Government will insist that all are vaccinated

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
After the current leader of the Great White North is deposed?

Meanwhile in the DR:

- People can be fired with no severance for not vaccinating
- There is the potential to ban all people from entering public and private businesses if not vaccinated
- The government has very clearly stated that they want everyone vaccinated
Yes... This is great planning:

So at the same time, they are putting vaccination mandatory, except that they have no more vaccine available for the full 2 dosis... So for people who don't have the first shot, they cannot get it even if they wanted and at the same time they can be fired for not being vaccinated...

A few days day, Abinader said that nobody will be forced to vaccinate AND in the same news article he said that they will convince the whole pueblo to vaccinate...

For at least supermarkets, there has been zero social distancing for ages as of now, and now they suddenly would change all "rules" and ban people without vaccination... Having caution with COVID should apply all measures, not just part of them... I find this to be just the drama that the press and people here really do enjoy... I don't doubt it might happen, as it would be something new and interesting for people to talk about...

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Canada-DR flights should resume the day the government announces no more Covid hotel stay for vaccinated people. I expect to see some sweet deals on flights and accommodations.
Read again..
The federal government is set to announce Wednesday that fully vaccinated Canadian travellers will no longer need to spend 14 days in COVID-19quarantine upon arriving home.
Canadian citizen’s returning! Not foreigners coming to Canada..

70c8fc80

thompstr

Mar 21, 2018
Read again..
The federal government is set to announce Wednesday that fully vaccinated Canadian travellers will no longer need to spend 14 days in COVID-19quarantine upon arriving home.

70c8fc80
It was announced today...but starts in july

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Does anyone else see the vaccine card writing on the wall?

Must just be me because I read the news in the DR.
A Dominican vaccine card?... do you think that maybe some games will be played... like fakes ,bribes, theft...let the games begin ..........

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
After contracting the virus just like other flu viruses your body produces antibodies...no need for a vaccine...natural immunity is acquired...world has gone loco...
You are missing the point - of course there is no need for a vaccine from a health point of view, if you are POST- COVID. But in our case the vaccine is required in order to re-enter Canada bypassing the Covid-hotel quarantine. Try explaining your "no need for a vaccine" to a border guard who has their marching orders.
Read again..

70c8fc80
You realize that the Sinovac vaccine is not on the list of approved vaccines that Canada will accept as "fully vaccinated" from Canadian citizens returning to Canada from the DR.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Covid lunacy...people should educate themselves and look at the stats...covid has affected the little intelligence some have...covid zombies...
My prediction from the start.. Corona head Zombies....fast multiplying Zombies start the wordwide apocalypse..........

Reactions: Juan Bosch

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
You are missing the point - of course there is no need for a vaccine from a health point of view, if you are POST- COVID. But in our case the vaccine is required in order to re-enter Canada bypassing the Covid-hotel quarantine. Try explaining your "no need for a vaccine" to a border guard who has their marching orders.

You realize that the Sinovac vaccine is not on the list of approved vaccines that Canada will accept as "fully vaccinated"
In the USA news this morning.. Doc. Fauci is the top expert in the states...said sinovac is at the bottom of the list of vaccines being used........

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Biden may do an end run around Trudeau and open the US border first to Canadian citizens who have proof of both vaccinations. It’s already happening at US airports. Canadians don’t require testing or isolation entering and exiting US airports if the have both shots. I’ll go out on a limb here and say the Covid hotel requirement will be lifted within two weeks and US citizens with both shots will be allowed across the land border into Canada in short order.
Not happening… land borders won’t yet..

You realize that the Sinovac vaccine is not on the list of approved vaccines that Canada will accept as "fully vaccinated" from Canadian citizens returning to Canada from the DR.
only approved by Health Canada vaccines…I can bet my house Sinovac will never be approved in Canada 100% (there is quiet war going on with China and Sinovac smack in middle) if you don’t have one of these enjoy Hotel..
70CE5C01-885D-46A1-B501-C416FC25A667.jpeg

Reactions: thompstr

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Read again..

70c8fc80

More clarification was announced this morning. The three day mandatory hotel stay requirement will end early July for Canadians with both shots. The efficacy of Sinovac is being assessed by Public Health Agency Canada. No word on its validity yet.

The government didn’t mention if returning fully vaccinated non Canadians are eligible for the Covid hotel exemption.

You need to be fully vaccinated 14 days prior to returning to Canada. A pre departure Canadian approved PCR Covid test will still be required for entry into Canada. Quick tests are not acceptable. Even if your fully vaccinated and arrive with a negative PCR test result. a positive quick test result at the airport on your arrival means you go to a Covid hotel and wait for further testing results.

Isolation at home is still required for returning fully vaccinated Canadians. You can do another quick test a few days after your back home and report the results. If negative, you can end your isolation.

Only Manitoba has committed to Covid vaccination pass cards. The other provinces and the federal government are discussing the path forward on vaccine passes.

This is evolving quickly and more changes may be made prior to its implementation in July. It’s still not a get home free pass but it’s on the path.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Do you have a link where this ongoing assessment has been reported? Thx.
Mentioned by Dr. Tam, PHAC head during interview. Check the PHAC website. You should get an update there.

Checked Westjet this morning. Flights to the DR resume second week of July and are booking fast. I suspect the Canadian airlines are getting inside information from the Feds.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Not happening… land borders won’t yet..

only approved by Health Canada vaccines…I can bet my house Sinovac will never be approved in Canada 100% (there is quiet war going on with China and Sinovac smack in middle) if you don’t have one of these enjoy Hotel..View attachment 4553

Didn’t say Biden would open the land borders. I said he may open the borders. Biden has proven to be his own man. He shut down the Trump approved Keystone XL Canada-US pipeline despite it’s significant economic impact on the Canadian oil industry. The Alberta government just cancelled the project and lost $1.3 billions dollars on the deal despite their pleas to Biden to approve the project. He is pressuring Trudeau to get the border opened quickly. That’s a good thing!

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
After contracting the virus just like other flu viruses your body produces antibodies...no need for a vaccine...natural immunity is acquired...world has gone loco...
And of course you, with all your medical training know more than the medical people at the hospital.

If you have flu once, does it mean you will never get it again?

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Didn’t say Biden would open the land borders. I said he may open the borders. Biden has proven to be his own man. He shut down the Trump approved Keystone XL Canada-US pipeline despite it’s significant economic impact on the Canadian oil industry. The Alberta government just cancelled the project and lost $1.3 billions dollars on the deal despite their pleas to Biden to approve the project. He is pressuring Trudeau to get the border opened quickly. That’s a good thing!
Alberta is special!!! There probably won’t be a gas sold car in near futur…

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Mentioned by Dr. Tam, PHAC head during interview. Check the PHAC website. You should get an update there.

Checked Westjet this morning. Flights to the DR resume second week of July and are booking fast. I suspect the Canadian airlines are getting inside information from the Feds.
Where did you see flights to DR in July ,in west jetapp I can only see Aug.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015

My mistake. I was flipping between my old and new Westjet reservations. My July reservations are now bumped to August. So far I’ve been bumped from June to July to August. I’m hoping they revert back to July flights if the Covid restrictions are lifted the first week of July. Demand will be the key factor. I think it’s there. As I previously posted, I need to get back to tje DR ASAP to check on a friend. I was tempted to go down and back through the States. Now that the government is seriously considering removing the Covid hotel stay during the first week of July, I’ll
hold off going through the US. My only concern is the Delta variant. It’s expected to be the summer spreader. It could bring back tighter travel restrictions if it becomes the fourth wave.