Might CV19 tests be required to enter the DR?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Yeah,
But your opinions are still of no consequence in the DR. :(
Are the opinions of any members of this board of consequence to the DR? Not a snied remark BTW. And if you really would like to discuss the subject of cause and effect let's discuss: How many members here even have a vote in ANYTHING at all in the country that they live in, complain about daily, etc, etc. From what I can see that is a very small number. Nothing wrong with that other than, the only thing one has is an "opinion" here, there and everywhere.
Que mas Mr. Lobo?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Are the opinions of any members of this board of consequence to the DR? Not a snied remark BTW. And if you really would like to discuss the subject of cause and effect let's discuss: How many members here even have a vote in ANYTHING at all in the country that they live in, complain about daily, etc, etc. From what I can see that is a very small number. Nothing wrong with that other than, the only thing one has is an "opinion" here, there and everywhere.
Que mas Mr. Lobo?
I only just recently became eligible to vote and I will in the next elections.

Reactions: johne

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Yes, exactly. And yes, nothing is wrong with that. They want all they can eat and drink for the cheapest price. Do they care that 99% of the country outside the resorts is just a big garbage dump? No they don't care. Do they care that 99% of Dominicans don't flush the toilet after they use it? No they don't care about that either. Do they care about all other problems in DR that you discuss here? NO! They want unlimited alcoholic drinks, beach and sun, that's it.

Anybody who doesn't like my opinion can go to Antigua & Barbuda (or any other Caribbean island) for example, rent a car and drive around the island to see the difference, then check in in some all–inclusive resort there and see the difference.
Just to clarify Antigua, Barbuda, etc... do not have the amount of AI resorts as say Punta Cana does. "Cheapest price" well that depends on where you stay, not all the resorts are in the same price range. "99% of the country outside the resorts is a big garbage dump"? Please tell me why you live here, I would be curious to know. You have a very low opinion about this country, the country where you claim to live. As far as the actual topic, I would assume that if the situation does not improve that some measures may be taken (proof of vaccination, neg test, etc..). Time will tell.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Believe it or not, I am good friend with a south African family here in LT. But, in their defense, they previously lived in North America, so they are not bringing any variant (plus, they have been living here in DR for several years).

Not many of them living and visiting the island to my knowledge though.
All of the variants of concern (VOC) have been identified in Canada. I have no doubt that they are all around the world. The job of the virus is to find a human host by any means possible even if it means mutating and that is what it is doing and it are not restricted by man-made borders.
Governments are playing what is the equivalent of "whack-a-mole". They are in a mad dash to get the citizens of the world vaccinated before a mutation, that proves to be resistant to the vaccines, comes along.
Of interest are the new names for the variants using the Greek alphabet...

The B.1.1.7 VOC first identified in the U.K is now known as...ALPHA.
The B.1.351 VOC first identified in South Africa is now.............BETA.
The P.1 VOC first identified in Brazil is now....................................GAMMA
The B.1.617:2, first identified in India is now...................................DELTA

Politically correct mumbo jumbo?
Perhaps.
But at the end of the day, there is good reason to refrain, as much as possible, from labeling particular countries or peoples.
The targeting of people of Asian descent has gotten out of control, at least in North America, more specifically in the U.S.A.

Proof of vaccination may well prove to be the only way out of this God-awful mess.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
But at the end of the day, there is good reason to refrain, as much as possible, from labeling particular countries or peoples.
The targeting of people of Asian descent has gotten out of control, at least in North America, more specifically in the U.S.A.
This is being grossly exaggerated by the liberal Ministry of Truth.

• Sad
Reactions: Michael DR

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
This is being grossly exaggerated by the liberal Ministry of Truth.

I suppose you know that because you have a single Asian friend whom people hug daily ? :rolleyes:

Whether the number of attacks doesn't satisfy your threshold, there is certainly an increase of verbal and/or physical attacks since Covid with videos to prove.:sick:

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I suppose you know that because you have a single Asian friend whom people hug daily ? :rolleyes:

Whether the number of attacks doesn't satisfy your threshold, there is certainly an increase of verbal and/or physical attacks since Covid with videos to prove.:sick:
The Ministry of Truth is just giving more coverage to whatever anti-Asian sentiment there was that already existed. Don't believe the propaganda!

• Sad

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My Asian DIL told me that she hasnt ever had anyone say or do anything racist towards her. She lives in Vancouver Canada.

PCMike

Aug 30, 2008
Yes, exactly. And yes, nothing is wrong with that. They want all they can eat and drink for the cheapest price. Do they care that 99% of the country outside the resorts is just a big garbage dump? No they don't care. Do they care that 99% of Dominicans don't flush the toilet after they use it? No they don't care about that either. Do they care about all other problems in DR that you discuss here? NO! They want unlimited alcoholic drinks, beach and sun, that's it.

Anybody who doesn't like my opinion can go to Antigua & Barbuda (or any other Caribbean island) for example, rent a car and drive around the island to see the difference, then check in in some all–inclusive resort there and see the difference.
You seem to have a hate on...I hoping you do not live here. Obviously, you only see what you want to see.

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
You seem to have a hate on...I hoping you do not live here. Obviously, you only see what you want to see.
Just stating the facts, no hate at all. You may see some things from the different perspective. And maybe on some other subject our opinion could be the same, who knows. It would be weird if every person on any internet forum had the same opinion as you, right?