Back to school

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Really, many of our clients dont want their children wearing masks in class and no children are not super spreaders, the opposite in fact.
Are you saying that children can't catch and spread Covid-19? Where is your evidence for that - from a real, professional source, that is.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Are you saying that children can't catch and spread Covid-19? Where is your evidence for that - from a real, professional source, that is.
There have been numerous reports including from the CDC and the WHO stating that young children get less of a viral load and are less prone to covid infection. Certainly that doesn't mean they don't get it. We have two students, same family, age 11 and 12 that currently tested positive, fortunately before school started. Both are asymptomatic as is their mother. Only the father has bad symptoms, but he is home and recovering. We had in class students for 5 months last year; not one case.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The back and forth bickering stops now.

Topic is back to school, not a rehash of your mask controversy.
It is great to have kids back in school.

Attachments

• 20210922_163351.jpg
    20210922_163351.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 117
  • 20210922_134746.jpg
    20210922_134746.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 113
  • 20210922_104800.jpg
    20210922_104800.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 118

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Latest update today.. Kids came home at 12. No breakfast served which is normally the case.
Now they go for only half days for 2 weeks. Masks reguired. Classes outside near music playing loudly.

Any excuse at all to not really work for the teachers.

One teacher in the church told everyone not to send their kids as there was not the new corona virus.

No school here ever if it is raining will rain or did rain.
noschool for my kids yesterday and today. Tomorrow a holiday. imgine after one year still no education

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
noschool for my kids yesterday and today. Tomorrow a holiday. imgine after one year still no education
However the Prez has announced plans for the DR to become competitive globally. So you don’t need to educate your population for that.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Well still no school for my kid. Grade three. Virtual assignments only. First one was , make a video saying what you want to learn at school.Number two explain your full name and how it came about. number three I didn't read, I lost it and refuse to read anymore garbage. If they open next week to in class then she will attend but Im not going to waste my time with this virtual trash.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
They are still painting and doing repairs to most of the public schools. We, of course are open. Tomorrow all schools are closed as it is a national holiday, shouldnt be but it is.

Reactions: JD Jones

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Latest update today.. Kids came home at 12. No breakfast served which is normally the case.
Now they go for only half days for 2 weeks. Masks reguired. Classes outside near music playing loudly.

Any excuse at all to not really work for the teachers.

One teacher in the church told everyone not to send their kids as there was not the new corona virus.

No school here ever if it is raining will rain or did rain.
No surprise there....it was in the news that the government didnt pay the suppliers for the food they gave out at the schools during the computer learning days..........

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I assume that you have not read the moderator's comment: "Topic is back to school, not a rehash of your mask controversy."
Mask controversy is part and parcel with back to school. We have quite a few would be clients that refuse to get the vaccine. My wife decided parents or caregivers of the students have to show proof of vaccine for their children to attend school. This has especially been difficult for our Haitian clients who either won't get the vaccine because they are afraid of it or they are illegal and have no papers to show when getting the vaccine. People with valid medical exemptions are not required to get the vaccine for their children to attend the school.