5 Gallon Water Jugs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellakins

May 31, 2008
There are several companies that sell these 5 Gallon water jugs...

Some water seems better than others

I do not like this Gerico that is being delivered in my area.

Can anyone recommend a better quality water company that I can access in Cabarete?

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
You could try Agua Internacional from Janet's in Cabarete.
If Internacional is available for the OP, I can recommend that... We use that exclusively since about 3 years in POP... We used Gerico as well but changed to Internacional

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Delivery options from a distributor are a bit limited in the area but there are a few choices. Sasino in Sosua is one of them, sorry I do not have a phone number for them. Otherwise, you find something you like and buy it by the bottle at the store and possibly arrange delivery from them if available. There is a place on the La Mulata Rd close to the turn to Monte Vista - Mariposa Aqua. I believe bottles of water you pick up yourself are 25 pesos each. Delivery can be arranged if you are buying a bunch.

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
I don't know about delivery water, but I do know that ground water can as little as 5 Km. away. Makes a heck of a difference.
What about a good filtre?

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
I don't know about delivery water, but I do know that ground water can as little as 5 Km. away. Makes a heck of a difference.
What about a good filtre?
Something I learned in the military... a few drops of clorine makes almost any water drinkable... I use a few drops in the big bottles of cascada.....

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
Something I learned in the military... a few drops of clorine makes almost any water drinkable... I use a few drops in the big bottles of cascada.....
Right on, a drop per gallon I think. I often use potasium permagnate in moderation for my water tank. Mostly to clean it after a few fillings. (really don't want to count 110 drops) The filtre (GE) removes all the smell and taste, espesially the clorine. It does slow the flow however.

Reactions: USA DOC

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Pharmacies in the DR, and some supermarkets, sell a commercial water disinfectant called Purissima. When I still had to be careful cleaning an open leg wound, putting drops of it it a bowl of bottled water gave me water that was safe for washing the wound and surrounding skin.

I was a tad hesitant to put straight bleach into the water and then use that water on damaged tissue.

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
Pharmacies in the DR, and some supermarkets, sell a commercial water disinfectant called Purissima. When I still had to be careful cleaning an open leg wound, putting drops of it it a bowl of bottled water gave me water that was safe for washing the wound and surrounding skin.

I was a tad hesitant to put straight bleach into the water and then use that water on damaged tissue.
You can make a simple and safe saline soultion by boiling 2 cups of water for several minutes, add teaspoon of salt stir to disolve and let cool. Keep in airtight container in fridge. Pinch of baking soda optional. Good luck with future wounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.