No Water in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

DB1

Mar 15, 2021
sosua
For two months Sosua and a great part of North Coast is without water and no one in the press or govrnment appears to even notice it, much less do somthing about it.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The squeaky wheel may get some grease. Contact the Mayor or your city council person and see what they have to say. I think the Mayor has a Facebook page. FB and twitter posts seem to get the attention of the politicians sometimes. You could always reach out to a reporter from one of the big daily newspapers and see if that gets any interest. Sosua has had water deliver issues for as long as I can remember.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This is what happens when the government runs a utility. The corruption is incredible with the guy who was in charge of Coraaplata in the town actually having a water delivery service on the side. We used to have 35 to 40 pounds of pressure all the time years ago. For the past several years it has been 15 pounds and they turn it off completely at least 2 days a week. An incredible company they are. Ludicrous.

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
For two months Sosua and a great part of North Coast is without water and no one in the press or government appears to even notice it, much less do somthing about it.
Historically, during PLD Governments, they never noticed that. For example, the area in Santo Domingo where Leonel Fernandez and Maria Cedeño live, doesn't have water for years. All new towers in the area are built with water wells, all older towers and private houses drilled them as well. If some building in the area has a problem with their well, you see water trucks coming to them every other day.

So if they never noticed that the building where the President and then vice president live has no water supply, how can they notice that there's no water somewhere in Sosua? I bet Sosua Mayor has a water well in his residence too.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
why worry about things like water, a functioning sewage system, massive pot holes and electricity when there are more important things to worry about. Like Chicas running around in spandex with high heels. That's where all the resources are devoted.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
For two months Sosua and a great part of North Coast is without water and no one in the press or govrnment appears to even notice it, much less do somthing about it.
Where are you located? I am in Sosua and we have no water problem. It sounds like a localized problem. Having no water in your area doesn't mean Sosoua and whole North Coast doesn't

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
why worry about things like water, a functioning sewage system, massive pot holes and electricity when there are more important things to worry about. Like Chicas running around in spandex with high heels. That's where all the resources are devoted.

There are many municipalities throughout the RD that do have water, functioning sewage systems, 24/7 electricity, and roads without potholes.
Some should feel free to expand their horizons, of course, if they so choose.
Life is full of choices.

Reactions: Buck

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
This is what happens when the government runs a utility. The corruption is incredible with the guy who was in charge of Coraaplata in the town actually having a water delivery service on the side. We used to have 35 to 40 pounds of pressure all the time years ago. For the past several years it has been 15 pounds and they turn it off completely at least 2 days a week. An incredible company they are. Ludicrous.
My country, the UK, had government run water companies until quite recently. There was always water. Now that it has been privatised it is no better for anyone except the company shareholders. There is no reason why the DR cannot run a successful water distribution operation, but first they have to get rid of waste and corruption.

Reactions: jinty05

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
There are many municipalities throughout the RD that do have water, functioning sewage systems, 24/7 electricity, and roads without potholes.
Life is full of choices.

Boca Chica is one of them, as is San Pedro. The electricity is close to 24/7, maybe 22.75/6.4. Never ever had a water problem, although now we are on a well.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
My country, the UK, had government run water companies until quite recently. There was always water. Now that it has been privatised it is no better for anyone except the company shareholders. There is no reason why the DR cannot run a successful water distribution operation, but first they have to get rid of waste and corruption.
In my country in all the years I lived there...not one time did the water or electricity go out ...never...and thats the local goverments running the water and electric service... when I was a child I still remember the electric company running commercals on TV, and saying "electric is penny cheap" and it was.. when I moved from Minnesota about 6 years ago my water bill a month was $12 and electric was about $30... you should get some of those people down here to run things.............

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Life is full of choices.
I am sure Sosua proper has water, not so sure about the fringes. At least they did a few days ago when I was in a restaurant washing my hands. The sewage and drainage system has always had problems. Think about that next time it rains and you see 6 to 8 inches of water on P/C. If you have a cut on your foot it might need to be amputated at the knee

Reactions: jinty05

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
HAHA ... Rewarding himself Financially for doing a bad job... you gotta love the DR

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
In my country in all the years I lived there...not one time did the water or electricity go out ...never...and thats the local goverments running the water and electric service... when I was a child I still remember the electric company running commercals on TV, and saying "electric is penny cheap" and it was.. when I moved from Minnesota about 6 years ago my water bill a month was $12 and electric was about $30... you should get some of those people down here to run things.............

Same in Scandinavia. Just checked, all the water and electricity suppliers (yes, you can bid on your electricity supplier sometimes, but the physical wires will be of local govt anyway...) are 100 % government owned and operated. Blackouts/issues/water deficit? Never...

My opinion, the problem is not that it's government run, the problem is that the govt here is useless... At least has been...

Go to any public facility and compare to a private one.... Like day and night... Yes, there is a difference in my country as well, but nothing that can be compared to the situation here...

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I am sure Sosua proper has water, not so sure about the fringes. At least they did a few days ago when I was in a restaurant washing my hands. The sewage and drainage system has always had problems. Think about that next time it rains and you see 6 to 8 inches of water on P/C. If you have a cut on your foot it might need to be amputated at the knee
Yes, there are communities outside Sosua that have trouble with water, electricity, etc.

The good news is that there was a thread recently quoting the head of the water company's commitment to get this long standing problem corrected. He attributed it to poor management and corruption in previous years..

I expect him to make good on his promise. The new government is trying to set itself apart from the problems and practices of the previous government..

Reactions: jinty05 and Olly

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
As posted on the CORAAPPLATA: ¡Ahora es 13 de septiembre y todavía no hay agua hasta 31st Augusto! ¿Puede proporcionar una actualización sobre las reparaciones y un pronóstico de cuándo en Perla Marina tendremos agua?

Coraapplata was repairing the 30 inch main that feeds this area (Cabarete, Perla Marina, Sea horse Ranch) and was supposed to be finished on the 8th September but still no water here in Perla Marina. does anybody have water from them. If so post where you are to help see haw far they have got. Thanks
Olly

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
I know that no one wants to hear this.
Over 5 years with no Coriplata water and no our choice. Just no water.
Rain harvest and well with R.O. systems have worked very well.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I've left countless messages in the past weeks with Coraapplata in Puerto Plata and never had my calls returned. A disgusting company with no accountability.

Doesn't help those not getting water, except lessen the likelihood of being charged anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.