Trial for Murder of Lindsay de Feliz

Status
Not open for further replies.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Lindsay is greatly missed by all her family. I used to Skype her every day and still find It difficult that I cannot talk to her and see her every day. Unfortunately due to various circumstances including covid and my age (89) I am unable to be at the trial. But would like to thank everyone for their support and prayers ever since she was killed. It means so much to Lindsay’s family that she is not forgotten. I find it hard to comprehend that someone who loved the Dominican people
so much should be murdered in such a cruel fashion.
Matilda’s mother

I am sending as much love as it is possible to send in an online message Matilda’s mother. I can only begin to imagine the hell you have gone through. I know that many many people in the DR1 community are praying that the true facts are revealed at this trial and that justice be done. Please do not hesitate to ask for anything that you need on this forum, you have a lot of people here who live in DR and am sure will be more than happy to help.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Lindsay is greatly missed by all her family. I used to Skype her every day and still find It difficult that I cannot talk to her and see her every day. Unfortunately due to various circumstances including covid and my age (89) I am unable to be at the trial. But would like to thank everyone for their support and prayers ever since she was killed. It means so much to Lindsay’s family that she is not forgotten. I find it hard to comprehend that someone who loved the Dominican people
so much should be murdered in such a cruel fashion.
Matilda’s mother
Second to MariaRubia’s reply, please ask.

Much love to all her friends and family across the pond in anticipation of the trial. ❤️

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
I new Lindsay but unfortilally never met her in person as she has left Juan Dolio the same year I arrived. I have communicated with her a few times for advice and she always gave true and concrete advice. I always thought I could meet her in person and miss her greatly. I hope that we can see the truth and end to this. Lindsay will always be in my heart and never forgotten. Lindsay was a great contributor to this site and a very appreciate contact apart from that a very well and good person.Again I missed Lindsay!

Matilda's Mother

May 10, 2008
I am sending as much love as it is possible to send in an online message Matilda’s mother. I can only begin to imagine the hell you have gone through. I know that many many people in the DR1 community are praying that the true facts are revealed at this trial and that justice be done. Please do not hesitate to ask for anything that you need on this forum, you have a lot of people here who live in DR and am sure will be more than happy to help.
Thankyou for this message. It is so frustrating that none of us can be at the trial to support Lindsay. We have done as much as we can to help her case from afar. .Many people have written to me over the past months to say how much she helped them, we need to try and help her now. and the support of her friends in the DR would be greatly appreciated

joelorme

Aug 31, 2021
United Kingdom
Hello
My name is Joel Orme and I am TV producer based in Manchester in the UK. We are currently in production of a new True Crime Series for Discovery that looks at the cases of British citizen who have tragically been murdered whilst abroad.

One of the cases we are looking to feature in the programme is the murder of Lindsay De Feliz.

Each episode will focus on one particular case and we are structuring the programmes so we can tell the story of not just the crime but also the story of the victim leading up to the tragic event and then also the struggles that family and friends have faced in trying to find justice for their loved one.

Our hope is to provide a fitting memorial to the victim whilst also highlighting the issues those left behind have to tackle when they find themselves in this difficult situation and the steps they have to go through, and in some cases are still going through, in order get answers.

The episodes will be a combination of interviews, archive material and footage shot at the location where the crime happened.

As such I'm interested in trying to speak to any friends or family of Lindsay's who might be interested in learning more about the programme with a view to potential being involved. I believe Lindsay was very active on this forum so I thought it would be a good place to start.

I appreciate this will be a very difficult subject to talk about and we don't wish to cause anyone any upset or distress.

If you would like to learn more about the project you can contact me either via this forum or directly at joel.orme@wbtv.uk

Many thanks in anticipation,
Joel

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Hello
My name is Joel Orme and I am TV producer based in Manchester in the UK. We are currently in production of a new True Crime Series for Discovery that looks at the cases of British citizen who have tragically been murdered whilst abroad.

One of the cases we are looking to feature in the programme is the murder of Lindsay De Feliz.

Each episode will focus on one particular case and we are structuring the programmes so we can tell the story of not just the crime but also the story of the victim leading up to the tragic event and then also the struggles that family and friends have faced in trying to find justice for their loved one.

Our hope is to provide a fitting memorial to the victim whilst also highlighting the issues those left behind have to tackle when they find themselves in this difficult situation and the steps they have to go through, and in some cases are still going through, in order get answers.

The episodes will be a combination of interviews, archive material and footage shot at the location where the crime happened.

As such I'm interested in trying to speak to any friends or family of Lindsay's who might be interested in learning more about the programme with a view to potential being involved. I believe Lindsay was very active on this forum so I thought it would be a good place to start.

I appreciate this will be a very difficult subject to talk about and we don't wish to cause anyone any upset or distress.

If you would like to learn more about the project you can contact me either via this forum or directly at joel.orme@wbtv.uk

Many thanks in anticipation,
Joel
ANYTHING that sheds light on the horrible criminal justice system in the DR is a good thing.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Yes Luperon, I totally agree and many of my postings have described and deplored the system but nothing should be done until this case is concluded. Cases here get put off for any and every reason.

Reactions: campesinadeatl

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
When the story first broke , I was very impressed with the Police who deployed the K9 / bloodhounds to locate the body .
Without them , this case would have never come to Trial ,and never even been solved , imho..
May the family find Peace once these Barbaric criminals are sent to Prison for Life .
Trust the system. we as civilize people have to .. we have no choice .

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Without them , this case would have never come to Trial ,and never even been solved , imho..

To an extent I agree. I think half-way through the search the dogs lost the scent. Had the police just given up at that point and gone home, then maybe it would have remained unsolved. On the other hand, I think there would have always been a search, sooner or later - expats don't just go missing for weeks without the police doing a search like this, at least not in my experience. Think about that American couple who disappeared in the hire car driving from Samana to the airport, there was a massive search for them until their bodies were found.

From what I gather, in the case of Lindsay a large part of the police doing such a quick and thorough job was due to certain members of the DR1 community using high-level contacts to make sure that the police were on the case. A few people who knew her well were worried about Lindsay, especially after the terrible beating she had when the supposed burglary had taken place. So within hours of her disappearing, people used their contacts and some pretty high-level police were immediately brought into the loop.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
To an extent I agree. I think half-way through the search the dogs lost the scent. Had the police just given up at that point and gone home, then maybe it would have remained unsolved. On the other hand, I think there would have always been a search, sooner or later - expats don't just go missing for weeks without the police doing a search like this, at least not in my experience. Think about that American couple who disappeared in the hire car driving from Samana to the airport, there was a massive search for them until their bodies were found.

From what I gather, in the case of Lindsay a large part of the police doing such a quick and thorough job was due to certain members of the DR1 community using high-level contacts to make sure that the police were on the case. A few people who knew her well were worried about Lindsay, especially after the terrible beating she had when the supposed burglary had taken place. So within hours of her disappearing, people used their contacts and some pretty high-level police were immediately brought into the loop.
I think her murderers grossly underestimated the people who loved her and the extent of the number of people she knew or her friends knew/know. None of the 4 in jail speak English, they were clueless about how many foreigners she helped over the years who felt indebted to her. They had no clue that some of those friends had personal contacts at the British embassy and in the media.

Many of us who were especially close to her have been marking the months since she’s been gone, and we’re now counting the days until we see justice served.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I think the documentary sounds like a good idea...
one story in their portfolio.... not the main focus....

Helps keep the ball rolling...

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I think the documentary sounds like a good idea...
one story in their portfolio.... not the main focus....

Helps keep the ball rolling...

Well I think it might be very tough viewing for a lot of people. If the trial goes as we expect it will, the story is going to show a woman who had money and a fabulous career in London, gave it all up for love, and then became blind to the fact that her husband was taking her for a ride and eventually was brutally murdered by him I just hope that they don't make her out to be some type of fool because most people on here know she was a very clever lady. Just maybe a little naive when it came to her love for her husband. A lot of us ladies have been in bad relationships and have made excuses for our men, Lindsay wasn't the first and won't be the last. But I just know that TV programmes like to sensationalise things and avoid subtlety.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I wrote to the man (plus checked out the site online) and among other things,, here's what he has told me:

While we will obviously be covering the details of the crime this will not be the sole focus of the programme. We will approach the narrative so as to provide a sort of memorial to the victim and their life and where possible we will discuss issues that have arisen from the case and how they have affected the local community.

Lindsay was a dear friend of mine for almost 15 years and I wanted to be sure this wasn't about sensationism and would be respectfully done.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I wrote to the man (plus checked out the site online) and among other things,, here's what he has told me:

While we will obviously be covering the details of the crime this will not be the sole focus of the programme. We will approach the narrative so as to provide a sort of memorial to the victim and their life and where possible we will discuss issues that have arisen from the case and how they have affected the local community.

Lindsay was a dear friend of mine for almost 15 years and I wanted to be sure this wasn't about sensationism and would be respectfully done.

Just please be on your guard. Their key aim is to get people to watch the programme, so sensationalisation is something that sometimes they find too tempting to avoid.

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
ANYTHING that sheds light on the horrible criminal justice system in the DR is a good thing.
yes lupe..may be the horrible justice system is to blame...may be if you think you read a book and understand the latino culture...or may be ....just may be ..you find happiness with a young criminal. .even ...you are past your prime ....years. Love conquers all...except.....in real life...criminals will be criminals.. best not to associate with them

Reactions: Luperon and jd426

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
yes lupe..may be the horrible justice system is to blame...may be if you think you read a book and understand the latino culture...or may be ....just may be ..you find happiness with a young criminal. .even ...you are past your prime ....years. Love conquers all...except.....in real life...criminals will be criminals.. best not to associate with them
Sometimes it’s also best not to judge.
We are all only human.
And Lindsay was an amazing, intelligent, considerate person.
El fin por ahora.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Well I think it might be very tough viewing for a lot of people. If the trial goes as we expect it will, the story is going to show a woman who had money and a fabulous career in London, gave it all up for love, and then became blind to the fact that her husband was taking her for a ride and eventually was brutally murdered by him I just hope that they don't make her out to be some type of fool because most people on here know she was a very clever lady. Just maybe a little naive when it came to her love for her husband. A lot of us ladies have been in bad relationships and have made excuses for our men, Lindsay wasn't the first and won't be the last. But I just know that TV programmes like to sensationalise things and avoid subtlety.
Very sad but the best of us fall victim to denial.........

Reactions: jd426

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
Sometimes it’s also best not to judge.
We are all only human.
And Lindsay was an amazing, intelligent, considerate person.
El fin por ahora.
Auryn;...True and true..I judge ideas, not people....The idea that you can leave and find "LOVE" in the tropic islands....with a strapping young local lad.. and have happiness.. forever after, ,,,with a vagabundo, delincuente,.....is not there...

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Very sad but the best of us fall victim to denial.........
Sometimes good people fall victim to bad advice . even from their close friends ,who want them to be happy, so they dare not say what an outsider can see plain as day ... especially after the fake "robbery" and terrible beating , she should have been advised to RUN and never look back.. what may have once been true Love, was obviously not so any more ..
May she rest in Peace ,I feel so bad for her Mom and family . Our Prayers are with them ,always .

Reactions: USA DOC
Status
Not open for further replies.