President Jovenel Moïse assassinated in the night in his private residence

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
Thank you.

This is a perfect example of what happens when one person posts an off-topic comment. There we go, off on a tangent. And then the mods are often criticized for doing their jobs………

Back on topic!!!!!
Agree, but he still didn't answer the question of 'where'. Since everything is in english ....

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
I have a visitor now who is a 28 y/o Haitian that I've known since he was a teen. Took him to MegaCentro today. I didn't think his eyes could get that big!
Is he from the northwest? I hear from some acquaintances that, within Haitian conditions, the living standards of the area are borderline Northeast African levels of deprivation.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Is he from the northwest? I hear from some acquaintances that, within Haitian conditions, the living standards of the area are borderline Northeast African levels of deprivation.

He's from okap. The farthest west I've ever been was Port au Paix in 2008 or 9. I don't know if that's northwest enough but I didn't see that level of deprivation.

Reactions: Naked_Snake

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
He's from okap. The farthest west I've ever been was Port au Paix in 2008 or 9. I don't know if that's northwest enough but I didn't see that level of deprivation.
I'm talking mainly about the area around Mole St. Nicholas (Bombardopolis et. al.). If you look at the satellite images of the area, it looks very dry and harsh.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
🧐

Attachments

• 08C7DEA1-2481-4704-B999-6EB0D5A31990.jpeg
    08C7DEA1-2481-4704-B999-6EB0D5A31990.jpeg
    652.2 KB · Views: 122

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
There are things seen in places like Greater SD or Santiago (and elsewhere) that people take for granted, but newly arrived Haitians notice and are impressed with. Plus, many Dominicans also have an inferiority complex regarding the country, so many Dominicans would have a hard time understanding how anything from the DR can impress anyone from anywhere. I've met some Dominicans that actually think the DR is at the same level as Venezuela. Funny enough, I've never heard a Venezuelan say that. I wonder why. 🧐

When it comes to Haitians that have always lived in Haiti, seeing something as simple as a tunnel could be a revelation of sorts.

Last edited:

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006

I agree that Columbian cartels may have their eye on Haiti, but the fact that they once trained in the US means nothing. Hundeds of thousands of foreign soldiers have come to the School Brigade on Fort Benning to take different classes. Airborne, Ranger, Pathfinder, Infantry School, etc. It's common practice to let friendly nations use US Military training facilities.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I'm talking mainly about the area around Mole St. Nicholas (Bombardopolis et. al.). If you look at the satellite images of the area, it looks very dry and harsh.
It has always been like that. In fact, that's the area that Columbus et al spent a few days after arriving to the island for the first time in 1492. According to his own writings, the area was extremely similar to southern Spain (which is a very dry place) and the first time they see that after leaving Spain. Some of the men went ashore and discovered other things like in Spain, such as certain fish types which they hadn't seen since they left the European country. Due to that, Columbus decided to name the island "La Española (Hispaniola)." A few days later the winds finally picked up in a eastern direction allowing for the three caravrls to continue easterward along the north coast and it was noted that as they sailed eastward, the island started to look like nothing of Spain, but Columbus had already named the island, so that was that.

Reactions: Naked_Snake

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I have to say that lately not much new information has been coming out of Haiti regarding the assassination. The media is simply repeating what has already been said. Hopefully, Haitian authorities haven't hit a wall. The other 5 suspects appear to still be on the run, possibly not even on the island. With the amount of coastline in Haiti, sailing to Jamaica or Cuba isn't that farfetched. Border markets are now open, so smuggling into the DR is now easier too. They could also be dead too, their decomposing bodies waiting to be found somewhere.

Last edited:

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I am Stil finding this story Really Really Really Hard to believe....
but this seems to be the story --
We are now awaiting the news on who were the "intellectual authors?" who are hinted at...

..."Those arrayed around Sanon included Walter Veintemilla, a Florida financier who invests in infrastructure projects, and Antonio “Tony” Intriago, the owner of a local security firm also in Florida, according to Duverger and another person familiar with the meeting. The gathering became a precursor to an ambitious written proposal shared among Sanon and the two business owners the following month and obtained by The Washington Post.
A company owned by Veintemilla, Worldwide Investment Development Group, and Intriago’s CTU Security would recruit and assemble a private security force to protect Sanon until he became Haiti’s president, according to the details in an unsigned draftconsulting agreement obtained by The Post. Sanon ultimately would repay them for their services using the country’s assets, according to the draft contract circulated on June 22.
A separate document obtained by The Post lays out proposed loans totaling more than $860,000 to Sanon for ammunition, equipment, transportation and accommodations for personnel, and listed dates for expenditures during May and June. Three-fourths of the $860,000 would be covered by Worldwide, the breakdown shows, and the remainder from CTU."...

Reactions: NanSanPedro

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Including the pre planning and trips to South America, it could be a Netflix mini-series.
I dunno. So far - I don't think that I would actually buy the screenplay as something credible. There is more "meat" on the bones of the story coming out.. The WaPo has "papers" -There were supposed 2 hr. Zoom planning meetings. It might START to get credible....

..."Robert N. Nicholson, a former assistant U.S. attorney for South Florida, issued a statement Thursday night on behalf of Veintemilla confirming that one of his firms, Worldwide Capital Lending Group, “assisted in providing a loan to CTU” Security.

That stops short of saying Veintemilla, an Ecuadorian émigré, actually lent money to the operation. Nicholson asked for questions in writing but did not respond to a list of 10 detailed questions about Veintemilla’s relationship to CTU, Intriago and Sanon.

Duverger, who Sanon had asked to become his economic adviser soon after meeting him, said that he began participating in the Zoom meetings in 2020 with Sanon with other influential Haitians that at times included government officials to discuss the country’s problems and ways to solve them.

“Half of those participating were Haitians living and working in Haiti, some of which were government employees. We counted with a gentleman that was part of the diplomatic corps in Haiti working at the United Nations, and another that was working in another country. They were good-caliber professionals,” he said.

The weekly meetings, organized by Sanon, usually lasted about two hours and kept a strict agenda and mainly focused on economic, social and development issues, he added. Those participating loosely called themselves “the Strategy Group.”"...

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/na...cas/haiti/article252838598.html#storylink=cpy

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The miniseries would cover all of the mis-direction. If the meat is discovered, so much the better.