E-Ticket (Can't enter the DR without this)

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
The airport officials at the beginning of each que /line leading to the ticket agent desk asked to see the E Ticket (and passports). They put happy face stickers on the passports and let those with it filled out through to the ticket agent desk.

The ticket agent asked to see the E ticket and Negative Covid Test. He asked if I was double vaccinated and if I had filled out ArriveCAN. He did not ask to see any part of those.

Reactions: cavok

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
I kept my screen shots of everything on my phone in a separate folder for easy access.
Honestly, carrying that much paper work, plus a paper boarding pass is my worst nightmare. I would print all this (just in case) when I travel again.

This trip, I didn’t print anything and made sure my phone was charged. A dead phone would mean a missed flight.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
Maybe a bit off-topic but, has anybody flown to Germany recently? I'm going to fly to Sweden in October, but I have to pass through Germany as there are no direct flights to Sweden from DR. I'm flying from POP. And being a Swedish national, and also Dominican (Naturalization), to get into Sweden I don't need any tests or vaccinations. However, I'm vaccinated, sadly though with the Sinovac only, so Germany doesn't recognize it (just as so many other European countries). According to some sources, as I'm actually not going to enter into Germany, only transit, I would be exempted from the test requirements that were put in place from Aug 1st. However, there are conflicting information, as some of their websites "clarifies" that it's only applicable if transiting from a 3rd country to another 3rd country (non-EU country).
So although I don't want to pay for a test, seeing that I might actually not need it, in POP La Referencia, according to their website, they only provide the Antigen test, and according to the German authorities, it would only be "valid" for 48 hours. So if I do it the day I fly out, it could possibly be invalid when I reach Germany. Does anybody know of anywhere else they do "valid" tests in POP that doesn't take 1-3 days to get the result?
And just to add to this topic, a friend of mine, she was coming back through Germany in July with Condor, and because she hadn't filled out the e-ticket, she was not denied boarding, and because of the poor internet connection in Germany, she was not able to fill it out during the time she was in the airport. So she missed that flight and had to purchase tickets to the flight the following day. So, I would also recommend filling out the e-ticket at least 1 day before departure.
Just one question for those who have double nationality. As there is only a question if you are holding a residency card, not if you are a Dominican citizen, what did you fill out as the number of days you've been here in the country? It only allows you between 1-120 days, and last time I came back was in 2017.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Maybe a bit off-topic but, has anybody flown to Germany recently? I'm going to fly to Sweden in October, but I have to pass through Germany as there are no direct flights to Sweden from DR. I'm flying from POP. And being a Swedish national, and also Dominican (Naturalization), to get into Sweden I don't need any tests or vaccinations. However, I'm vaccinated, sadly though with the Sinovac only, so Germany doesn't recognize it (just as so many other European countries). According to some sources, as I'm actually not going to enter into Germany, only transit, I would be exempted from the test requirements that were put in place from Aug 1st. However, there are conflicting information, as some of their websites "clarifies" that it's only applicable if transiting from a 3rd country to another 3rd country (non-EU country).
So although I don't want to pay for a test, seeing that I might actually not need it, in POP La Referencia, according to their website, they only provide the Antigen test, and according to the German authorities, it would only be "valid" for 48 hours. So if I do it the day I fly out, it could possibly be invalid when I reach Germany. Does anybody know of anywhere else they do "valid" tests in POP that doesn't take 1-3 days to get the result?
And just to add to this topic, a friend of mine, she was coming back through Germany in July with Condor, and because she hadn't filled out the e-ticket, she was not denied boarding, and because of the poor internet connection in Germany, she was not able to fill it out during the time she was in the airport. So she missed that flight and had to purchase tickets to the flight the following day. So, I would also recommend filling out the e-ticket at least 1 day before departure.
Just one question for those who have double nationality. As there is only a question if you are holding a residency card, not if you are a Dominican citizen, what did you fill out as the number of days you've been here in the country? It only allows you between 1-120 days, and last time I came back was in 2017.
Get the information from Condor and tell them you are going in transit, they will know for sure if to have Sinovac its and Issue, If I were your I would take the Booster from Pfizer a week before your flight. i got my booster a lot ppl I know is taking it too.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I also decided to have Pfizer shots even though I had had 2 Sinovac shots. Saves hassles. I had a look at a few sites about transiting in Germany and they all say that you do not have to adhere to German Covid protocols if you are transiting AND do not leave the transit zone. I only know Frankfurt airport , one of the most confusing in the world, and it is quite impossible when you land from say USA or Singapore or Latin America which are international flights and then want to go on to another EU country. You have to go through several gates and it is often quite a long walk. So I would say that you must follow German protocols and that means Sinovac is not acceptable . There is just one other possible concern and that is the vaccine form or passport. According to the German website,it must be either the EU digital form or the WHO vaccination booklet. I would definitely contact your airline.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
Get the information from Condor and tell them you are going in transit, they will know for sure if to have Sinovac its and Issue, If I were your I would take the Booster from Pfizer a week before your flight. i got my booster a lot ppl I know is taking it too.
Thanks for the advice, that's what I'm gonna do anyway as I want to avoid being at the check-in desk and they tell me something and I have a printout from the German government saying something different. I was just wondering if anybody had traveled that way lately and had any experience, as things change so fast lately, it might change from when I'm leaving anyway, For the booster shot, well it kind of doesn't really matter, they still need you to be "fully" vaccinated, so that's 2 shots of Pfizer, and it has to have passed 2 weeks after the 2nd for you to be "accepted". So that's kind of a moot point at this time for me.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
My brother flew back to DR today with Delta JFK-SDQ DL917 at 11:36 am landed, He told me they was askeing for e-ticket while in line before check-in, and before boarding they announced people with not e-ticket will not be permit to board the plane without e-ticket.
At SDQ asked for e-ticket in custom. Migration already had his info.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
How far ahead of when you travel can you fill out the e-ticket? As long as you have a ticket with a number on it, could it be obtained far in advance and held until needed?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The trouble w/ 60 days advance....

when arriving USA- you state your health symptoms.... 72hr window for that
better to do the form 2-3 days in advance -- IMO....

Reactions: cavok

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The trouble w/ 60 days advance....

when arriving USA- you state your health symptoms.... 72hr window for that
better to do the form 2-3 days in advance -- IMO....
The E Ticket is not the health form. The health form you can fill out and print. It is the one you get when you check in at the airport. It does say no symptoms within 72 hours and a few other options. You can print it, date it for the day of flight, sign it and produce it at check in at the airport. But it has nothing to do with the E Ticket...............

Reactions: BermudaRum

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
The E Ticket is not the health form. The health form you can fill out and print. It is the one you get when you check in at the airport. It does say no symptoms within 72 hours and a few other options. You can print it, date it for the day of flight, sign it and produce it at check in at the airport. But it has nothing to do with the E Ticket...............
WHAT??? The health form is part and parcel of the e ticket that is used for immigration and customs. This is ridiculous. 553 post and still incorrect information. Carry on....fill out with pencil, pen or blood...do whatever you want. I will continue with the three part applicaton which is an E-Form. Can 7 times (my experience) be wrong?

Reactions: Riva_31

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
WHAT??? The health form is part and parcel of the e ticket that is used for immigration and customs. This is ridiculous. 553 post and still incorrect information. Carry on....fill out with pencil, pen or blood...do whatever you want. I will continue with the three part applicaton which is an E-Form. Can 7 times (my experience) be wrong?
When you check in you must fill out or have another form for the US. It is simple, check a box, date it, and sign it. The E Ticket is for customs in the DR, the other form is the one the US requires. They give it to you at the airport, simple.

Read this part PASSENGER ATTESTATION REQUIREMENT

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I think we're talking about two different things and that form must be new because none of my friends have been given that form when departing the DR. The health form that's part of the E-Ticket is for entering the DR.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
This is NOT the E Ticket and accompanies your Covid test. You have to fill it out. And it is not new. I have had it at least 4 times leaving here. You can just go to the link I gave you and fill it out and print it with your departure date. Or get it at the departure counter.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
This is NOT the E Ticket and accompanies your Covid test. You have to fill it out. And it is not new. I have had it at least 4 times leaving here. You can just go to the link I gave you and fill it out and print it with your departure date. Or get it at the departure counter.
All I can say is that none of my friends have ever mentioned it when leaving POP and no word of it until now has been posted here(?). When you are flying to the DR, a DR health statement is part of the E-Ticket.