Travel back to Canada after July 5 2021

MGD

Jan 3, 2021
Toronto
We arrived by land July 10. Arrivecan had Sinovac as an opiton for vaccination. after a few phone calls we received an email exempting us from Quarantine due to the Sinova vaccinaton being accepted.
How can you receive an exemption for something that does not exist?
There is no quarantine for land crossing.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Because Sinovac is not an accepted option in Canada...

Vaccinated arrivals need not quarantine.... approved vaccines only
But this poster managed it w/ Sinovac -- not yet approved in Canada

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
We arrived by land July 10. Arrivecan had Sinovac as an opiton for vaccination. after a few phone calls we received an email exempting us from Quarantine due to the Sinova vaccinaton being accepted.
Basically you are claiming Dipolmatic status. Impossible , Sinovac is not an approved vaccine in canada. If you were to inform yourself a little , just a little. You would understand the background story on Sinovac and the UPROAR it would cause if they accepted it. Thus far from what I have read and researched, mainly the carribean islands and some latin countries are flooded with Sinovac, possibily sprinklings in africa , but Russia has that area covered. SO, No hard to believe you got a call and you got an exemption. What did they say and who called you?

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
I’m also interested in this. My in laws have Sinovac and to my knowledge they are not allowed entry because of that.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
In addition to having a double dose of an approved vaccine, the real PCR test seems to be the biggest hurdle for those leaving the DR wishing to enter Canada. Still lots of labs offering what they call PCR tests in this country that may or may not be sufficient to meet the requirements. Still lots of confusion as to where to have this Covid testing done and it is a bit late to adjust when standing at the counter in an airport or in line at immigration in Canada and someone says "wrong test".
I have three friends that have returned to Canada with zero issues after getting the PCR test from the lab next to Western Union in Sosua,they received their results in a few hours.

Feb 15, 2006
www.villasmarlena.com
Basically you are claiming Dipolmatic status. Impossible , Sinovac is not an approved vaccine in canada. If you were to inform yourself a little , just a little. You would understand the background story on Sinovac and the UPROAR it would cause if they accepted it. Thus far from what I have read and researched, mainly the carribean islands and some latin countries are flooded with Sinovac, possibily sprinklings in africa , but Russia has that area covered. SO, No hard to believe you got a call and you got an exemption. What did they say and who called you?
Well 3 OF US GOT EXEMPTION DUE TO OUR VACCINATION.... so you can inform YOURSELF. You can believe what you want. We called they double check my Arrivecan and I got an email stating EXEMPTION... day 8 passed, not call, no visit no second test as we were EXEMPT... So instead of writing about something you know nothing about how about listening. THEY DID not call me I CALLED THEM.. so believe what you want. my facts are my facts

Feb 15, 2006
www.villasmarlena.com
Well 3 OF US GOT EXEMPTION DUE TO OUR VACCINATION.... so you can inform YOURSELF. You can believe what you want. We called they double check my Arrivecan and I got an email stating EXEMPTION... day 8 passed, not call, no visit no second test as we were EXEMPT... So instead of writing about something you know nothing about how about listening. THEY DID not call me I CALLED THEM.. so believe what you want. my facts are my facts
Canada Border Services Agency / Agence des services frontaliers du Canada
Ottawa, Ontario

Canada

K1A 0L8

Website : www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca / Site web: www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca

Toll free (Canada and the U.S.A) : 1-800-461-9999 / Sans frais (Canada et États-Unis) : 1-800-461-9999

International (charges apply) : 1-204-983-3500 / 1-506-636-5064 / International (frais applicables) : 1-204-983-3500 / 1-506-636-5064

TTY (for hearing impaired) : 1-866-335-3237 / ATS (pour les malentendants) : 1-866-335-3237

cid:image002.png@01D697E7.FCE3DEC0

That's who the email came grom. we called this agency to receive the email

Feb 15, 2006
www.villasmarlena.com
Please do and thanks in advance
There's the number we called. explained our situation, he said he would check and get back to us within 24 hours as we had already passed through the borer. within 6 hours we had the expemt emails. They sent 3 separate emails for each of us

Canada Border Services Agency / Agence des services frontaliers du Canada
Ottawa, Ontario

Canada

K1A 0L8

Website : www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca / Site web: www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca

Toll free (Canada and the U.S.A) : 1-800-461-9999 / Sans frais (Canada et États-Unis) : 1-800-461-9999

International (charges apply) : 1-204-983-3500 / 1-506-636-5064 / International (frais applicables) : 1-204-983-3500 / 1-506-636-5064

TTY (for hearing impaired) : 1-866-335-3237 / ATS (pour les malentendants) : 1-866-335-3237

cid:image002.png@01D697E7.FCE3DEC0

That's who the email came grom. we called this agency to receive the email

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
When you fill out ArriveCan it's on of the vaccinations listed on there. fill it out with all of the details, make sure you have an approved translation and you should be fine.
Thank you for the reply. They are Dominicans with visitor visas, both have 2 doses of Sinovac.
I find it interesting that the website clearly states only Moderna, Pfizer, and Astra-Zeneca are accepted.
I will maybe try and call CBSA and ask some questions. Most likely pointless but I’d hate to drop the return flight money just have them sent back home.

Reactions: sylviamcginnis

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Thank you for the reply. They are Dominicans with visitor visas, both have 2 doses of Sinovac.
I find it interesting that the website clearly states only Moderna, Pfizer, and Astra-Zeneca are accepted.
I will maybe try and call CBSA and ask some questions. Most likely pointless but I’d hate to drop the return flight money just have them sent back home.
Called and got through to a very snarky and impatient woman with a heavy French accent. Which was fine, I can be snarky and impatient too. I explained that my in laws have visitor visas and we would like to them to visit. She kept telling me to look on the website, which I had open in front of me. She insisted that 10 vaccines were approved, but I insisted that only 4 are listed at present. (The 3 above + Johnson &Johnson).
“The website is being updated to include more”.
“Okay great, when will the new list be available?”
“I don’t know”.
“Can you please understand that this is important information that I need access to before making important decisions?”
“What is the vaccine?”
“Sinovac”.
“No, that is not accepted”.

MGD

Jan 3, 2021
Toronto
Called and got through to a very snarky and impatient woman with a heavy French accent. Which was fine, I can be snarky and impatient too. I explained that my in laws have visitor visas and we would like to them to visit. She kept telling me to look on the website, which I had open in front of me. She insisted that 10 vaccines were approved, but I insisted that only 4 are listed at present. (The 3 above + Johnson &Johnson).
“The website is being updated to include more”.
“Okay great, when will the new list be available?”
“I don’t know”.
“Can you please understand that this is important information that I need access to before making important decisions?”
“What is the vaccine?”
“Sinovac”.
“No, that is not accepted”.
It is not possible that there are 10 vaccines approved.
The WHO has only approved 7, and that includes Sinovac and Sinopharm.
2 Astrazenica, Pfizer, Moderna, and JnJ are the others.

Reactions: Auryn

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
It is not possible that there are 10 vaccines approved.
The WHO has only approved 7, and that includes Sinovac and Sinopharm.
2 Astrazenica, Pfizer, Moderna, and JnJ are the others.
That’s what I thought. The snarky French Canadian CBSA agent was insistent. I plan to check the website tomorrow and see if it’s updated.
If Sinovac isn’t on the list, my in laws cannot visit.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
If Sinovac isn’t on the list, my in laws cannot visit.

Your in laws may not be able to visit even with an accepted vaccine. With only visitor visas they may not qualify for entry as international visitors until September. I believe right now entry for people with an exemption, Canadians and Perm. residents. Americans with vaccines in August and others in Sept. as long as the case count remains low.

Reactions: AlaPlaya and scotia