Rental in Santiago

DBL J

Sin bin
May 18, 2021
States
Looking for a 6-9 month rental in Santiago, Las Dianas area, 12k to 17k per month budget, fridge/stove/internet ... no need for parking, A/C optional

DBL J

Sin bin
May 18, 2021
States
Beggars can' be choosers so even a room would work at this point..... are there any websites with listings ond could scroll through?

DBL J

Sin bin
May 18, 2021
States
Ok, Need Some help on what is normal for a commision to an agent for finding an apartment...... is one months rent, paid as a commision to the agent the going rate? No standard fee? Please and thanks

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Ok, Need Some help on what is normal for a commision to an agent for finding an apartment...... is one months rent, paid as a commision to the agent the going rate? No standard fee? Please and thanks
Yes ..one month rent is common...as this is the DR....dont know of anything that is standard..........

DBL J

Sin bin
May 18, 2021
States
Ok, thank you, i had no frame of reference. Will the agent do the contract? Is it out of line to ask for it in English?

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Ok, thank you, i had no frame of reference. Will the agent do the contract? Is it out of line to ask for it in English?

Will be in 100% Spanish. You can have it translated by using your cell to translate it real time and get the gist of it quickly on the spot.

Like others said, one month goes to the agent.
It’s the standard fee for agent brokered rentals.
Unless they too collect the monthly rental revenues, in which case most of the times their fee is already added to the monthly rent amount.

DBL J

Sin bin
May 18, 2021
States
Thanks for education everyone, was successful in my endeavour. Providing a frame of reference was invaluable, i was surprised the agent fee was roughly one month's rent...... which now that i think about it might have been why many agents replied to my inquiries with responses that they only had properties for $1,000 US to show. I guess real estate is the place to be for work in D.R. 🙂

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
DBL, I'm on my 3rd rental here in the DR. I've never used an agent. Just walked around looking for Se alquiler signs with legible phone numbers.

Also, my Spanish sucks really bad. Still, I've never had a problem. Now, have I paid too much? Possibly, but nothing like I would pay in the USA.
^This. Look at FB marketplace, Corotos, DiarioLibre classifieds.

DBL J

Sin bin
May 18, 2021
States
Like So many things in life if you need it now you have to pay..... overall, even with the agent commision, I'm pleased. Great location, fair price, fully furnished, owner replacing fridge and stove with new so i really should not complain. Thanks for sharing your experience, it gives me confidance if there is a next time 😀

Reactions: NanSanPedro

DBL J

Sin bin
May 18, 2021
States
]Hi JD, thanks for the heads up ...... this was one of those times in life where being a Facebooker would have helped. I used Corotos and got many leads from it. Much thanks ...... as a newbie could you share the proper way to reply to your post directly?