E-Ticket (Can't enter the DR without this)

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Have to fill out an E-ticket.. Gaby didn't. We tried and couldn't complete the online form.. She had no issues at the airport.. Is she going to fill out an E-ticket when she leaves June 25th? No. Will she have problems? No because she is Dominican. a few bucks here and few bucks there talking fast as she does, and that girl gets through an airport faster than anyone I've ever seen.. Works equally well in POP and SDQ.. STI not so much.. Not necessarily having to follow the rules is one of the things that I love about the DR..
May.be. Let us know how that works out for her when she tries to come back.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I think this can be closed because nobody will ever be required to fill out the E-Ticket.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Lol. Wasting your money if in fact you really are giving a few bucks here and there. You giving money to the baggage handlers yes...who else?it’s a single piece of blue paper that takes less than five minutes to do. 😂
I can see that "You don't get it"... No baggage handlers.. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I still suggest closing this because nobody will ever be required to fill out an E-Ticket
At least some will insist on this until it is no longer true. We can re-visit it then.

• Haha
Reactions: cavok

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
May I ask a question ??

E-ticket or no - I have a 15 mo old infant arriving.
Is she supposed to fill out a form or are babies exempt ?

Riva? Evelyn ?
Are you there ??

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
May I ask a question ??

E-ticket or no - I have a 15 mo old infant arriving.
Is she supposed to fill out a form or are babies exempt ?

Riva? Evelyn ?
Are you there ??

When my grandkids came, one was under 2. Yes, he needed a paper filled out with his passport. I assume electronic filing is same.

Reactions: ALLOR925

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
P

you are absolutely right. Jajajajaja. You have it all
Figured out. Keep up
the good work mi amigo.
Not me.. I'm just a gringo.. No way could I get away with what my my wife does in the airport.. SHE on the other hand does have it figured out and has been doing it for years... She's not the only Dominican that does this same thing. However, I'm sure you know better..

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Not me.. I'm just a gringo.. No way could I get away with what my my wife does in the airport.. SHE on the other hand does have it figured out and has been doing it for years... She's not the only Dominican that does this same thing. However, I'm sure you know better..
Whatever

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The E-Ticket is featuring in amateur travel videos. lol Skip to 7:20 more or less where it is shown in this video.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
According to jstarebel, this will only apply to gringos. Most Dominicanos know how to talk their way out of this.

Reactions: johne

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
According to jstarebel, this will only apply to gringos. Most Dominicanos know how to talk their way out of this.
Yes , according to his observations Dominicanos talk so fast airport personnel think they are doing a bachata and dance right by. :).

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
It works exactly the opposite way in Punta Cana, the gringos are waved through customs and the Dominicans are always pulled over and have their cases inspected.

• Haha
Reactions: cavok

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I (now) firmly believe the e-tic is favored by the masses over the paper crap with a typeface so small your need a maginfying glass. There is a reason for that: A significant amount of people use their cell phone to store any and all information. They are accustomed to put their boarding pass on the cell, why not the e-tic?? I think it's curtains for the blue paper.

Reactions: thompstr

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My friend is in JFK right now waiting for the 3:30pm flt to SDQ on JetBlue

He says they did NOT ask him for proof of e-ticket at check-in.....

Yes, he has the form filled out and is checked in... but never needed to prove it

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
My friend is in JFK right now waiting for the 3:30pm flt to SDQ on JetBlue

He says they did NOT ask him for proof of e-ticket at check-in.....

Yes, he has the form filled out and is checked in... but never needed to prove it
If he filled in the E-Ticket, they probably did not have to ask because they could already see it?

Just a wild guess on that.

Reactions: thompstr