RENTAL CARS SDQ

Are there any rental car agencies near Las Américas Airport that are like the ones in Sosúa (such as OK Motors) who rent decent cars at fair prices?
Rentals directly from the Airport have become ridiculously expensive, like almost $100 per day for even what would be considered a economy car like a Kia.

I know of ALL the great rental companies to use on the North Coast and in Santiago, but I'm totally unfamiliar with them in the Southeast Coast área. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Liberator

Luck is for the unprepared
Jan 23, 2021
Europe
You'll find them, right side of the exit, near to the visitors parking. Prices went up. However a Huyndai Tucson for US$ 80-90,- per day must be feasible

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
I know of ALL the great rental companies to use on the North Coast and in Santiago,

Aside from Nelly, do you know anyone in Santiago similar to OK Motors that you can recommend? The cars themselves are cheap, but the "walkaway insurance" prices are ridiculous. If anyone else has an idea I'm all ears. Literally. I have big ears.

Liberator

Luck is for the unprepared
Jan 23, 2021
Europe
take an uber to Boca Chica, you can get a half decent sedan for 30 usd / day
If you have no problem with:
- to be responsible for all damages
- you do not want assistance with problems when you're 'on the way'
- Accept unclear rental conditions
- ... and some other uncertain things

Then you should opt for the US$ 30. The offer is wide.

Do you (as a foreigner) want a little more security..... pay a little more and cover all risks (even if your credit card company says to cover the damage) You simply run into problems when driving damage or if you are involved have been in an accident (even if it is not your fault)

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
FWIW, the problem is everywhere. Basic sedans are going for 90-110 USD or more in the States. It's a combination of the pandemic sell-off rental companies used to stay afloat, the huge influx of pent-up tourism, and the shortage of computer chips for new cars.

Supply and demand on a epic level.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
For these prices or even a bit less you can hire a dependable car and driver who knows where he is going. People on this board know some of these guys and maybe can recommend one from SD.

Reactions: JD Jones

LTDan

Apr 29, 2021
SDQ
If you have no problem with:
- to be responsible for all damages
- you do not want assistance with problems when you're 'on the way'
- Accept unclear rental conditions
- ... and some other uncertain things

Then you should opt for the US$ 30. The offer is wide.

Do you (as a foreigner) want a little more security..... pay a little more and cover all risks (even if your credit card company says to cover the damage) You simply run into problems when driving damage or if you are involved have been in an accident (even if it is not your fault)
there's no guarantee that you won't have the same problems with a "so-called reputable" known car rental agency, but that aside he was asking for alternatives to expensive rates at SDQ and I gave him one; I haven't rented a car in 3 years, I use Uber

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
there's no guarantee that you won't have the same problems with a "so-called reputable" known car rental agency, but that aside he was asking for alternatives to expensive rates at SDQ and I gave him one; I haven't rented a car in 3 years, I use Uber

I've never rented a car in Boca Chica but I know one gringo who does. He has had no problems.