Is he looking for a visa?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
If you love him, get him the Rolex Sky Dweller in rose gold, see if he sells it or wears it proudly.
If he doesn't sell it, marry him with a pre-nup and make more babies.

Reactions: jd426

Big

Apr 24, 2019
If you love him, get him the Rolex Sky Dweller in rose gold, see if he sells it or wears it proudly.
If he doesn't sell it, marry him with a pre-nup and make more babies.
guys that wear Yankee's baseball caps sideways , have tattoos on their neck would not know the difference between a Sky dweller or a casio.

Reactions: jd426

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
You can't technically get him a Visa. Any process to make him "legal" will be a long and not guaranteed one. Overstaying his visitors visa makes the process more difficult. If he is looking to become "legal" he should contact a immigration lawyer where he is. If you want to continue a relationship with him that is your decision. But just because you have a relationship with him does not mean you need to sponsor him for legal status. Think of it this way, when he overstayed his visa he knew he would have to resolve the issue one way or another. So maybe his intentions are not for a long term relationship but just to resolve his situation.

Reactions: Hilari and JD Jones

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
HOW did I miss this one ... Yet Another wonderful Love story, .... Meeting a man online, and he wants to be in love ... It sounds absolutely amazing ..by all means you should pursue it to see where it goes ..
(We already know , but its for you to find out)..
Please DO keep us posted and share every little detail...
We love these Romance stories ..

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Run. Don’t walk. Muy rápido. Past allllll the red flags you stated in your original post.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Also, I have heard that if a person or a family is running a scam for a green card. The entire family or a lot of their friends and relatives are in on it.
99.9% of the time. Not always.

Hilari. Seriously speaking, you have not received a single positive response to your predicament. I hope that tells you something.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Also, I have heard that if a person or a family is running a scam for a green card. The entire family or a lot of their friends and relatives are in on it.
I’ve seen this firsthand. A Dominican I know well was dating an Australian woman he met in Punta Cana. He was in his 40s, speaks nearly perfect English, good family, but not very ambitious. She was 60ish, an attorney and very generous. Even bought him a car. 🙄. She spent time with his family, and the welcomed her like she was truly part of it. I never met her, but I often heard the family, including mom, refer to her as “the old lady”. La Vieja finally wised up and dumped him.

Sep 19, 2005
your question is short, but the answers are incredibly dynamic....insanely dynamic!...it is kinda scary you have such a short time, and are talking like you are. laws change over the years... these days with a Biden administration, I doubt there is much chasing of illegal immigrants going on...epscially if they arent committing OTHER crimes. It USED to be...that if you sponsored an immigrant and married them, and divorced, after 2 years...... and that Immigrant went onto welfare, that the federal government could garnish your wages to recoup what they pay in welfare to that person!!!!!!!!!!! the worst scenario is one that you lose a lot of money or your life savings to a swindler....... otherwise...youll get over the heart ache of a scammer.... so be wise with any signing of legal documents binding you both!!