Transfer money from Visa vanilla prepaid card to bank in RD?

carly_fine

Sep 9, 2019
I bought two Visa Vanilla prepaid cards at my local Walgreens. I want to transfer the balance of these cards to a friend in Santo Domingo.

Can this be done? I wanted to use a remittance site (worldremit or remitly) to send the money but I don't know if they accept these cards.

Do these companies accept visa vanilla prepaid cards?

If not, what other options do I have to send the money from these visa prepaid cards to the RD?

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I bought two Visa Vanilla prepaid cards at my local Walgreens. I want to transfer the balance of these cards to a friend in Santo Domingo.

Can this be done? I wanted to use a remittance site (worldremit or remitly) to send the money but I don't know if they accept these cards.

If not, what other options do I have to send the money from these visa prepaid cards to the RD?

I have used both WorldRemit and Remitly. All I can suggest is that you try. I have used both credit and debit cards. Don't use a credit card because you will probably be charged a cash advance fee as I was.

If this doesn't work, just spend the cards on yourself and use a your debit card to send. I've had more success with WorldRemit than Remitly.

csteinwand

May 11, 2020
Puerto Plata
I have tried using a prepaid card in the past, and ended up blocked out of Western Union for possible fraud.. Ultimately got it sorted, but was a big pain

carly_fine

Sep 9, 2019
I have tried using a prepaid card in the past, and ended up blocked out of Western Union for possible fraud.. Ultimately got it sorted, but was a big pain
Western union accepts these visa vanilla prepaid cards?

They told me that they didn't accept them, although they sounded unsure.

csteinwand

May 11, 2020
Puerto Plata
Western union accepts these visa vanilla prepaid cards?

They told me that they didn't accept them, although they sounded unsure.
they accepted it, but then my account was immediately blocked.. when I called they said not to use them in the future, or I risk getting blocked again.. ended up having to send using a regular visa debit card from my bank.

LTDan

Apr 29, 2021
SDQ

I return to the big "PX" every 6 months and bring back the max $$$ allowed, between this and "tarjetas de creditos" I live rather well

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I return to the big "PX" every 6 months and bring back the max $$$ allowed, between this and "tarjetas de creditos" I live rather well
I wasn't aware there was a "Max allowed." How much is that?