Dominican Republic to require negative covid test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I don’t know anything, but highly doubt it. Have run the entire pandemic without it, would be horrible for tourism, and restrictions are currently being loosened not tightened.
Let's wait to see what, if anything, is officially announced. If every tourist must get a test before flying here, I agree it would be harmful and I don't think the Hotel Association would agree to that. However, if showing proof of vaccination is required or a recent test, I think it would be a good thing and could give tourists a greater sense of security as well as lessen the chance of an arriving tourist introducing covid into an hotel.

Reactions: campesinadeatl

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Let's wait to see what, if anything, is officially announced. If every tourist must get a test before flying here, I agree it would be harmful and I don't think the Hotel Association would agree to that. However, if showing proof of vaccination is required or a recent test, I think it would be a good thing and could give tourists a greater sense of security as well as lessen the chance of an arriving tourist introducing covid into an hotel.
I thought the vax made the effects of the Wuhan Virus less deadly but still transmissible. I don’t understand how it would lessen the chances of transmission.

Reactions: jd426

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
-My husband (dual DR/Canadian citizen) left Canada on Aug. 31. He had an overnight layover in Toronto, so had 2 flights to get to the DR.
-He was not asked about anything except the e-ticket at any part of his journey to PUJ.

-I left Canada on Friday, Sept. 3. We had an overnight layover in Toronto as well.
-Nothing about anything except the E ticket was mentioned until my flight out from Toronto to PUJ.
-The Air Canada gate agent made an announcement about 20 minutes before boarding. Three times she announced it.
-She said that all passengers must produce either a negative Covid test or proof of vaccination prior to boarding.
-I panicked, because all I had in my wallet was a little handwritten card from my provincial health authority with both vaccination dates. It was on cardboard and could have been easily forged.
-I logged into the website and took a screen shot of my vaccination dates.
-I waited a bit, went to a different gate agent to board, and was not asked anything further.

-Upon landing in PUJ, right off the tarmac, in the crazy winding line, there was an airport official directing people “with vaccination/ con vacuna”.
-The majority of people stopped in confusion and either tried to ask her questions about this, show her papers, some even had cards, but she seemed to be quite content with herding cats and didn’t care to see anything official. Pointing sufficed.
- I didn’t attempt to show her anything but ducked into the “vaccinated” line.
-No one asked me about vaccines after that.
-I didn’t ask anyone coming off that flight any details at baggage because we (myself and our twin 4 year olds) were tired, hot, and needed to find the car ASAP and get into the AC.

Long story short:
-There was no point to the gate agents announcement for proof of vaccination/negative Covid test in Toronto.

-There was no point of them asking who was vaccinated in PUJ.

-So far, that is what I experienced.
And to reiterate as in another thread on this topic, I’m only posting my experience and don’t care about opinions on this. These are facts on recent travel, nothing more.
-Don’t shoot the messenger.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I think that Anything that would hinder tourists from coming here....wont happen.
Or opposite tourist go where it’s safer …let’s face it sooner or later you ain’t flying or stepping on plane with out proof anywhere welcome to world in 2.0

• Haha
Reactions: jd426

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I thought the vax made the effects of the Wuhan Virus less deadly but still transmissible. I don’t understand how it would lessen the chances of transmission.
It lessons the chance and effect on you meaning less people sick.. less people in hospital ..in iCU ..more space in Hospital for Flu ,heart attack patients ,cancer treatment. Broken arms..etc..but you knew that already.

Reactions: OldSkool

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
You would think such a new requirement would show up here, but I don't see any vaccination or testing requirements announced for incoming people:

In any other country that would make sense a simple heads up..but we’ve all been here long enough to know how the ball rolls here and common sense is out the window..

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
It lessons the chance and effect on you meaning less people sick.. less people in hospital ..in iCU ..more space in Hospital for Flu ,heart attack patients ,cancer treatment. Broken arms..etc..but you knew that already.

So if you get the vax, why are you worried about me not getting the vax? If it indeed "lessens the chance and effect on you" then you have nothing to worry about if you've gotten your 3 or 4 shots (for now). I'm still confused as to why it's so important for the pro-vaxers (like Cap'n Vax and yourself) that the entire universe get vaxed.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
So if you get the vax, why are you worried about me not getting the vax? If it indeed "lessens the chance and effect on you" then you have nothing to worry about if you've gotten your 3 or 4 shots (for now). I'm still confused as to why it's so important for the pro-vaxers (like Cap'n Vax and yourself) that the entire universe get vaxed.
I'm not worried..

Big

Apr 24, 2019
It's like a bossy in-law and a nosey neighbor all rolled into one

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Because HE knows what is BEST for you ... you are not smart enough to know ....lmao

I'm not worried..
you sure have a lot of PASSION about it ..
why is that ? why are you so concerned what OTHER people do with THEIR BODIES ?

Reactions: twoinsosua

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You would think such a new requirement would show up here, but I don't see any vaccination or testing requirements announced for incoming people:

I did a search for el Plan de Recuperación Responsable del Turismo, Got an August 26 article from tourism association. Unfortunately Google automatically translated it from Spanish to English, and now it is hard to see so difficult to read.

This seems to give support to the idea that something is in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.