Problems with Vaccines.. past and present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Given that the incubation period for Covid-19 is up to 14 days, I don`t know.

There are several flights coming into Canada with people who test positive when they arrive, even though they all took such a test within 72 hours of departure.
Looks like they will have to stop all flights coming in again, eh?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
NanSanPedro:

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Pentagon will require members of the U.S. military to get the COVID-19 vaccine by Sept. 15, according to a memo obtained by The Associated Press. That deadline could be pushed up if the vaccine receives final FDA approval or infection rates continue to rise.

This is also being talked about on TV news today.

Jan 9, 2004
NanSanPedro:

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Pentagon will require members of the U.S. military to get the COVID-19 vaccine by Sept. 15, according to a memo obtained by The Associated Press. That deadline could be pushed up if the vaccine receives final FDA approval or infection rates continue to rise.

This is also being talked about on TV news today.
And if they don't............what then? Demotion, punishment, court-martialed?

I expect a solution with other options................way too many military against the vaccine. Many still remember the Anthrax vaccine debacle.

It is playing nicely into the hands of the vaccine manufacturers and of course their eventual profits. The Big Pharma lobbyists are certainly earning their money.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
PC2, I have never been able to predict the future. I expect they will receive dishonorable discharges, but that is a wild guess.

Some unvaccinated service members have suggested they'd get the shot once it's required, but others are flatly opposed. Military officials have said that once the vaccine is mandated, a refusal could constitute failure to obey an order, and may be punishable under the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If no vax - the employee has strict testing regulations

One or the other is what In read in the news....
That is regard to Federal Employees who can opt for now to be tested weekly or more if not vaccinated.

This does not apply to military or private businesses which can legally mandate vaccination as I understand it.
Just like businesses can say to customers no shirt , no shoes, no vaccine - no service.

United Airlines has required all employees to be vaccinated or get a new job, for example. Testing weekly is not an option for them:

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
The vaccine is your choice and nobody will make you get it. That's true. A lady that has been cutting my hair for over thirty years is determined not to get the vaccine. Her choice and my choice is to not let her cut my hair. Bye bye to a long time customer.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No, not dishonorable. Worst case would be General discharge under honorable conditions.
I suggest you are wrong according to the code that applies for disobeying an order. Under Article 92 failure to obey a direct order can certainly lead to a dishonorable discharge. It is a worst case option, but nonetheless is possible, unlike you stated that it cannot happen.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
New Zealand is reacting to a new surge of the Delta variant in that country.
For a little levity on the topic, listen to the N.Z. Minister responsible for Covid Management discussing necessary steps and having a serious "slip of the tongue" moment.

Hah.
Some might even suggest a Freudian slip that gives new meaning to the term super spreader.
Check out the expression on the face of the guy standing next to him.
lol.

Jan 9, 2004
The vaccine is your choice and nobody will make you get it. That's true. A lady that has been cutting my hair for over thirty years is determined not to get the vaccine. Her choice and my choice is to not let her cut my hair. Bye bye to a long time customer.
Exactly my thoughts for those businesses that refuse service an individual because they choose to remain un-vaccinated.

Their choice...........and their financial loss.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I suggest you are wrong according to the code that applies for disobeying an order. Under Article 92 failure to obey a direct order can certainly lead to a dishonorable discharge. It is a worst case option, but nonetheless is possible, unlike you stated that it cannot happen.
I was in the Marines for 4 years. Dishonorable is reserved for the worst of the worst. A medical discharge is also a general discharge.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Where exactly is the anti-vaxx camp? Is it in the mountains? Do I need to bring a sleeping bag? Will we roast hot dogs and marshmallows? Are there lions and tigers and bears? Oh my! :eek: :eek:

Its right next to "Band Camp" lol

y check your pm please

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Unless an employer is willing to pay for those tests, very few will be able to afford to take the tests.
Daughter has to be tested weekly, she works as a probation officer. NJ does not pay, she has to pay a copay each time. It’s going to add up, but she’s stubborn.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
That is CERTAINLY YOUR RIGHT , 100% agree.
but if I may , is that not the OPPOSITE of the Same Lady DENYING you Entry, and a Haircut , if YOU were not vaccinated?? ?
Would you not feel just a little " discriminated " against ?
or better yet , the very REAL Restaurant Example playing out in NYC right now ..

Denied access to a sit down meal , because you are not Vaccinated

do you kind of see how its different ?

not arguing .. just curious what your thought process is here .

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Daughter has to be tested weekly, she works as a probation officer. NJ does not pay, she has to pay a copay each time. It’s going to add up, but she’s stubborn.
Well, at least she only has to pay a copay. Is that standard for insurance plans to cover unlimited numbers of covid tests?

Status
Not open for further replies.