E-Ticket (Can't enter the DR without this)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It may not be considered 'mandatory' but as I reported earlier,
I was denied an online boarding pass by United for not providing proof of it.
The agent confirmed that to me.

Reactions: ALLOR925

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
It's been posted several times that it is linked to your passport. That's why immigration doesn't need to ask to see it. They know whether you do or not as soon as they swipe your passport.
I'd consider that to be an oxymoron. They don't need to ask to see it because they asked to see it and scan it.
p.s. Can't wait to try out this stuff.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
I'd consider that to be an oxymoron. They don't need to ask to see it because they asked to see it and scan it.
Careful what you wish for. Last month it took me 3 hours to fill out the Colombian version which is very much mandatory. Upside is you get really good at filling out the form until the system crashes.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
In November flights resume direct from Russia to PUJ. How many people on these flights will fill out the E Ticket? Think the E Ticket has the postal codes for Russia?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I must have missed the post that said that(?). It's linked to your passport, so, immigration will see that on their computer when they scan it if you have it. Customs has asked to see it because they don't have the passport scanners.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
They don't ask to see it(?). When immigration scans your passport, they know you've filled one out. If they see you haven't, you'll have to fill out the paper forms.

Reactions: ALLOR925

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Is it not time to change the title of this thread, E-Ticket-Cant-Enter-the-DR-Without-This.?
It is more than obvious that you can. Why mislead people with that title. Try E Ticket Info or something like it.
It's not much different than the helmet law, is it? I'm sure there will always be paper forms at immigration for those that prefer to scramble for a pen, fill out those paper forms, and stand in a long line - while those with the E-Ticket go through ahead of them.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
It's not much different than the helmet law, is it? I'm sure there will always be paper forms at immigration for those that prefer to scramble for a pen, fill out those paper forms, and stand in a long line - while those with the E-Ticket go through ahead of them.
Nope, paper form will exist until they runout. E-Ticket is mandatory. Basically, there is no way around that. Just wait once the forms runout. :)

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Nope, paper form will exist until they runout. E-Ticket is mandatory. Basically, there is no way around that. Just wait once the forms runout. :)
The forms will run out when the airlines run out.......................

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
I flew in from Madrid yesterday it took me 10 min to go through immigration. Fifty++ people in front of me didn't have the e-ticket were turned back to fill in the paperform. I never had any issues with this "e-ticket". I do it on a laptop or desktop and print a pdf file I email to myself and pick up on my phone (in case someone want to scan it). I suggest Aduana do the same with the custom form. Get rid of all paper docs.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I flew in from Madrid yesterday it took me 10 min to go through immigration. Fifty++ people in front of me didn't have the e-ticket were turned back to fill in the paperform. I never had any issues with this "e-ticket". I do it on a laptop or desktop and print a pdf file I email to myself and pick up on my phone (in case someone want to scan it). I suggest Aduana do the same with the custom form. Get rid of all paper docs.
That's in the works. Eliminating paper cut costs for the government. It also makes it easier and faster for the users and employees of the institution, but the main reason is about money.

Reactions: windeguy

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
That's in the works. Eliminating paper cut costs for the government. It also makes it easier and faster for the users and employees of the institution, but the main reason is about money.
It also would make it impossible for a planeload from Russia to enter the DR. As almost all of them would not have the E Ticket. Get real. The DR relies on tourism to exist. They are a lot smarter than the people posting here.................

• Wow
Reactions: Sailor51

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I don't see the Citizens/Residents special kiosk any more at the airports...

All just one big line.... the auto kiosk booths may have replaced it

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Maybe the passports scanning machines replaced it.

Personally, I use my Cdn passport to travel.... I have not gotten an RD passport yet.
It could only be used to enter RD.... not the USA

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
Careful what you wish for. Last month it took me 3 hours to fill out the Colombian version which is very much mandatory. Upside is you get really good at filling out the form until the system crashes.
Yeah, and one of the things people try to avoid like the plague (no pun intended) is paperwork.

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
I'm traveling to Punta Cana soon.

Is the e-ticket still mandatory or can I just fill out the paper form once I land?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
It also would make it impossible for a planeload from Russia to enter the DR. As almost all of them would not have the E Ticket. Get real. The DR relies on tourism to exist. They are a lot smarter than the people posting here.................
Why would that be so impossible? I'm guessing that, now, the Russian airlines are providing those forms in Russian(?). Isn't it just a matter of having the E-Ticket available in Russian?