Car recall notices

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We shipped a car we’d purchased new in USA to DR, a Toyota Venza. This week we received notification that it’s being recalled.

Will the dealer in Santo Domingo do the recall work?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Let us know how it goes. I've heard a lot of unsubstantiated stories about Delta.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Some of those recall notice can be thrown away.....
See if you can determine the 'fix' - what need fixing..... may be quite minor

Jan 9, 2004
I believe you might be referring to the recall notice issued May 31, 2021 regarding the drivers side door/curtain airbag wiring.

The good news is that airbag recall was instituted by the manufacturer not any US agency i.e., NHTSA. The referenced recalled Venzas were sold in the US and Canada.

The bad news is that yours is in the DR, and while the dealer is obligated via their agreement with Toyota to fix the problem, because the vehicle is in the DR, your wait for the parts to fix it will be long as parts priority will be given to US/Canadian dealers (where most still reside).

There are literally thousands of Toyota's, Honda's, and others with potentially dangerous recalled Takata airbags that were imported into the DR that have not been addressed in over 5 years.

Contact Toyota in the US and explain the problem (800) 331-4331.......they are much more likely to be able get things going faster than just showing up at the dealer in Santo Domingo.

Your wait, for parts and to schedule an appointment, may take some time i.e., as in Dominican time.

Good luck.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
It might be something to ignore. I am certain few cars here get recalls fixed.
Some of course have to do with road safety and they should be evaluated to protect you and your occupants - if they are serious.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Some of those recall notice can be thrown away.....
See if you can determine the 'fix' - what need fixing..... may be quite minor
In this case, it’s the
I believe you might be referring to the recall notice issued May 31, 2021 regarding the drivers side door/curtain airbag wiring.

The good news is that airbag recall was instituted by the manufacturer not any US agency i.e., NHTSA. The referenced recalled Venzas were sold in the US and Canada.

The bad news is that yours is in the DR, and while the dealer is obligated via their agreement with Toyota to fix the problem, because the vehicle is in the DR, your wait for the parts to fix it will be long as parts priority will be given to US/Canadian dealers (where most still reside).

There are literally thousands of Toyota's, Honda's, and others with potentially dangerous recalled Takata airbags that were imported into the DR that have not been addressed in over 5 years.

Contact Toyota in the US and explain the problem (800) 331-4331.......they are much more likely to be able get things going faster than just showing up at the dealer in Santo Domingo.

Your wait, for parts and to schedule an appointment, may take some time i.e., as in Dominican time.

Good luck.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
That’s exactly what the recall is. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.
C650FA20-37C2-4ABB-A10C-5BA77AD416C4.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2004
That's not always the case.

There is only one sure way to find out and that is contacting Delta Comercial directly.
Not that cars cannot enter by so called "grey market" means, Delta is the only exclusive authorized distributor for Toyota cars and parts in the DR.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2