Cabarete Bypass Starting?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Equipment continues to disappear at the supposed bypass site. Went by on Thursday the 13th. Not many left now.
Maybe permits are lacking, engineering not complete or construction funds not allocated?

Reactions: USA DOC

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Maybe permits are lacking, engineering not complete or construction funds not allocated?
My guess is that it is a challenge to displace about 4,000 people living illegally in El Choco park.
The original route for the bypass would do just that.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
A couple of days ago, two machines were there. Maybe they took them to build the border wall?

Reactions: jd426

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
The plot thickens... red tour bus is onsite with remaining pieces of equipment & office trailers.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
The situation in Cabarete is being repeated throughout the country..This Government is nothing but empty words. On the autopista between SDQ and Bavaro, the roads and the bridges are quickly deteriorating to a stage where they are dangerous. Between Boca Chica and Juan Dolio you can no longer see the metal guide rails as they are covered by small trees that protrude onto the road. The Cabarete bypass is extremely important to the economy of that area and delays lose tourist dollars. The North Coast needs all the help it can get.

Reactions: cavok and windeguy

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
The situation in Cabarete is being repeated throughout the country..This Government is nothing but empty words. On the autopista between SDQ and Bavaro, the roads and the bridges are quickly deteriorating to a stage where they are dangerous. Between Boca Chica and Juan Dolio you can no longer see the metal guide rails as they are covered by small trees that protrude onto the road. The Cabarete bypass is extremely important to the economy of that area and delays lose tourist dollars. The North Coast needs all the help it can get.

Did you see the work they're doing between Andres and BC on the autopista? I never go east but they are really expanding the autopista between Andres and BC a lot. Been working on it for at least 6 months. Also putting in a new manual stairmaster (overpass) real close to my house.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Did you see the work they're doing between Andres and BC on the autopista? I never go east but they are really expanding the autopista between Andres and BC a lot. Been working on it for at least 6 months. Also putting in a new manual stairmaster (overpass) real close to my house.
It appears all that matters is the Santo Domingo and Punta Cana areas. Follow the money.

Cabarete? It gets "bypassed" once again. This despite Abinader having connections in Cabarete. Oh well.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

habi

Oct 17, 2015
And there we go again... the President never did say they will start the bypass now (see post 63)! It looks more like somebody wanted to get a ahead start IF something will be done and placed his equipment there...
You all should know by now that the government would have big signs all over the place to brag about what they may build!! :D

Reactions: jd426
Aug 21, 2007
The road to Moca and Santiago via Sabaneta and Jamao is in horrible shape. Hugs pot holes all over the mountain make it dangerous driving and hard on the car. This route is used by public transportation and also trucks carrying good to Jamao, Cabarete, and other communities. A few years ago I hired someone to count how many vehicles passed over the Jamao bridge. The average was 500.

Jamao held a meeting with the authorities who examined the road and agreed to begin work immediately to remedy the problem. The following day, an asphalt truck patched a few random areas. That was 2 weeks ago and nothing was done since.

The process of planning and executing projects in this country makes no sense. I agree, attention is being given to the areas with the most money.

Reactions: cavok

Big

Apr 24, 2019
The last time I paid attention attention to the equipment that was on the side of the road entering Cab. there was an old dozer and an excavator. I have not seen them moved in many months. If there is going to be a by-pass road it is a loooonnng way off

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
It will be 10 years before the bypass is ever completed - at whish point traffic in Cabarete will be a total nightmare.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
It will be 10 years before the bypass is ever completed - at whish point traffic in Cabarete will be a total nightmare.

In fairness traffic in Santo Domingo is already a nightmare and has been such for many years now. And the government has just had a pandemic to deal with, I think we can maybe cut them a little slack for not prioritising Cabarete.