Canada announces vaccine mandate for air travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Does he have an offer of employment, or only the Work Visa? It might make a difference.
He is about to get a Work Visa in his passport. How does that chance him to not needing a vaccine when flying into Canada?

thompstr

Mar 21, 2018
He is about to get a Work Visa in his passport. How does that chance him to not needing a vaccine when flying into Canada?
I'm not a lawyer,but the Canadian web site i think says all people flying into Canada must have it now
I'm sure must be some info some place for work visa too requiring it

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I would assume the airlines in the DR will have the same procedure they use for the US regarding the need for a negative Covid test. They give you a form to date and sign about Covid before you get to the counter. At the counter you give your passport, the signed document. and the negative covid test. it is looked at and then you get a boarding pass. If you do not have the negative test result you do NOT get a boarding pass. So the idea of a work visa would have NO merit at all, as he will not get past the counter with no vaccine proof...

Reactions: thompstr

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I'm not a lawyer,but the Canadian web site i think says all people flying into Canada must have it now
I'm sure must be some info some place for work visa too requiring it
I would assume the airlines in the DR will have the same procedure they use for the US regarding the need for a negative Covid test. They give you a form to date and sign about Covid before you get to the counter. At the counter you give your passport, the signed document. and the negative covid test. it is looked at and then you get a boarding pass. If you do not have the negative test result you do NOT get a boarding pass. So the idea of a work visa would have NO merit at all, as he will not get past the counter with no vaccine proof...
I suspect the work visa alone will not allow him to enter Canada if he refuses to be vaccinated, as you both suggest. Some time in September or October that likely be known since that is the time the work visa will be granted and he will try to fly to Canada.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I suspect the work visa alone will not allow him to enter Canada if he refuses to be vaccinated, as you both suggest. Some time in September or October that likely be known since that is the time the work visa will be granted and he will try to fly to Canada.
Tell him to make sure he gets a refundable ticket......

• Haha
Reactions: windeguy

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
As we know... the Cdn test is much more strict/detailed than the USA requirement

Not sure about the vaccination rule.... being in force yet

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
As we know... the Cdn test is much more strict/detailed than the USA requirement

Not sure about the vaccination rule.... being in force yet
Ottawa, Ontario (CNN) — Canada will require most commercial passengers traveling by air, rail or large ship to be fully vaccinated by fall.

So, he may get his work visa in time to sneak in under the wire.

Reactions: SKY

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
At present when flying into Canada, having two approved vaccine shots can exempt you from the other quarantine measures that are in place. To enter the country you still have to meet the current admissibility requirements, Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or from the USA. There are some other exemptions that allow essential workers/travelers to enter but the issuance of a visa of some kind is not enough on its own. Things for other int'l travelers may open up further in September but the case counts are climbing again so stayed tuned for the next Govt announcements on who can enter and who cannot. Those allowed to enter presently still have to satisfy some other requirements such as a negative PCR test and still have to have a workable quarantine plan if directed to quarantine on arrival by health officials. All of this is outlined when you fill out the required info on the arrivecan website.

Playabavaro

Aug 19, 2020
Canada/punta cana
From what we have seen they dont have the SPINE for pushing back ..they choose to be passive Aggressive instead, and finger point to others .
That's not fair to say we don't have the spine to push back yes we do when it's the right time and the right reason ! This is not it ! We need to listen to the science,and they are learning more every day. This is a New pandemic ,there's learning and discovery yet to be done . So shut it on the passive crap.

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
That's not fair to say we don't have the spine to push back yes we do when it's the right time and the right reason ! This is not it ! We need to listen to the science,and they are learning more every day. This is a New pandemic ,there's learning and discovery yet to be done . So shut it on the passive crap.
So how many doses is enough? I hope you know that a 3rd dose will be required this year and a 4th dose next year, and more doses after that?

Do you wanna have a lifetime vaccine subscription to Pfizer/Moderna/AstraZeneca?

Reactions: jd426

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
So how many doses is enough? I hope you know that a 3rd dose will be required this year and a 4th dose next year, and more doses after that?

Do you wanna have a lifetime vaccine subscription to Pfizer/Moderna/AstraZeneca?
I would like a contract to take 1 dose a year for the rest of my life to never die from Covid...............

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I would like a contract to take 1 dose a year for the rest of my life to never die from Covid...............
So you figured out a way to cheat death. . thats wonderful..

This reminds me of the " lifetime membership" to VIDEO Tape Rental Clubs , those places were on every block in the early '80's

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro and Big

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Y'all keep playing that Russian roulette with your "boosters". Eventually you will win.

People in the high risk group want to feel safe , we get it .. My parents got the shots , never tried to talk them out of it ..

but this is WAY beyond that already .
they trying so hard to SELL it, to TEENAGERS now who are shrugging off covid like champs .
why ?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The age of the hospital cases is dropping like crazy --- younger people are at risk

take your pick of articles

1630008334210.png

Reactions: Jelly
Status
Not open for further replies.