American Locked Up In CCR-17

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Is it that he thinks your girlfriend has been coerced into alleging that she has the mental health problems to cover up for the fact that you did this?
A lot of these women do have mental health problems.
Perhaps now would be a good time to have her checked out.
Ever seen what happens when one of these sweeties goes feral?

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
A lot of these women do have mental health problems.
Perhaps now would be a good time to have her checked out.
Ever seen what happens when one of these sweeties goes feral?

Goodness, this thread is really exposing some of the horrible underlying attitudes some guys on here have towards Dominican women. It's horrible to describe a woman as "going feral" and to advise "having her checked out" like you would a broken down car.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Goodness, this thread is really exposing some of the horrible underlying attitudes some guys on here have towards Dominican women. It's horrible to describe a woman as "going feral" and to advise "having her checked out" like you would a broken down car.
The truth hurts. Ever watch any videos of "girl fights" in the DR on youtube? Not limited to Sosua of course, but there is no shortage of women who have a razor tucked away.
I do agree with your opinion on having them checked out.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Ever stop to think that regardless of the less than complementary terms that there is some truth being spoken. Checked out- medically examined, Feral - totally loosing control

Reactions: jd426

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Ever stop to think that regardless of the less than complementary terms that there is some truth being spoken. Checked out- medically examined, Feral - totally loosing control

It's just the inference that Dominican women all fall into this "chapiadora" category and are only useful for one thing that I don't like. And this subhumanising language about going feral and having them checked out, like you would do a dog. Sure there are prostitutes, male and female, but we also have those in New York and London. And there are plenty of ugly men who are pulling women and men who specifically come to DR because they can flash a few dollars and attract poor pretty people who they couldn't otherwise get to glance at them in their own country.

Reactions: Africaida

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Wow!
Like a broken down car eh?
I'll be brief.
You can rest assured if what I'm driving happens to break down
after a good tune-up, I've no problem trading it in for a newer
model with less mileage.
Love or leave it, we live in a country where more than half these
"women" (aged 18 to 30) will sleep with a man for a new iPhone.
Not sure how or where you were raised but where I come from
that sh*t ain't normal.
And we won't even get into how promiscuous they are which leads
to all types of problems in a normal functioning relationship.
Nothing to see here people (comes with more luggage
than we can accommodate)....so please keep it moving.
I know the truth hurts but you've picked the wrong thread to
display your moral moral grandstanding 🤣🤣🤣

OP should be presumed innocent until proven guilty regardless
of what you or anyone else thinks about women being abused.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Wow!
Like a broken down car eh?
I'll be brief.
You can rest assured if what I'm driving happens to break down
after a good tune-up, I've no problem trading it in for a newer
model with less mileage.
Love or leave it, we live in a country where more than half these
"women" (aged 18 to 30) will sleep with a man for a new iPhone.
Not sure how or where you were raised but where I come from
that sh*t ain't normal.
And we won't even get into how promiscuous they are which leads
to all types of problems in a normal functioning relationship.
Nothing to see here people (comes with more luggage
than we can accommodate)....so please keep it moving.
I know the truth hurts but you've picked the wrong thread to
display your moral moral grandstanding 🤣🤣🤣

OP should be presumed innocent until proven guilty regardless
of what you or anyone else thinks about women being abused.

Let's just agree to differ. I have PM'd the OP and given him a contact that I hope will help him. I wish him well and hope that he gets a fair trial.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
If the lad moves to another part of the island and changes his phone number this will resolve itself. Give her some cash and move on. Dollars to donuts says if you slam 500 U.S on the the table and say you will give her 500 more when it has been satisfactorily adjudicated this nightmare will end.

Reactions: jd426

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If the lad moves to another part of the island and changes his phone number this will resolve itself. Give her some cash and move on. Dollars to donuts says if you slam 500 U.S on the the table and say you will give her 500 more when it has been satisfactorily adjudicated this nightmare will end.
I didn't go back through the thread to see if something changed, but was the fellow not locked in CCR-17?

Movement to another part of the island seems unlikely until he pays for his get out of jail card.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Highly unlikely that he is anywhere near Najayo Mens prison either. But if he is,then he is indeed very lucky that he has internet and somewhere to charge his battery for his phone and that he is so different and important that he is dealing with the Secretary of the Ministry and not the Fiscal that prosecuted him and allegedly proceeded with the hearing even though he had financial means to avoid it . After withdrawing the complaint his girl could have easily appeared for him at his committal I have been involved with numerous court cases when I have posted bail or have paid the fiscal or plaintiff and I have never ever hear of dollars being mentioned. If he is in detention for the normal three month period it is highly unlikely that his case will be heard within 6 months or a year ,at present The Dominican Government says that 60% of all inmates have not been sentenced. Amnesty puts the figure at almost 80% .

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Highly unlikely that he is anywhere near Najayo Mens prison either. But if he is,then he is indeed very lucky that he has internet and somewhere to charge his battery for his phone and that he is so different and important that he is dealing with the Secretary of the Ministry and not the Fiscal that prosecuted him and allegedly proceeded with the hearing even though he had financial means to avoid it . After withdrawing the complaint his girl could have easily appeared for him at his committal I have been involved with numerous court cases when I have posted bail or have paid the fiscal or plaintiff and I have never ever hear of dollars being mentioned. If he is in detention for the normal three month period it is highly unlikely that his case will be heard within 6 months or a year ,at present The Dominican Government says that 60% of all inmates have not been sentenced. Amnesty puts the figure at almost 80% .

I am just wondering if he would be allowed to have a cellphone if he was a foreign national on preventiva? He hasn't been charged yet and is only being held as they consider him a flight risk. This may explain the internet access.

He says that the girlfriend did appear at the committal and she has withdrawn her complaint but the Judge said if she did this then she would be sent to prison.

I do agree that 3 months is unlikely and may well turn into considerably more.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
To the OP. IMO....Do Not Contact anyone on this board if you have an uneasy feeling about it possibly being a Trojan horse. I hope you get what I am saying. As said at least twice before, the truth hurts.

Reactions: Rattus_Rattus

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
To the OP. IMO....Do Not Contact anyone on this board if you have an uneasy feeling about it possibly being a Trojan horse. I hope you get what I am saying. As said at least twice before, the truth hurts.

What are you trying to say or infer here?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Types of Forum Posters - Feel free to add your own definitions

Internet Warriors – Where defeat is not an option.

Motor Mouths – Non-stop postings (In same thread, multiple threads, member of multiple media sites.

Xerox Posters – Did I tell you that ………

Einstein Scholars – Posting the “Truth, nothing but the Truth”.

Lazy Posters – Where can I buy a bottle of beer, rice, etc.

Jack of all Trades – Trust me, I know everything.

un-huh smiley.jpg

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I would think pre emptive prison would be the last route... I wasn't offered bail, ankle bracelet, etc.
You're at flight risk, accused of violence against women. The judge made the right decision within the circumstances he was presented with at the moment of the arraignment. No one wants to be THAT one who easily set free someone who ended up either fleeing the country or harming the victim, as this has happened before.

Locals get preventiva all the time for stuff like this, but it seems you expected some sort of special treatment just for being a U.S. citizen.

Arraingments are not about being guilty, and the person doesn't need to be held for three months. Some People get bail with a "revision". The problem might be that you dont have "arraigo" in the D.R. , no businesses, no other relatives?, no home, apart from the place you shared with your gf. Is that correct?
It doesn't matter if your gf changed ther mind, as she has already set the case in motion and it's a matter of "public action"now. Also many women are coerced into dropping the cases, so they're careful with that.
As Long as the prosecution has some evidence, they can push the case.
Also if the prosecutor runs out of evidence to sutain a trial, they will drop it. Unfortunately, sometimes they wait the three full months or ask for 3 more months to investigate more.
A good lawyer can help you. You dont need to para anyone.
Watch out with people who approach you asking you for money saying it's to pay the judge. This is for themselves!

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
It's just the inference that Dominican women all fall into this "chapiadora" category and are only useful for one thing that I don't like. And this subhumanising language about going feral and having them checked out, like you would do a dog. Sure there are prostitutes, male and female, but we also have those in New York and London. And there are plenty of ugly men who are pulling women and men who specifically come to DR because they can flash a few dollars and attract poor pretty people who they couldn't otherwise get to glance at them in their own country.
I agree they are not all that way, but there are so many married or commited women who are not faithful and the majority are not cheating with extranjeros, but with their Dominican boss or neighbor after a few rums at the colmado it is off to the cabanas. Faithfulness seems to be a term differentiated here from other countries.
And that may be why the DR has such a seemingly high rate of femicidas.
It's not unlike honor killings in other countries where male members turn on their own for insulting the family. It is wrong but it is to try and cover their own shame or inadequacies.
I have 2 male neighbors looking for real women to have real committed relationships with, and even when they find what they think is an honest girl with a real 9-5 job it seems they always turn out to have someone on the side "helping them pay the rent", even one whose a lawyer. And I have met 3 of these girls and they are not street putas, they are educated & dress nice and conservative but they are just 'working it' in a more clandestined way.

• Wow
Reactions: AlaPlaya

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Yes Aguaita, I agree with you if you believe that all this has happened as reported. Actually,the fiscal does not even have to ask for more time , the process just rolls on slowly . As for evidence, that is a joke!! In several cases where I have been involved,the only evidence has been a police report, given to the duty prosecutor of the day and which the plaintiff has not seen and then the accused is given 3 months preventative for the police to investigate which they seldom do unless they are financially assisted. Evidence is seldom challenged in the initial hearing . The proof of evidence is very low, hardly anyone is accused of perjury and of course the written law of the land is often ignored. There is virtually no law of precedence and so the whole process is rotten to the core.The worst thing in this country is to get involved in the legal system.