Dentists, implants current situation

ratzo

Feb 18, 2012
Hello all. Am not really a resident but this is a question for residents. A number of years ago one of the DR1 regulars referred me to a dentist in SD, for implants, and then I found another one in my own the next year and returned once a year over 7 years. I wonder if the pandemic has changed the landscape for "dental tourism"? In your view is this risky? Yes I am vaccinated. But unfortunately I have been remiss in my flossing and need another three implants and cannot possibly pay the prices in the USA. My previous dentist is responding to my inquiries only in Haitian Creole, and anyway I think I may need a more professional (but still affordable) implant clinic. What do you think?

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
It's safer here that in the USA if you're referring to the Wuhan Virus. Outside of that, I don't know if it has affected dental tourism, but since tourism is down generally I would speculate that dental tourism is also down. For now it's on the upswing, but that could change in 3.56 minutes.

If you visit, you need nothing to come except for your USA passport. To return, you will need a recent negative Wuhan test.

If you need help with the kreyol translation, there are a few people on here, self included that are average or above average in kreyol.

In any case keep us posted. I am thinking about the same thing.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I'm being quoted roughly $500 bucks each for implants. One is a dentist in Los Alcarrizos and another in San Cristobal. Both have good reviews on Google and have done acceptable work on my teeth in the past.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Hello all. Am not really a resident but this is a question for residents. A number of years ago one of the DR1 regulars referred me to a dentist in SD, for implants, and then I found another one in my own the next year and returned once a year over 7 years. I wonder if the pandemic has changed the landscape for "dental tourism"? In your view is this risky? Yes I am vaccinated. But unfortunately I have been remiss in my flossing and need another three implants and cannot possibly pay the prices in the USA. My previous dentist is responding to my inquiries only in Haitian Creole, and anyway I think I may need a more professional (but still affordable) implant clinic. What do you think?

Contact them at:

Tel: +1-809-542-2193
hamadadentalclinicrd@gmail.com
Av. Charles Summer #5 esquina Apolinar Tejera, Plaza KM local 203, Los Prados, Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional,

It’s in Santo Domingo and will be a pro handling your dental needs. Price is very good, compared to competition.

Reactions: Se fue la luz

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
How is their English?
There used to be a tri-lingual receptionist (Ninoska) but she's gone. It's too bad because she's an incredible woman. Two of the dentists speak excellent English. Dr. Rojas, the implantologist, speaks very little English. I would suggest mentioning the language barrier when you make an appointment so that they have someone there for you.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Evelyn speaks good English - you pay the bill to her and she books the appointments.

Dr Javier speaks beautiful English as does Dra Lizther
Dra Lizther is a periodontist... she does the cleanings

Reactions: Joseph NY2STI

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have actually had better dental work in the DR than I had in the US at much less of a price. But be careful, as like anywhere there are bad ones also. Get a good recommendation and go with it. And the lab work here was better than any I had in the US for sure.