Government will insist that all are vaccinated

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Nah, that article just came out yesterday and doesn't everybody know by now that all of the vaccines, including Sinovac, are very effective in preventing hospitalization and death?
You would never know reading some of the posts here.............................

Reactions: Yes Alfredo

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
It is true in general that mutations that are more transmissible tend to be less severe, but they can become more deadly as well. It is just that the odds are stacked on the less severe side. Time will tell. In this case, that amount of time is forever and ever.
I hope so, but I wouldn't count on the virus to become less severe anytime soon. In the 1918 pandemic, 1/3 of the world's population became infected and 50 million are estimated to have died. CV19 has a long way to go before it gets anywhere close to that. It could become more severe. flu viruses do that all the time. Some years the are very virulent and deadly strains of flu in circulation.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002

Texas has seen nearly 9,000 COVID-19 deaths since February. All but 43 were unvaccinated people.​

Preliminary data shows 99.5% of COVID-related deaths in Texas were among unvaccinated people, according to the Department of State Health Services.

by Colleen DeGuzman July 21, 2021 Updated: 20 hours ago

Unless I missed it, I wish the article would state how many of those unvaxxed died due to underlying health issues.

It does so for the 43 vaxxed which states 75% had serious health issues. I think having all stats would be helpful.

Vaccinations may go up now in DR since Pfizer is available. Well, at least that is some of the thought process.

Reactions: cavok

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Unless I missed it, I wish the article would state how many of those unvaxxed died due to underlying health issues.

It does so for the 43 vaxxed which states 75% had serious health issues. I think having all stats would be helpful.

Vaccinations may go up now in DR since Pfizer is available. Well, at least that is some of the thought process.
I read an article that said the overwhelming majority of those dying from CV19(both vaxxed and not) were over 50 and I'd be will to bet that the overwhelming majority of those unvaxxed were obese and had other health issues. They don't want to tell you that because that would make younger, healthy individuals even less likely to take the vaccine.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Perhaps beating down the path to the Pfizer shot is because of this from that article.
That article could actually have the opposite effect, especially if there are more reports like that. There are way too many people that are obsessed with efficacy numbers and don't look beyond them or even really understand what they mean. Some could look at 39% efficacy and say - "What's the point? I'm going to wait for the new, improved one."

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
This Topic of "To Vaccinate or Not To Vaccinate" , not just here on DR1.. but pretty much Everywhere .. Is a Classic Example of PICKING your SIDE and Sticking to your Narrative, no matter WHAT . no matter what New " Science" comes up with .. Or what Old Science has Proven over and over .

No Research done other than Mr Google, and ONLY post it when it supports your Narrative .
Notice , not a single person has changed their Minds ..
Show of hands if anyone HAS ?

The old saying its easier to FOOL someone , than to convince them they have been FOOLED applies so Perfectly here ..

my Apologies to Mods , not directing this at anyone specifically..

• Sad
Reactions: Yes Alfredo
Jan 9, 2004
That article could actually have the opposite effect, especially if there are more reports like that. There are way too many people that are obsessed with efficacy numbers and don't look beyond them or even really understand what they mean. Some could look at 39% efficacy and say - "What's the point? I'm going to wait for the new, improved one."

Exactly.

And that "some" figure is likely in the billions.........if you look at the small % of world population fully vaccinated.

And that does beg the question for the DR and many other countries, is two doses of Si No Vac considered fully vaccinated..............or 3 or 4 or....................?

And is it possible to be over vaccinated?

And is mixing vaccines a wise move?

Questions not without answers but with multiple contradictory answers...............and therein lies the main problem.

Which of course is why so many still remain skeptical.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

These efficacy numbers are pure BS.... you cannot compare ANY of them

All were done at different times, on different populations and in different circumstances.
Pfizer & Moderna were early in the pandemic..... less activity
J&J came later in a surge and scored lower.... Obv

The important info is that ALL score well in alleviating severe cases....Incl our own Sinovac

A useless discussion..... classic apples to oranges

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
This is a good way to deal with CovidFools..............Find another job............

Rick Dennison out as Minnesota Vikings assistant after refusing COVID-19 vaccine, sources say​

And one more .

NFL to fine unvaccinated players $14,650 for any violation of COVID-19 protocol​

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
This is a good way to deal with CovidFools..............Find another job............

Rick Dennison out as Minnesota Vikings assistant after refusing COVID-19 vaccine, sources say​

And one more .

NFL to fine unvaccinated players $14,650 for any violation of COVID-19 protocol​

Well, there goes my 2nd career as an NFL coach.

Thanks Capn Vax! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: jd426

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
And that does beg the question for the DR and many other countries, is two doses of Si No Vac considered fully vaccinated..............or 3 or 4 or....................?
Same question for any other country or any other vaccine - how many doses will be considered fully vaccinated?

Jan 9, 2004
Same question for any other country or any other vaccine - how many doses will be considered fully vaccinated?

Depends on the vaccine and the country or region.

Si No Vac gets you nowhere in the EU with regard to their so called healthcare passport……no matter how many times you have received it.

The DR is already on number three mix and match….is that “fully vaccinated.”

Respectfuly,
Playacaribe2

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Depends on the vaccine and the country or region.

Si No Vac gets you nowhere in the EU with regard to their so called healthcare passport……no matter how many times you have received it.

The DR is already on number three mix and match….is that “fully vaccinated.”

Respectfuly,
Playacaribe2
There are a lot of countries recommending mixing vaccines, but I have no plans on treating them like a Whitman's sampler box.

I have no plans on going to Europe, so that makes no difference to me either.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
This Topic of "To Vaccinate or Not To Vaccinate" , not just here on DR1.. but pretty much Everywhere .. Is a Classic Example of PICKING your SIDE and Sticking to your Narrative, no matter WHAT . no matter what New " Science" comes up with .. Or what Old Science has Proven over and over .

No Research done other than Mr Google, and ONLY post it when it supports your Narrative .
Notice , not a single person has changed their Minds ..
Show of hands if anyone HAS ?

The old saying its easier to FOOL someone , than to convince them they have been FOOLED applies so Perfectly here ..

my Apologies to Mods , not directing this at anyone specifically..
Although they make no reference to people being overweight, unhealthy diets and the lot...
here are some Interesting facts about unhealthy Dominicans.

Diabetes and high blood pressure are the second cause of treatment and diagnosis in the emergency area in the country’s clinics and hospitals.

Hypertensives and diabetics account for most Covid-19 fatalities

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
It's too politically incorrect to point out that a lot of fat people are dying from CV19, but that is the case:

More specifically those with VISCERAL FAT .. Their Lung Capacity was compromised before they got Covid..
Covid is extremely dangerous to these types .

I am convinced that had I not just lost over 50 Lbs on a Keto Diet , just before catching Covid in Late March of 2020 , I would have been Toast .
Got Lucky I guess.
I gained some back since then . but am No where near the 300# mark any longer .
But yes most definitely , anyone who has Hypertension , Overweight, Diabetes , and sometimes those 3 go together '
These Folks are in the Very high Risk Group for sure .

Reactions: JD Jones

OwnRules

Dec 26, 2002
twitter.com
Doctor out of the Philippines shares X-rays of four patients infected with Covid - three out of the four were fully vaccinated with jabs from three different manufacturers. All three, Sinovac, Pfizer, and AZ kept patients safe from acute infection while the unvaccinated patient developed severe symptoms. Although anecdotal evidence by itself her findings track with all available scientific evidence to date - with the added benefit of the stark visual illustration.

Moral of the story: vaccines work...but only if you take them.

'Vaccines work': Physician shows how COVID-19 shots offer protection

“Yes you can still get COVID-19 even if you’re fully vaccinated but most are mild. You will be more protected and reduce the possibility of becoming severe/placed in an ICU. #vaccineswork,” Gabriel-Chan said.

The physician stressed that no vaccine is “superior to the other.”

“Remember that these patients had different vaccine platforms and brands but all of them had mild to almost no symptoms at all,” she added.

All of them have served its purpose — prevent severe infection. So instead of team Pfizer vs. team Sinovac — let our mindset be: whether vaccinated or not! So whichever will be available on your vaccination day, [please] get protected before another surge comes up! Delta variant or not, this is still one of the most effective protection we can have!”

MOCwvzBr

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
  • Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro