two fold.

First there is an alternative to vaccination. Classes can be taken online, shopping can be done online, most everything in everyday life can be done online........one except is flying...........there is no virtual or online flying.

Second, as has been discussed, are the numerous constitutional issues presented. At least in the US, this will likely not ever be enforced..........thus

What appears to not be going forward in the US, nor should it, is the "vaccine" passport to fly. Other countries and certain airlines may impose a "vaccine "passport that is now actually being watered down and simply being referred to as a Covid certificate.......that includes vaccination, a negative test or recovery from Covid (likely implying some sort of immunity).

With few exceptions, a pure "vaccine" passport is never likely to fly............pun intended.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Virtual flying? Not yet lol

I don’t understand why they don’t modernize the yellow vaccination passport. It’s used internationally and making it digital internationally would have the advantage of volume wheras each country doing their passports and then afterwards making them work together must be very costly.

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
I don't know about all countries, and I have not seen the Dominican vaccination card either, but the vaccination card they give you in Florida when you get a shot at locations like Walgreens is just a simple piece of paper with your name, birth date, Vaccine name/lot number and the date and the location of the clinic.

I can fake such paper with Photoshop and my printer in 10 minutes.

1140-vaccination-card.web.jpg

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
I mean, if you don't want to get vaccinated in DR or anywhere else, but if they start to ask for vaccination card somewhere, you can just print a piece of paper like this, fill it by hand, show it and say that you were vaccinated in Estados Unidos, that's it, no more questions.

You can even laminate it (some people do it in US) so it will be impossible to tell if it's real or fake.

7c4abdc9e82dcf5480009636852d1b7e00-vaccine-cards.rsquare.w1200.jpg

Reactions: aarhus

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I mean, if you don't want to get vaccinated in DR or anywhere else, but if they start to ask for vaccination card somewhere, you can just print a piece of paper like this, fill it by hand, show it and say that you were vaccinated in Estados Unidos, that's it, no more questions.

You can even laminate it (some people do it in US) so it will be impossible to tell if it's real or fake.

7c4abdc9e82dcf5480009636852d1b7e00-vaccine-cards.rsquare.w1200.jpg
So the Florida version is pretty much like the DR version. In the DR we get Sinovac though. Just approved by WHO. I got first jab yesterday at Unphu. It was very well organized. I hope it was all real lol