Operation Falcon ends years of tolerance to drug trafficking in Santiago and the East

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Procuraduria-2-Acento-1024x681.jpg
STO01. SANTO DOMINGO (REPÚBLICA DOMINICANA), 13/01/17.- Vista del edificio de la Procuraduría General de la República y de la Corte Suprema de Justicia hoy, viernes 13 de enero de 2017, donde el procurador general, Jean Alain Rodríguez, está investigando a la constructora brasileña Odebrecht sobre los supuestos sobornos millonarios que la empresa pagó en el país, en Santo Domingo (República Dominicana). Esta tarde se vence el plazo otorgado por la Procuraduría General de la República a la empresa constructora Odebrecht, para que entregue los documentos de contratos y los nombres implicados en el soborno de 92 millones de dólares desde Brasil. EFE/Orlando Barría

Operation Falcon is the lead story in the Dominican Republic with reporters filing stories based on accusations drafted by the Public Prosecutor’s Office. After decades of tolerance by the local justice, drug control...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Almost laughable that a US$180 million drug bust is the largest ever. The drug trade in this country runs into billions not millions. However I must say that the Government Press Agency is developing a knack of making everything very rosey.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The dealers always find a way to get more covert and pay off the right people.
This drug trade will not go away, likely not even be slowed down.
More sophisticated people will come along, likely not wearing big gold chains and booming reggaetón from oversized speakers in Range Rovers.
When billions can be made the greedy money worshipping cockroaches will multiply

Mm530

Dec 28, 2014
More sophisticated people will come along, likely not wearing big gold chains and booming reggaetón from oversized speakers in Range Rovers.
When billions can be made the greedy money worshipping cockroaches will multiply
In DR they play dembow not reggeaton (which is from Puerto Rico) .... this is key

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I remember several years ago in Colombia my ex and I meeting with a Colombian I had met in Miami on a real estate course where he was a realtor. He was very decent upper class type and it was in Medellin. He said today’s drug lords has learned from the Escobar past and now lived less ostentatious I think is the word. Living in more modest accommodations and driving a middle sized car etc… It made me wonder about him and his wealthy family lol I have not kept in touch as it was right before social media really took off.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I remember several years ago in Colombia my ex and I meeting with a Colombian I had met in Miami on a real estate course where he was a realtor. He was very decent upper class type and it was in Medellin. He said today’s drug lords has learned from the Escobar past and now lived less ostentatious I think is the word. Living in more modest accommodations and driving a middle sized car etc… It made me wonder about him and his wealthy family lol I have not kept in touch as it was right before social media really took off.
I had a friend living in Napa California (going back 40+ years).
He was friends with a hippie looking couple from Mendocino, CA who had several illegal marijuana grow operations on the northern coast of California.
While I met them when visiting him I did not realize how wealthy they were.
He had been helping them by laundering money through his moderate sized commercial construction business and often kept hundreds of thousands wrapped in tin foil in his freezer which I saw, until he 'washed it' through his business. They made him a partner in their land purchases just because they had too much cash coming in.
They bought several properties together in the US and a couple outside.
Never arrested and they all retired well-heeled. All very intelligent people, they knew how to stay below the law enforcement radar.
I suspect the better-educated Dominicans involved in trafficking have likewise insulated themselves.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I had a friend living in Napa California (going back 40+ years).
He was friends with a hippie looking couple from Mendocino, CA who had several illegal marijuana grow operations on the northern coast of California.
While I met them when visiting him I did not realize how wealthy they were.
He had been helping them by laundering money through his moderate sized commercial construction business and often kept hundreds of thousands wrapped in tin foil in his freezer which I saw, until he 'washed it' through his business. They made him a partner in their land purchases just because they had too much cash coming in.
They bought several properties together in the US and a couple outside.
Never arrested and they all retired well-heeled. All very intelligent people, they knew how to stay below the law enforcement radar.
I suspect the better-educated Dominicans involved in trafficking have likewise insulated themselves.
I tend to along with you.

Although a lot of what I consider to be educated Dominicans have been exposed and arrested lately.