Vaccinations surpass 50% in 10 provinces

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Centros-de-vacunacion-con-telefono-Ministerio-de-Salud.png

Ten of 32 Dominican provinces and the National District have fully vaccinated more than 50% of their population for Covid-19 as of Ministry of Public Health stats for 21 July 2021.

Provinces leading in population with two full Covid-19 vaccine doses:La Altagracia (Punta Cana, Higuey and Veron) 76%Espaillat (Moca) 58.5%Puerto Plata (Sosua and Cabarete) 54%Independencia 53.3%San Pedro de Macoris 52.3Greater Santo Domingo (National District, Santo Domingo) 52.2%Barahona 51.1%Dajabón 40.7%Sánchez Ramírez (Cotuí) 50.4%La Romana 50.3%

The bottom provinces with the least fully vaccinated population are:Hermanas Mirabal 43.9%Santiago 42.5%El Seibo 42%Elias Piña 40.1%Monseñor Nouel (Bonao) 39%

The health authorities are contemplating removing curfew in provinces where 70% of the population is fully vaccinated. La Altagracia province already has met this...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SD Este

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The Dominican Republic has handled vaccines as well as any country.

The only question is when will the posters in here pipe in to tell you that the figures are wrong.....................

Last edited by a moderator:

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
OK - I have had the vaccine (2 SinoVac) No reaction that I could determine. But plenty of people are skeptical and there have been thousands of cases of severe reactions.
The CDC deleted the reactions reporting page of at least 5,000 entries. But here is a compilation of videos of some of the most adverse reactions.
I think when people see this they have good reason for being apprehensive and should not be mocked as anti-vaxers - Your body, your choice - remember that phrase. Government should not tell you what to do with your body. Make your own informed decision.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
OK - I have had the vaccine (2 SinoVac) No reaction that I could determine. But plenty of people are skeptical and there have been thousands of cases of severe reactions.
The CDC deleted the reactions reporting page of at least 5,000 entries. But here is a compilation of videos of some of the most adverse reactions.
I think when people see this they have good reason for being apprehensive and should not be mocked as anti-vaxers - Your body, your choice - remember that phrase. Government should not tell you what to do with your body. Make your own informed decision.

Maybe they should show videos of people that died of Covid-19 under terrifying circumstances...

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Thank God that science has produced such wonderful vaccines that have eliminated entirely ,or nearly so, such problems as mumps,measles,whooping cough, polio, leprosy,diphtheria,typhoid,cholera and numerous tropical diseases and that the deathly outbreaks have been contained. With many of the vaccines some people have a reaction of varying descriptions but imagine the world if these vaccines had not been so widely taken up . With the Covid 19 vaccines, there will be also some people who have a reaction but this is a small price to pay for the increased safety from this horrid virus.

Jan 9, 2004
Thank God that science has produced such wonderful vaccines that have eliminated entirely ,or nearly so, such problems as mumps,measles,whooping cough, polio, leprosy,diphtheria,typhoid,cholera and numerous tropical diseases and that the deathly outbreaks have been contained. With many of the vaccines some people have a reaction of varying descriptions but imagine the world if these vaccines had not been so widely taken up .
In all fairness, you are comparing vaccines that went through a long and rigorous development and testing process before being approved for use.

In contrast, you have the Covid vaccines that were developed and not rigorously tested over a much shorter time span. But the most compelling difference, and perhaps the reason for so much vaccine reluctance, is that none of the vaccines to date have been fully approved.

No matter how many restrictions are placed on individuals, you will not likely get vaccination levels to the percentages governments are comfortable with, unless and until full approval is given.

With the Covid 19 vaccines, there will be also some people who have a reaction but this is a small price to pay for the increased safety from this horrid virus.
If that is the perceived price some are willing to pay for vaccination................that is their choice (but don't forget death is not a small price for those who took the vaccine and died)

For those at this point who are willing to wait, and yes even die as well if they contract Covid, that is their price and their choice.

As to the current numbers of those allegedly vaccinated in each province..................we have seen those numbers before...........except three weeks ago we were told it was 99.9% in Altagracia...............today it is supposedly 76%.

Given the demographics of the DR, with approximately 28% of the population under age 14 and not yet eligible to even be vaccinated...............lets just say.............both of those figures are suspect.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It was a major error all over the world to start w/ the old

The young are far more active & mobile.... better spreaders.

The initial emphasis was to save lives.
Notice now how it has shifted to preventing the spread.

Many countries admit this misjudgement

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The Dominican Republic has handled vaccines as well as any country.

The only question is when will the posters in here pipe in to tell you that the figures are wrong.....................
Those figures? Hmmm . Yep, in my opinion they are ...

And the President of the DR said we will have to learn to live with it (CV19).

And move on.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Quote from Playa: As to the current numbers of those vaccinated in each province..................we have seen those numbers before...........except three weeks ago we were told it was 99.9% in Altagracia...............today it is supposedly 76%.

The 99% was NOT for the Province of Altagracia, but for the tourist area of Bavaro and Punta Cana, which included thousands of tourists that were vaccinated at the PC airport which made the number look very high The population in Bavaro and PC is minute to Higuey. Higuey has a much larger population than Bavaro and PC was left out of that figure. That is why the 76% is an accurate figure........................................

For the mathematically challenged, vaccinated tourists were added to the small population in Bavaro and PC so the number can actually be more than 100% due to several thousand tourists added in.....................

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Quote from Playa: As to the current numbers of those vaccinated in each province..................we have seen those numbers before...........except three weeks ago we were told it was 99.9% in Altagracia...............today it is supposedly 76%.

The 99% was NOT for the Province of Altagracia, but for the tourist area of Bavaro and Punta Cana, which included thousands of tourists that were vaccinated at the PC airport which made the number look very high The population in Bavaro and PC is minute to Higuey. Higuey has a much larger population than Bavaro and PC was left out of that figure. That is why the 76% is an accurate figure........................................

For simplicity the vaccinated tourists were added to the small population in Bavaro and PC so the number can actually be more than 100% due to several thousand tourists added in.....................
Love the simplicity argument. My simplistic argument is that the numbers are wrong.

Estimates I can see have Altagracia province with a population of around 300,000 people. The criteria of 70% or better to reopen is for the entire province, not just the small number of people who live in Bavaro and Punta Cana. In my opinion, they used the numbers just in Bavaro and Punta Cana to reopen the entire province.

Jan 9, 2004

The article you referenced said Altagracia province....not just Bavaro/Punts Cana.

Thousands of tourists vaccinated at the PC airport.................lol.
For the mathematically challenged, vaccinated tourists were added to the small population in Bavaro and PC so the number can actually be more than 100% due to several thousand tourists added in.....................
Now that is some serious fun with numbers nonsense.

Thousands of tourists got vaccinated in a foreign country taking a vaccine that they may know nothing about or that is even recognized in their home country..........yes, of course they did.

Perhaps you were referring to the testing procedure....................nice try though.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
PC2, Thanks for pointing out the silliness of tourists getting Sinovac and causing the wrong numbers. I missed that little detail.

Now back to the vaccinations never really hitting 70% but curfews being dropped anyway.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The article you referenced said Altagracia province....not just Bavaro/Punts Cana.

Thousands of tourists vaccinated at the PC airport.................lol.

Now that is some serious fun with numbers nonsense.

Thousands of tourists got vaccinated in a foreign country taking a vaccine that they may know nothing about or that is even recognized in their home country..........yes, of course they did.

Perhaps you were referring to the testing procedure....................nice try though.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
There is not one thing you said that is true. I referenced the DR Govt. stating that it was Bavaro and PC at the high percentage not any article that you claim.

Second the DR Govt. also stated EXACTLY what I said about thousands of tourists being vaccinated at the airport and bing counted in.

Now you always come back with self made opinions with no source at all. Also I remember well WW stating the same thing about the tourists being vacinnated. Maybe he remembers. But anyway keep posting opinions that everything the DR Govt. says is untrue and everything a guy living in another country is..................Done here. Carry on..........

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
This is the official DR Govt. site for all vaccinations . So I guess this site has no clue, all the information that is correct comes from the "Experts" living elsewhere..............................

Jan 9, 2004
There is not one thing you said that is true. I referenced the DR Govt. stating that it was Bavaro and PC at the high percentage not any article that you claim.

Really.

Here is the article;

And your posted response does not reference Bavaro/Punta Cana...............but Altagracia province......

You mentioned Altagracia twice..............here is one quote........."La Altagracia province leads in percentage of persons..................."
Second the DR Govt. also stated EXACTLY what I said about thousands of tourists being vaccinated at the airport and bing counted in.

Now you always come back with self made opinions with no source at all. Also I remember well WW stating the same thing about the tourists being vacinnated. Maybe he remembers. But anyway keep posting opinions that everything the DR Govt. says is untrue and everything a guy living in another country is..................Done here. Carry on..........
I await some reference to the DR government saying EXACTLY what you said.........because then both you and the government are dreaming as Windeguy suggested in "Technicolor."

Again, nice try.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: NanSanPedro
Jan 9, 2004
I stand by what I said. La Altagraciais 76%. Bavaro and PC are 99%. I am not interested in the article you posted..............
Why not?

You were certainly interested in the article as you were post #3 in the thread when the article came out.............now you are not interested?.

And if you stand by what you said...................you said Altagracia province.........not once but twice. Not one mention of Bavaro/PC.

Not sure who has the worst track record on these vaccination rates...........you or the government or both of you.

Carry on.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: windeguy

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
The vaccines used in the DR have all been approved by the WHO ,the EU and a host of other countries which makes them on the same playing field as all the vaccines that were so successfully used against former horrible diseases. But I really do not care much about arguing whether one province has 50 or 70% or whether a person arguing against the vaccine. The authorities here in the DR have done a wonderful job of providing the vaccine in a huge number of different locations and have also promoted the vaccine, the masks and the social distancing extremely well.