EDENorte North Coast: Electricity Outages & Restoration Announcements

SD Este

Banned
Jul 28, 2021
La Capital
Nothing within the next week about outages on my circuit. Perhaps others will have maintenance this time:

file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/Publicacio%CC%81n-La-Informacio%CC%81n-31-de-Julio-al-6-de-Agosto.pdf
Please share this so that the rest of us can access it. This link is to your computer I believe ;)

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Woke up to no power Sunday morning Aug 1. 06:00. Like Seamonkey, I do not know when it went off. Outage reported to Edenorte online Case # #55271.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Power was out on CABT102 from 4 AM until about 7 AM this morning Sunday, August 1, 2021. When I called it in at 4 AM, they told me they already knew and had a team sent to fix it. Three hours later it came back on. Sucks that some still don't have power.

Maybe they need to perform more "maintenance". Nah, it never seems to help, but then how would we know?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Power was out on CABT102 from 4 AM until about 7 AM this morning Sunday, August 1, 2021. When I called it in at 4 AM, they told me they already knew and had a team sent to fix it. Three hours later it came back on. Sucks that some still don't have power.

Maybe they need to perform more "maintenance". Nah, it never seems to help, but then how would we know?
This is getting silly, just about same as yesterday Mike!!!
We just had about 2 1/2 hours out starting before 6 am this morning in our area.

Beginning to look like we're Siamese twins. lol

• Wow
Reactions: windeguy

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013

Well this is interesting, we seem to have the same outages, so must be general? Power went out in POP at about 2 am and came back at 7 am... Last couple of weeks, I'm counting 3 outages that have lasted several hours... This practically never happens here (and we have lived here the last 4 years...)... Well, once a year max... Wondering if it's a supply/demand or some other issue? Supply/demand as in has to do with heat vs. AC..

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Back on for me a little after 08:00. Same as yesterday, power came back to Cabarete significantly sooner than in Sosua.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Well this is interesting, we seem to have the same outages, so must be general? Power went out in POP at about 2 am and came back at 7 am... Last couple of weeks, I'm counting 3 outages that have lasted several hours... This practically never happens here (and we have lived here the last 4 years...)... Well, once a year max... Wondering if it's a supply/demand or some other issue?
They won't tell me what the problem is, but I do have a suspicion you are correct in that systems are being overloaded and the weakest link pops.

While the number of tourists may be down dramatically on the north coast, the number of houses and condos is building slowly as more expats leave cold climes. Canadians are buying places off pictures they see on the internet, even in my area. Then the builder starts on a new house. Keeping up with demand is not a strong point of the water company, and now could be the reason for more power outages as well.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Just an fyi for you folks living in the frozen tundra of the north, down here in balmy Boca Chica we've had more outages than normal over the last few weeks. Nothing like 5 hours but still it comes and goes more frequently than it did before.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Please share this so that the rest of us can access it. This link is to your computer I believe ;)
Here you go for Edenorte

but it would be different in Santo Trafficjam and Edesur, probably this:

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Here you go for Edenorte
They used to publish the maintenance schedules in Excel format but I was only able to find the latest in PDF... Still, nothing there for us at this time and I doubt Edenorte would do maintenance at 2am...

That being said, I can confirm that they are not 100 % incompetent as once here something was fried in our pole (other houses had luz, turned out to be a birds nest which we asked them to clean before it catches fire but of course they did not...) so I had to call them at about 10 pm, and yes, they actually sent a group to fix the problem after 12 am on a weekend and they fixed it perfectly... Aside from fixing the root cause, but people just don't do that really here...

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
An email from Edenorte suggests that the outages yesterday and today were the result of transmission line failures or equipment attached to those lines. Clearly more outages for preventative maintenance are needed. :-(

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
"It is better to light a single candle then curse the darkness."
An old saying comes to my mind often as a I've always been a problem solver.
I've never been able to track down the original quote but just about everyone claims credit.
Really doesn't matter. The mind set is just about always the same.
Similar to taking that 1st step?

My wife came up to me last week after reading about so many had no power on her different forums. She doesn't follow this "stuff". She was amazed that electricity is still such an issue and..... how odd.... thanked me.

Over 25 years ago I promised that we would have electricity. I've kept my promise along with several others.

At times I still have to light that proverbial candle to take one more step forward.

Reactions: CottageCountry

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
"It is better to light a single candle then curse the darkness."
An old saying comes to my mind often as a I've always been a problem solver.
I've never been able to track down the original quote but just about everyone claims credit.
Really doesn't matter. The mind set is just about always the same.
Similar to taking that 1st step?

My wife came up to me last week after reading about so many had no power on her different forums. She doesn't follow this "stuff". She was amazed that electricity is still such an issue and..... how odd.... thanked me.

Over 25 years ago I promised that we would have electricity. I've kept my promise along with several others.

At times I still have to light that proverbial candle to take one more step forward.
Good for you, I guess.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
I'll bet our Edenorte electric bill is way less then some phone bills...just calling Edenorte.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Power is out in my area on circuit Sosu101. No maintenance scheduled and no planned outages announced. Outage reported to Edenorte on their website. If it is out for you, please report it too.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
Yes here as well on APPL02. You can check their Social media accounts, IG and FB, to get an understanding why we have these interruptions, not worth calling about it.