Problems with Vaccines.. past and present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Get this trough your heads ..
We dont need an excuse .. . OUR Bodies .. not yours .. no one is looking for your approval ..
this is what you lemmings dont understand .
No worries. I totally understand what you are saying and have no problem with others living their lives as they see fit. About 20% aren't going to take the vaccine so it doesn't do any good for the 80% to get all worked up about it.

Reactions: jd426, Big and SKY

Se fue la luz

Instant Karma's gonna get ya!
Aug 7, 2021
Cabarete
The NFL is leaning on players to get the shot,many have not got it and don't want it. Let's see how that plays out with the sheep.
There are a lot of organizations that are taking a lead role since many governments don't want to be seen to be "requiring" a vaccination. I find it strange since we had to have numerous, mandatory, vaccinations since we were born. I can understand some healthy skepticism, but after all the talking points and concerns have been answered it changes to protesting to be contrarian instead of "we have concerns so please give us more info".

The vaccines are safe. Based on decades old research in the case of the mRNA types and even longer for the previous types of vaccines. Failure to accept that and resistance to believing all the experts is ridiculous.

Se fue la luz

Aug 7, 2021
Cabarete
Sooner than later people will be checkmated into taking the shots to be able to work, travel, eat out, go to concerts, etc...

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Sooner than later people will be checkmated into taking the shots to be able to work, travel, eat out, go to concerts, etc...

We have a Queen, she is called the 2nd Amendment .. and that is why your prediction will never happen,
.. just like all your other foolishness

Reactions: Big

Se fue la luz

Aug 7, 2021
Cabarete
As a businessman I will never ask if a customer or client is vaccinated. As long as his ca$h is good so is his business.
You against the world. LOL

It's increasingly clear that businesses and other organizations like universities and the hosts of concerts and sporting events will, in fact already are, requiring proof of vaccination. Countries too and airlines. For those that refuse to get the shots it's about to become a small world ;)

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

Vaccine passports less than 2 weeks away for Quebecers​

Quebecers will soon be required to show proof of vaccination before sitting down in a restaurant or hitting up the gym.

Vaccination passports will come into effect Sept. 1, with Quebec being the first province to instill this rule on a wide scale.

Taking the form of a QR code accessible through a mobile app, the passports will apply to a number of enclosed public spaces, such as restaurants, theatres, and stores.

IT'S HEEEERRREEEEE................................

Jan 9, 2004
We have a Queen, she is called the 2nd Amendment .. and that is why your prediction will never happen,
.. just like all your other foolishness
Expanding on that a bit, I would add the entire Constitution and the line of Supreme Court cases to the mix as to why you can never be forced into mandatory vaccinations...........certainly not now with none of the vaccines fully approved..............and even after future approval...................just will not happen............not in the US anyway..........

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: jd426

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The majority support the use of the Covid vaccines . The majority believe that being vaccinated protects them and other people they encounter to some extent. Govts push this message and society is embracing it. A society can exert its own pressure on its members to conform to its norms of behavior. Those who choose not to follow the collective will be "on the outside". It may not be an easy task to sue your former employer for being terminated because you exercised your choice not to be vaccinated because you don't have an income any longer. Surely society will not accept people brandishing a firearm to gain entry to a restaurant to get dinner service. An armed insurrection against Govt over a vaccine is most unlikely as it just doesn't rise to the level of Govt tyranny that would be needed for most 2nd amendment supporters to start shooting their leaders imo.

The old saying, "Your rights end where my nose begins" would seem to apply in this situation.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It will actually make living a lot easier when there are LESS people at airports, restaurants, banks, supermarkets, etc...............

• Love
Reactions: Sailor51

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012

It's increasingly clear that businesses and other organizations like universities and the hosts of concerts and sporting events will, in fact already are, requiring proof of vaccination. Countries too and airlines. For those that refuse to get the shots it's about to become a small world ;)

A month ago in the thread Government Will Insist That All Get Vaccinated. I posted something similar.

If he (Abinader) is smart, he will be sure to enlist partnerships with the private sector. They are all in it together after all.
The government needn't always be the bad guy.
The best way to the finish line is with everybody pulling their weight.

I agree with the sentiment that the common good outweighs the recalcitrants' stubborn refusal to play game with the rest of us.
If hiding away in a cave somewhere is what will make them happy and content, I say...
Let them have at it.
This sentiment is tempered with the understanding that there are certainly some people for whom the vaccine is simply not an option and accommodations will have to be made in those cases.

Reactions: SKY
Jan 9, 2004
The majority support the use of the Covid vaccines . The majority believe that being vaccinated protects them and other people they encounter to some extent. Govts push this message and society is embracing it. A society can exert its own pressure on its members to conform to its norms of behavior. Those who choose not to follow the collective will be "on the outside". It may not be an easy task to sue your former employer for being terminated because you exercised your choice not to be vaccinated because you don't have an income any longer. Surely society will not accept people brandishing a firearm to gain entry to a restaurant to get dinner service. An armed insurrection against Govt over a vaccine is most unlikely as it just doesn't rise to the level of Govt tyranny that would be needed for most 2nd amendment supporters to start shooting their leaders imo.

The old saying, "Your rights end where my nose begins" would seem to apply in this situation.

Thankfully their is no tyranny of the majority as recognized by de Tocqueville, Madison and others.

Your last sentence solidifies their reasoning for wanting to guard against it.

No vaccine, past present or future should ever be forced on those who do not want it…..especially those that do not have full approval.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: porkman100 and Big

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Thankfully their is no tyranny of the majority as recognized by de Tocqueville, Madison and others.

Your last sentence solidifies their reasoning for wanting to guard against it.

No vaccine, past present or future should ever be forced on those who do not want it…..especially those that do not have full approval.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Where did you get the bright idea that vaccines are being forced or going to be forced on anyone, anywhere?

Big

Apr 24, 2019

Yes ma'am you are correct, you completely changed my mind, thank you for showing me the light. Now please find a hobby.

Jan 9, 2004
Where did you get the bright idea that vaccines are being forced or going to be forced on anyone, anywhere?

Why right here on DR1. Lots of posts referencing/supporting mandatory vaccinations. Perhaps you might want to read some of them. The search button is a good place to start.

The good news is it will surely not happen in the US…….and likely not in the DR too……but for different reasons.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
Let's face it. If the situation with talking heads and social media existed in 1955 Polio would still be crippling children.
I'm probably one of the few remaining who remember that. Without the polio and the TB shot, you did NOT get to go to school.
And those illness's were pretty well wiped out. A small resurgence has occured in some western states due to immagration from central american countries.

Reactions: bienamor

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009

Wow, you really dont get it

Is it a Canadian thing ?
Sorry you cant grasp this ... We have a CONSTITUTION.
A BILL OF RIGHTS .
A Balance of POWER, 3 Branches of Govt //

NO ONE has the power to force anyone to get a vaccination..

and for the record , I meant " even at the barrel of a GUN, some will choose to NOT Vaccinate".. and if the Govt Dares to try to force it , they will be met with Deadly force at some point .
No " Insurrection" is needed .. just an absolute refusal to Comply with this " mandate"..
The Supreme Court will jump in at some point ..
You know that little thing about " right to pursue happiness " in that little document called the Declaration of Independence .

just wow ...that you cant understand such a simple concept.. or perhaps you chose to TWIST it into your Narrative .
either way , have a pleasant day ..

Being verbose does not necessarily prove superior intelligence .. as you just clearly demonstrated .

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009

Mandated to get access to FOOD, to TRAVEL ... we almost there .

The right to KEEP your job , to earn a living being stripped away. ? You approve of this ?
Unless you are in the HEALTH field . that is as BLATANT a violation of Your Human Rights as it gets .

Status
Not open for further replies.