Upscale Restaurant in SD

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
$100 to $150 at least. 10th is my special number so I want make a once in lifetime worth for my wife

Not sure that would provide such special moment with the prices at places the ones mentioned by some others. Pepperoni, La Cuisine, Turu, etc, these are very expensive places even for just a dinner for two.

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
Besides the recommendations already provided I would also suggest "Los Argentinos" in Ave Sarasota. Very good quality!

Other place within your budget and also good quality and location is Franco Restaurant in Ave Enrriquillo.

Last but not least is Boga Boga.

Happy anniversary BTW

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I like the penthouse condo plan. Nice little getaway for your anniversary. Have a wonderful time.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
I've reserved a restaurant table and also rented a penthouse condo (airbnb) for 2 nights and lucky it's walkable to the fancy upscale restaurant so I'm looking forward to that special weekend to celebrate my 10thn wedding anniversary w/ my wife.

I was prepared to offer my advice...
When it comes to searching out a romantic, fancy and upscale restaurant for a tenth wedding anniversary, listen to the ladies.
It isn't always about the cut of meat or the size of the steak.
While size definitely matters, romance needs ambiance.
Alas, I see am too late with my advice.
You have already reserved your table but...
Where????
Don't leave us hanging.
Enquiring minds want to know.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Never understood the prohibition against elbows on the table. That was one of my mom's pet peeves and it drove me nuts.

lol.
I feel your pain.
It was my dad who couldn't abide the elbows on the table.
I never really understood where the heck to put my elbows if not on the table.
Try it...
It's not easy.
Ah yes.
Pet peeves.
Let's start a thread about pet peeves.
That could be good for some laughs and even some reminiscences.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Never understood the prohibition against elbows on the table. That was one of my mom's pet peeves and it drove me nuts.
I hear ya. But for most who make reservations for a special occasion there is nothing worse than sitting next to an inconsiderate slouch yaking on their cell phone slurping food down while wearing flip flops. All come under the etiquette category. How an individual handles his cutlery and interacts in a fine dining situation is a sure way to determine his education and social status. Happy anniversary !!

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I hear ya. But for most who make reservations for a special occasion there is nothing worse than sitting next to an inconsiderate slouch yaking on their cell phone slurping food down while wearing flip flops. All come under the etiquette category. How an individual handles his cutlery and interacts in a fine dining situation is a sure way to determine his education and social status. Happy anniversary !!

Sorry, but I can't make the leap from cell phone yakking and flip flops to elbows on the table. I looked it up and it's some rule from long ago that no longer makes sense.

We do it this way because we do it this way has never and will never fly for me. To each their own.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I've reserved a restaurant table and also rented a penthouse condo (airbnb) for 2 nights and lucky it's walkable to the fancy upscale restaurant so I'm looking forward to that special weekend to celebrate my 10thn wedding anniversary w/ my wife.
Where did you choose? Just out of interest.

Reactions: keepcoming

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
lol.
I feel your pain.
It was my dad who couldn't abide the elbows on the table.
I never really understood where the heck to put my elbows if not on the table.
Try it...
It's not easy.
Ah yes.
Pet peeves.
Let's start a thread about pet peeves.
That could be good for some laughs and even some reminiscences.
It must be good, many politicians go there.

Nobody has mentioned Victoria, by Porterhouse. I haven't been there since they moved, but they always had great steaks.
I think Don Pépé is very good. The menu is mainly spanish/french with some dominicans influences. I like their winelist as well. But I have only been there five or six times and the last occasion was in 2014. So things might have been changed.