E-Ticket (Can't enter the DR without this)

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Just returned to Punta Cana yesterday. I did fill out the E Ticket. It goes like this, they did not give out forms on the plane. Jetblue, so there are forms available to fill out like before in the customs area. At the booth they had an E Ticket logo along with a blue ticket showing at the window. You had to have either. Then after claiming my luggage on the way out there was a short line where you had to either produce the large customs form or the E Ticket.

Bottom line they upped the software on the E Ticket. I filled it out on my phone in about 5 minutes using English. So I do recommend using it as it does save time now coming in. Going out not really, as the small form takes 1 minute to fill out.

But the idea that you cannot enter or leave without it is just not true.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I received for the first time regarding a flight I have in two days an email from JetBlue that an e tic was to be done for entering the DR. Prior to this the airline stated they had nothing to do with this matter.
I did the e tic and would think this is not a mandate but it really is easier. Just a heads up.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I received for the first time regarding a flight I have in two days an email from JetBlue that an e tic was to be done for entering the DR. Prior to this the airline stated they had nothing to do with this matter.
I did the e tic and would think this is not a mandate but it really is easier. Just a heads up.
Jetblue sends this Email to everyone on the flight. It is much easier now to just fill it out, but certainly not mandatory.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My friend is in JFK right now waiting for the 3:30pm flt to SDQ on JetBlue

He says they did NOT ask him for proof of e-ticket at check-in.....

Yes, he has the form filled out and is checked in... but never needed to prove it
johne is right - it must be new

My post was when my friend had been checked in & was at the gate....this past Thursday
He got no advance e-mail

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
So for all of you who have been swearing blind that this will never be a requirement. Now that JetBlue is emailing people to say they must complete the eTicket before they fly do you believe they will allow you to check in without the eTicket? Or will they ignore their own email?

HS10

Feb 17, 2008
I flew in from Newark yesterday. Filled out the form before I left. Eliminated the 3 paper forms that everyone else was filling out. Had the QR on my phone. No problems.

Reactions: ALLOR925

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
So for all of you who have been swearing blind that this will never be a requirement. Now that JetBlue is emailing people to say they must complete the eTicket before they fly do you believe they will allow you to check in without the eTicket? Or will they ignore their own email?
One more time. I just flew Jetblue to PUJ. Yes, they send an Email. Yes, I filled it out. And NO most on the plane were busy filling out the paper forms when we landed. You get in either way, just quicker with the E Ticket. And you do not need the E Ticket to check in on Jetblue either, regardless of the Email.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Lol. I do what I’m told in order to get to paradise. 🤗🎉🎉🎉

Reactions: ALLOR925

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
One more time. I just flew Jetblue to PUJ. Yes, they send an Email. Yes, I filled it out. And NO most on the plane were busy filling out the paper forms when we landed. You get in either way, just quicker with the E Ticket. And you do not need the E Ticket to check in on Jetblue either, regardless of the Email.
Care to explain why they waited until landing rather than the usual handing the paper forms in the airplane prior to landing by the stewardists and filling it there?

What's the printing status of the forms?

What will happen when they runout of the remaining forms when new forms aren't being printed?

Reactions: MariaRubia

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Look at it sky as a transition period.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Care to explain why they waited until landing rather than the usual handing the paper forms in the airplane prior to landing by the stewardists and filling it there?

What's the printing status of the forms?

What will happen when they runout of the remaining forms when new forms aren't being printed?
They are not giving forms out on Jetblue anymore. But there were plenty of forms at PUJ. Yes, the DR Govt. wants people to use the E Ticket. But think of a plane from Russia which will be coming soon as an example. How many people will NOT have that form? Half, probably a lot more than half, but take half. 300 people, 150 don't have the E Ticket. What happens if the 150 people are denied entry to the DR. Where do they put them, jail, somewhere at the airport? You tell me. And that is just one plane. It is just not possible to deny entry or exit. PERIOD....................

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
They are not giving forms out on Jetblue anymore. But there were plenty of forms at PUJ. Yes, the DR Govt. wants people to use the E Ticket. But think of a plane from Russia which will be coming soon as an example. How many people will NOT have that form? Half, probably a lot more than half, but take half. 300 people, 150 don't have the E Ticket. What happens if the 150 people are denied entry to the DR. Where do they put them, jail, somewhere at the airport? You tell me. And that is just one plane. It is just not possible to deny entry or exit. PERIOD....................
Yikes. Things change. They no longer allow you to bring liquids on board. No longer allow you to smoke on board. Have sex in the bathroom. Solicit the stewards for a date. Walk around in bikinis. No more farting. Burping. Cuss words. Saying hi to passengers boarding. This e form business is minor league Sky. Give it up.

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
I flew in to DR today. They did not ask at check in about the E-ticket.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I flew in to DR today. They did not ask at check in about the E-ticket.
Meaning, this is never going to happen? Your point is...? The last trip I made the same thing happened and when I asked ( I had done a e tic) they said I already have this in my computer against your PP.
I think that the tread heading “ You CAN’T enter” is mid-leading”. That heading should be modified imho so as to stop the anecdotal replies.