Government will insist that all are vaccinated

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Reading comprehension SKY...........start there.

Nowhere did I say the vaccines don't work..............I said............."If the vaccines actually worked to fully protect against Covid"

The vaccinations do not fully protect as there is lots of data indicating people who have been fully vaccinated have come down with Covid..........and some have even died.

90+ percent vaccinated in Altagracia........................give us all another laugh.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Fully protect?
Now you want 100% assurance on the vaccine?
I'd rather take a high percentage of not having serious complications than nothing.

I can fully guarantee though, that you will die and pay taxes even though you do your best trying to avoid it.

Reactions: Yes Alfredo

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Just what we are getting now. Getting the virus does not bother me. But being on a ventilator is not my cup of tea.................................Vaccines stop death, that is what counts................
So if vaccines stop death and you are vaccinated, why are you guys worried about the non vaccinated? Aren't you protected from death and severe illness?

Why you still fear death, you don't believe that the vaccines work? You took a jab that you don't believe in? 🤣

Jan 9, 2004
So if vaccines stop death and you are vaccinated, why are you guys worried about the non vaccinated? Aren't you protected from death and severe illness?

Why you still fear death, you don't believe that the vaccines work? You took a jab that you don't believe in? 🤣
Its their overwhelming social concern for your health.

Either that.......or they now realize that some of these vaccines they took are really more of a placebo and offer no better protection than using a mask or social distancing...........yet may carry unknown long term risk(s)...............Si No Vac anyone.

Truth be told...........misery loves company.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

Two strong variants of Covid-19 impact seven provinces​

The circulation of the variants of concern, so-called because there is evidence of an increase in transmissibility, cause more severe disease and impact on diagnosis and treatment, such as Gamma or Brazil and Alpha of the United Kingdom were identified in the provinces Valverde, La Vega, Sánchez Ramírez, Santo Domingo, San Cristóbal, Baoruco, and Barahona.

Do you see La Altagracia on the list? Or for that matter neither do you see another high vaccination area Puerto Plata on the list. But why let the facts get in the way with an opinion from afar.......................

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
From what I have read -
These variants are more transmissible but in mutating, they become less severe.

The article article above says more severe ..... not sure that's right

Reactions: jd426

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
For all those that waited and are beating down the path for the Pfizer shot:

Perhaps beating down the path to the Pfizer shot is because of this from that article.

The two-dose vaccine still works very well in preventing people from getting seriously sick, demonstrating 88% effectiveness against hospitalization and 91% effectiveness against severe illness, according to the Israeli data.

That is just a wild guess on my part. Vaccines are not about preventing all infections, a mistake even the senile PINO in my home country made recently, but preventing hospitalization or death.

All that said, I am sure there will be people beating down the path on the "New to be released AntiVariant" vaccines as soon as they come out.

I also wondered if there would be people who choose to go around the world getting every vaccine available like those super odd people that like to climb every high peak..

And I wonder when the two tiered society of vaxed V unvaxed will kick in here in the DR since: CV19 is here, there, and everywhere to stay. I really do expect that two tiered society soon because the DR government will insist that all are vaccinated, or something like that. Maybe, Or maybe just reopen since money talks.

• Haha
Reactions: Ian Lern

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
From what I have read -
These variants are more transmissible but in mutating, they become less severe.

The article article above says more severe ..... not sure that's right
It is true in general that mutations that are more transmissible tend to be less severe, but they can become more deadly as well. It is just that the odds are stacked on the less severe side. Time will tell. In this case, that amount of time is forever and ever.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

Texas has seen nearly 9,000 COVID-19 deaths since February. All but 43 were unvaccinated people.​

Preliminary data shows 99.5% of COVID-related deaths in Texas were among unvaccinated people, according to the Department of State Health Services.

by Colleen DeGuzman July 21, 2021 Updated: 20 hours ago

• Wow
Reactions: Ian Lern

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

Texas has seen nearly 9,000 COVID-19 deaths since February. All but 43 were unvaccinated people.​

Preliminary data shows 99.5% of COVID-related deaths in Texas were among unvaccinated people, according to the Department of State Health Services.

by Colleen DeGuzman July 21, 2021 Updated: 20 hours ago

OMG! What shall we do?

I know! Let's ask the millions of unvaxed and undead folks in Texas how they feel about it.

Reactions: jd426

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
200w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: AlterEgo and cavok

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Perhaps beating down the path to the Pfizer shot is because of this from that article.

That is just a wild guess on my part. Vaccines are not about preventing all infections, a mistake even the senile PINO in my home country made recently, but preventing hospitalization or death.

All that said, I am sure there will be people beating down the path on the "New to be released AntiVariant" vaccines as soon as they come out.

I also wondered if there would be people who choose to go around the world getting every vaccine available like those super odd people that like to climb every high peak..

And I wonder when the two tiered society of vaxed V unvaxed will kick in here in the DR since: CV19 is here, there, and everywhere to stay. I really do expect that two tiered society soon because the DR government will insist that all are vaccinated, or something like that. Maybe, Or maybe just reopen since money talks.
Nah, that article just came out yesterday and doesn't everybody know by now that all of the vaccines, including Sinovac, are very effective in preventing hospitalization and death?