EDENorte North Coast: Electricity Outages & Restoration Announcements

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Thanks, good to know in advance and I hadn't checked lately. I think I am SABY 102 but it might be 101! We will inform the local guy who was coming here tomorrow afternoon that he may be unable to do his welding in order to repair my very large water tank! Bit of a hassle but good to be forewarned.
East of Cabarete, Sabaneta and the surrounding area I believe. Possibly as far as as Gaspar H. but I'm not sure. I only posted for the person we often see in this thread posting about their circuit SABY101

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Thanks, good to know in advance and I hadn't checked lately. I think I am SABY 102 but it might be 101! We will inform the local guy who was coming here tomorrow afternoon that he may be unable to do his welding in order to repair my very large water tank! Bit of a hassle but good to be forewarned.
Any welding that we have done, they have to have their own generator; not going to drain our solar system/batteries. They all compiled with their own generator.

Reactions: whirleybird

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Edenorte is announcing a maintenance outage this coming Tuesday June 15, 2021 12:00-17:00 for all circuits in Sosua. Substation maintenance.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Having gone through an almost 7 hour maintenance event today without power, it has gone out again. From what I have been told the power is out to most if not all of Sosua and some communities further east.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Having gone through an almost 7 hour maintenance event today without power, it has gone out again. From what I have been told the power is out to most if not all of Sosua and some communities further east.
And outages continued into the night.
At some point when do these repeated long outages no longer qualify as maintenance and get labeled as incompetence?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
And outages continued into the night.
At some point when do these repeated long outages no longer qualify as maintenance and get labeled as incompetence?
Frequently. but much less frequently than before the past couple of years on the north coast in my circuit, CABT102.

The need for such frequent "maintenance" calls into question the original installation and the quality of the materials used for it.
The term "cheap Chinese crap" comes to mind.

Reactions: chico bill

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I woke up between 01:00-2:00 to find the power was out again for the 2nd time last night. I reported the outage to Edenorte and then tried to get back to sleep. Difficult to do with thoughts of additional issues and inconvenience awaiting you in the morning. Thankfully it came back on around 02:50 and some additional sleep was then achieved.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Yesterday during the scheduled maintenance outage, "they" installed some new concrete poles and cut some trees in my neighborhood. No wires attached to the poles yet so I know another outage is on the horizon just do not know when or for how long. Someone told me that the 10pm outage last night was the result of an accident near Playero. I have no idea what happened around 01:00 to cause the 2nd outage.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
another outage coming up today around noon for a couple hours. apparently they didn't fish up yesterday or last night

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Pretty near 3pm and still not so patiently waiting for the power to return. 4 outages in 24 hrs is a bit outside the norm even for Edenorte in this area. Oh well at least I can go to the store and buy beer if I want to.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Frequently. but much less frequently than before the past couple of years on the north coast in my circuit, CABT102.

The need for such frequent "maintenance" calls into question the original installation and the quality of the materials used for it.
The term "cheap Chinese crap" comes to mind.
The guy being prosecuted for $500,000,000. Embezzling comes to mind.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Pretty near 3pm and still not so patiently waiting for the power to return. 4 outages in 24 hrs is a bit outside the norm even for Edenorte in this area. Oh well at least I can go to the store and buy beer if I want to.
4:44 pm and my solar is great, had some AC too.
Sorry. I will never understand people that bitch and scream about things BUT will never except responsibility for doing and correcting their on situation.
Just nuts to me

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
4:44 pm and my solar is great, had some AC too.
Sorry. I will never understand people that bitch and scream about things BUT will never except responsibility for doing and correcting their on situation.
Just nuts to me
And I have little interest in your continually espousing Solar, DR Solar. But I am sure you will over and over and over....

I get it you love what you did, but it is not for everyone.

Many people don't have private homes and even if they do, some don't have the proper set up to add solar panels, batteries, etc. What can those people do to "Correct their Situation"? (except for expect the service that they allegedly pay for).

Reactions: Bred

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
And I have little interest in your continually espousing Solar, DR Solar. But I am sure you will over and over and over....

I get it you love what you did, but it is not for everyone.

Many people don't have private homes and even if they do, some don't have the proper set up to add solar panels, batteries, etc. What can those people do to "Correct their Situation"? (except for expect the service that they allegedly pay for).
And sorry to say, for 20 years you have done absolutely nothing about helping yourself and finding solutions other then phone calls. 20 years, how well has that worked for you?
20 years of not finding any solutions, nit one. But you still have the same problems you had 20 years ago.

We know you have the property with space and can do.

Ya just don't want to. Period!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
And sorry to say, for 20 years you have done absolutely nothing about helping yourself and finding solutions other then phone calls. 20 years, how well has that worked for you?
20 years of not finding any solutions, nit one. But you still have the same problems you had 20 years ago.

We know you have the property with space and can do.

Ya just don't want to. Period!
I have power 24/7. I have battery back up using Edenorte on a Class A circuit which is on far more than the Sun, and a generator if that gets below about 50% state of charge.

What was it that I did not do again ? Would you care to pontificate on that again?

I may consider Solar power some day, but probably not.

By the way, you responded to me and not my question to you about others. .. What should they do?

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
This is gotng to last until FRIDAY as per the Edenort site: Planned power outages will continue in our area until 18th June - 12 pm til 5pm each day - as per Edenorte website.

Our Batteries were low after last night ! So not sure we will make today nor the next day nor Friday.
Olly

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This is gotng to last until FRIDAY as per the Edenort site: Planned power outages will continue in our area until 18th June - 12 pm til 5pm each day - as per Edenorte website.

Our Batteries were low after last night ! So not sure we will make today nor the next day nor Friday.
Olly
Don't worry,, DR Solar will tell you what to do. LOL

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
I have power 24/7. I have battery back up using Edenorte on a Class A circuit which is on far more than the Sun, and a generator if that gets below about 50% state of charge.

What was it that I did not do again ? Would you care to pontificate on that again?

I may consider Solar power some day, but probably not.

By the way, you responded to me and not my question to you about others. .. What should they do?
Wow. You must have changed something cause that's not what you have spouted for 20 years. Congrats.

Everyone has choices. Some less then others, and many have more. Everyone still has choices.

20 years of phone calls and being were I was 20 years ago somehow didn't work for me....19 years ago. Lol.