President Jovenel Moïse assassinated in the night in his private residence

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Again, possible. Many of these guys love to fight, maybe they are always drawn to it. But to make $2700 per month to risk your life in Haiti? You can make $40,000 per year working a no skills job in Pennsylvania.
But they live in Colombia, not in Pennsylvania (well, were working in Haiti, I bet they will never set foot on the island once this is done and they are back in Colombia).

If it's true that they are innocent (and it appears so as of right now), the question is what will Haiti do for the "inconvenience?" Many were bloody, meaning received some mistreatment. A couple were killed. There names and faces were spread around the world and presented as assassins. Plus, it's probable that more than a few of them are having nightmares every night since this ordeal started and will likely continue to have nightmares well after it's done. The psychology of despair and having the whole world turn on you based on a lie is something that should have psychological repercussions on even the toughest of guys. Add to that in a foreign land where they don't even speak the language. A simple "I'm sorry" will not cut it.

Last edited:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Two of the assassins are shown here in Haitian custody. There are other videos in that account of the arrested assassins by the Haitian police, but they are violent and bloody. Viewer discretion is adviced for those other videos. The one linked here doesn't show any of that. Anyway, reports say that there was about 30 men in the act of yesterday. May they all be caught and have the full weight of Haitian laws fall on them for the rest of their lives.

Seeing this video again of the two Colombian guys captured by the Haitian police and seeing the other guy visibly in distress, the original feeling of happiness they were caught has turn to pity for the men. What a horrible situation to be in.

The guy in distress appears to be John Jairo Ramírez Gómez (Sogamoso, 40 years old) and the other guy Alejandro Giraldo Zapata (Medellín, 41 years old).

Last edited:
Reactions: KyleMackey

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
What a tangled web they weave...........

Last edited:

Big

Apr 24, 2019
absolutely zero sympathy for these shady gangsters that got involved in this incident. A pack of predatory loser gang bangers that would rob a convent if they thought there was money in it for them. What did they think they were getting into, a bake sale. Losers !!! They get what they deserve!

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Excellent.

I agree.
The U.S.of A. has enough problems of their own to be dealing with these days.
A collaboration of Haitians, Americans and Colombians working the investigation sounds about right.
I'm pretty sure they'll know where to start...
Follow the money!!!
Trite but true.
Those brand new spiffy army boots had to have been paid for by somebody.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
The wife of the assassinated president has spoken and indicated it was his own security who killed him. The Colombians were contractors of the Haitian state.

She also said the Colombians saved the lives of her and her children.

La primera Dama de Haití Martine Moïse,
habló este viernes, dice que su esposo Presidente Juvenel Moise "fue asesinado por sus agentes de seguridad. No fueron los colombianos quienes lo asesinaron. Ellos eran contratistas del Estado haitiano". Sin embargo, hay 7 colombianos muertos.
"Colombianos salvaron mi vida y la de mis hijos"
Escrito del periodista Rafael Gil.

The question now is, where are those security folks who killed him?

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
Please can someone explain what a drug cartel thinks they will gain by assassinating the president? It isn't as if they get to pick the next guy.
Process of elimination, and there's a lot of money in it for you ...
If you want to advance in that corporation, just eliminate the guy ahead of you.

Pikobello

Nov 12, 2020
Santo Domingo
So it is, one day they are killers of a president, the next day they are heroes. The Authorities sure now know all of this crime and it's a question of time when they will speak and make it official.
That's really nice stuff for the next future Hollywood Blockbuster...

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
No way. I could see saying that after a bad earthquake. And we know how that turned out.

The US is just now getting out of Afghanistan after 20 years. 60,000 Americans were killed in Viet Nam. What was accomplished in those conflicts?
No way the US will get involved in the Haitian mess. And without the US, I doubt any others will.

Reactions: Lobo Tropical

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
One of the early reports I read this morning said there was an "American English speaker" in the group of assassins. Mercenary perhaps?
I had heard there were two. Oh, and they were there only as 'translators'.
Sure they were

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
A civil war in Haiti ..should stay in Haiti... learned my lesson first hand in Viet Nam.......Was just wondering exactly what the Dominican military consists of?.............

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Biden has said there's a possibility, to stablize the country. I don't recall it working anywhere else though.
AS the commander in chief of the military is the President of the US....the military does what he whats...just remember on these small military actions and wars people in the US make money, and thats the best reason for most things...............

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
AS the commander in chief of the military is the President of the US....the military does what he whats...just remember on these small military actions and wars people in the US make money, and thats the best reason for most things...............
But of course. Just not for everybody.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
The wife of the assassinated president has spoken and indicated it was his own security who killed him. The Colombians were contractors of the Haitian state.

She also said the Colombians saved the lives of her and her children.

La primera Dama de Haití Martine Moïse,
habló este viernes, dice que su esposo Presidente Juvenel Moise "fue asesinado por sus agentes de seguridad. No fueron los colombianos quienes lo asesinaron. Ellos eran contratistas del Estado haitiano". Sin embargo, hay 7 colombianos muertos.
"Colombianos salvaron mi vida y la de mis hijos"
Escrito del periodista Rafael Gil.

The question now is, where are those security folks who killed him?
I don't think that is correct - https://elpregonerord.com/mensaje-d...de-haiti-sobre-lo-sucedido-con-jovenel-moise/
It is a Senator from the opposition who is saying that - https://sydneynewstoday.com/questio...ssassination-of-president-haiti-haiti/263243/

Reactions: KyleMackey