Curfew Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCMike

Aug 30, 2008
Should also shut down construction. Isn't Luis in the concrete business? Why just penalize some business? Shut down the country.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I don't know who was arrested, but having just walked Pedro Clisante I can report the word is out. Bars are empty and a restaurant that does mostly beer business in the afternoon is closed.
Good to hear.
The last thing this administration wants or needs is tourist flocking to the areas
where that money is needed the most. All tourism shall be directed to Punta Cana
and the AI's going forward. End of story.

Reactions: jd426

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I did call 911. They referred me to policia nacional. I called PN they transfered me 2xs and I made my report. I listened for almost 2 hours before sleeping and no police showed up.
That is not a surprise. Time to make friends with the local police commander for better service.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Good to hear.
The last thing this administration wants or needs is tourist flocking to the areas
where that money is needed the most. All tourism shall be directed to Punta Cana
and the AI's going forward. End of story.
Almost correct, It is the last thing the government cares about since it is all about AI's.

Reactions: CristoRey

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Who needs the details.
So long as they arrested a few hard working business owners and shook down a few decent folks, who cares?
Good lesson for gringos who think they are special, and can get away with anything in the DR.
No discretion in bars with alcohol sales or prostitution.
You get too much into the face of gob.do they will react.

Sosua News
"After all, by order of President Luis Abinader, it was decreed that until 9 June a ban on the sale of alcoholic drinks from 3 o'clock in the afternoon was in effect. This measure seems to be effective, because in recent weeks the terraces in the main street Pedro Clisante were well occupied until 10 o'clock in the evening. Now, after the introduction of this alcohol ban, the terraces are almost deserted every evening."

At Bar Central covid is over...

UEFA EURO 2020 Tournament in Sosúa Sosua News​

06-03.jpg

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Good lesson for gringos who think they are special, and can get away with anything in the DR.
Could not agree with you more.
There's a new Friedensrichter in town.
Sosua's glory days are long gone and all that's
left is couple of old washed up gringos cramming
into their favorite watering holes (before 3pm ;))
sharing stories about how wonderful things used to be.

1623114446316.png

Reactions: Lobo Tropical

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

Sosua News
"After all, by order of President Luis Abinader, it was decreed that until 9 June a ban on the sale of alcoholic drinks from 3 o'clock in the afternoon was in effect. This measure seems to be effective, because in recent weeks the terraces in the main street Pedro Clisante were well occupied until 10 o'clock in the evening. Now, after the introduction of this alcohol ban, the terraces are almost deserted every evening."

At Bar Central covid is over...

UEFA EURO 2020 Tournament in Sosúa Sosua News​

06-03.jpg
Not today. Place empty after 3 pm

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Who needs the details.
So long as they arrested a few hard working business owners and shook down a few decent folks, who cares?
Well, as you know I am friends with some business owners in Sosua so I would like to know ,,,,,,but I get your point.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I did call 911. They referred me to policia nacional. I called PN they transfered me 2xs and I made my report. I listened for almost 2 hours before sleeping and no police showed up.
911 and the PN are not the numbers you call for noise. There are numbers specifically for that reason. No wonder no one came

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
The article does not mention any specific businesses/ business owners. Do you know any details?
Four that were reported ....ROCKYS RESTAURANT in El Batey and BIG D PLACE, BIKINIS and FLIP FLOP BAR all located on Sosua beach

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
This is from another thread on noise: 809 682 3151 ext 5036. Also, the TupoliciaRD app may be helpful

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Four that were reported ....ROCKYS RESTAURANT in El Batey and BIG D PLACE, BIKINIS and FLIP FLOP BAR all located on Sosua beach
I know two of those business owners very well.
Sucks but they are both well-aware of how things
move and the changes which have been implemented
in and around town for several years now.

Reactions: Lobo Tropical

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012

That sucks, I know 2 of the 4 owners. It's been hard enough for "small" businesses to survive the governments efforts to put them out of business without being arrested.

Billp16

Jul 20, 2018

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The curfew is extended, but I don't see anything about alcohol sales?

Reactions: Peterj
Status
Not open for further replies.