Bohemia cerveza

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
If I delete your comment it does not mean you get to come back at a later time and post the same nonsense.

stay on topic....

• Haha
Reactions: CristoRey

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Of course I believe you. It’s like Heineken, original from The Netherlands but I understand the Heineken in the DR is brewed in the DR.
I might have to try it again if it does not taste like skunk pee. Never liked Heineken.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I might have to try it again if it does not taste like skunk pee. Never liked Heineken.
Still tastes like skunk pee - Heineken & Budweiser are the most over rated crappy beers in the world.
Corona is next - Try drinking that piss when it warms up a little - yuck

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
No need to be so abusive, mate. I am not obliged to take in every word of your lengthy contributions in order to contribute to this thread. No, I have not read the entire statement from Cervecaria Nacional either. I have read both your posts extremely carefully now, and see no link to it.

Your posts doesn't seem to shed much light on why there seems to be no Bohemia anywhere, and hardly any Presidente in colmados OR supermarkets (the latter who buy direct from the company, as far as I know).
Well sorry if I offended you, mate.

Reactions: drstock

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
IMO the reason for the beer increase and shortage is simply corporate greed. With fewer customers (tourists) during the pandemic how on earth do you run short of bottles or ingredients? The answer is you don't. Logically it can't happen.

What can and does happen is corporate greedy pigs at all levels of manufacturing and distribution get together and invent a shortage. Not only beer but pretty much everything from computer chips to chickens. Then the greedy little pigs also throw in "its because of covid". I for one am sick of the greed and irresponsibility from these butt heads.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
IMO the reason for the beer increase and shortage is simply corporate greed. With fewer customers (tourists) during the pandemic how on earth do you run short of bottles or ingredients? The answer is you don't. Logically it can't happen.

What can and does happen is corporate greedy pigs at all levels of manufacturing and distribution get together and invent a shortage. Not only beer but pretty much everything from computer chips to chickens. Then the greedy little pigs also throw in "its because of covid". I for one am sick of the greed and irresponsibility from these butt heads.
They never mentioned they were short of bottles or ingredients. It's the cost of both to them that's raising.

Doesn't anyone read the daily news?

• Sad
Reactions: cavok

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
They never mentioned they were short of bottles or ingredients. It's the cost of both to them that's raising.

Doesn't anyone read the daily news?

So the cost is rising. I get that, but to me, that doesn't explain the shortage of Presidente and Bohemia all over the place. It would explain a rise in the price to end-users.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I remember the time many years ago in Santiago in the 80's when it was extremely difficult to find Presidente in colmados, and when you could find it, it wouldn't be cold.
Turned out they were being bribed not to carry it.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I went to a couple colmados today to buy beer and they had none - no Presidente, Bohemia, Modelo, no nada. They said they are not receiving deliveries of beer,

I wonder if this is the plan to end the "teteos" in the barrios?

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Still tastes like skunk pee - Heineken & Budweiser are the most over rated crappy beers in the world.
Corona is next - Try drinking that piss when it warms up a little - yuck
Has anyone had some Leinenkugel beer... from Chippewa Falls Wisconsin. the beer capital of the USA is wisconsin..........

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I spoke with another friend in the Callejon. She said the colmados near her don't have any cerveza either. Looks like there's a scarcity of beer developing - at least here in Cabarete.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Skunk pee?
Well that certainly explains a lot now doesn't it? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
(couldn't pass up the opportunity)
I'll stick to drinking Presidente Light.
Bohemia leaves me feeling like I'm going to give birth the
following morning.

• Haha

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The pickings are getting pretty slim in the two colmados closest to me. I went looking yesterday and all they had was Cerveza 1. No Bohemia and no Presidente. That was the first time at least one brand of the latter two wasn't available in at least one size. When I asked why, I was just told that "they" couldn't get delivery, no real reason given and yes the price went up again for the few bottles that were available for sale. Not a crisis yet as the larger grocery stores all seem to have stock of some beer, some unappealing local brands and lots of imports but very few of the preferred cheaper local brands we are used to purchasing.