Flights to and from DR-Europe

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
What are the different options right now flying to Europe and what to do regarding vaccination or test. I am considering flying SD - Madrid - Hamburg with Iberia and then with train to Denmark. What experiences do DR1 members have recently?

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Iberia is about the best option, they fly twice a day some days and once a day other days. Arrives T4S in Madrid. From what I have heard Business is nice on Iberia, and Economy is dire. Isn't there a flight from Madrid to Denmark? The less countries you transit through at the moment the better as each one has different requirements for tests and paperwork.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Iberia is about the best option, they fly twice a day some days and once a day other days. Arrives T4S in Madrid. From what I have heard Business is nice on Iberia, and Economy is dire. Isn't there a flight from Madrid to Denmark? The less countries you transit through at the moment the better as each one has different requirements for tests and paperwork.
Last christmas I went SD - Miami - Heathrow - Copenhagen and then train but then on the way back actually went Aarhus train to Hamburg and flew to Madrid and to SD. It worked well and I stayed one night near Hamburg airport. Hamburg is actually not that far from Aarhus in Denmark and even last March when I went during pandemic they didn’t even check passport at Danish-German border. From here will be easier. Looked at a flight and arrives early afternoon in Hamburg so lots of time to get on train and no need for staying the night there. But there is no direct Madrid to Denmark flight surprisingly. I remember in the old days there were but now only direct to Malaga as many Danes live and go on vacation there. I discovered this Hamburg to Madrid option last March for going back but the combination doesn’t come up every day. Something like twice a week.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Iberia announced will increase feom 11 to 13 flights a week so soon only 6 days with 2 flights a day

jfk66

Dec 31, 2004
TUI FLY from Santo Domingo & Punta cana twice a week to Brussels. No requirements in Belgium for testing/vaccination if you will stay in Belgium less than 48 hours. You however need to fill in the Belgian "Passenger Location Form" online before the travel.

Reactions: aarhus

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
TUI FLY from Santo Domingo & Punta cana twice a week to Brussels. No requirements in Belgium for testing/vaccination if you will stay in Belgium less than 48 hours. You however need to fill in the Belgian "Passenger Location Form" online before the travel.
Thanks good to know and I know SAS flies to Denmark from Bruxelles.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
What are the different options right now flying to Europe and what to do regarding vaccination or test. I am considering flying SD - Madrid - Hamburg with Iberia and then with train to Denmark. What experiences do DR1 members have recently?
Condor

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Condor

This is a really good option actually SD to Frankfurt and from there direct even to Billund airport in Denmark which nearer my final destination. Thanks.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I am looking at getting two Pfizer shots before I travel but if I don’t need it better. For instance via Bruxelles it seems not and in Denmark they let me in with test I believe and they are offering the one shot Johnson to Danish expats.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
I'm traveling with Condor in a couple of weeks from POP to FRA and then onwards to Sweden. The best option for me, Edelweiss is extremely expensive, about double what I paid for my ticket with Condor (and also ONLY from ZRH, not the other way around). And TUI Belgium is probably a "good" economical option as they only charge around €250 between SD/PUJ - BRU. But I don't want to have to travel to SDQ and I would have to book a separate ticket to Sweden by myself, instead of with Condor one ticket for both legs.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I'm traveling with Condor in a couple of weeks from POP to FRA and then onwards to Sweden. The best option for me, Edelweiss is extremely expensive, about double what I paid for my ticket with Condor (and also ONLY from ZRH, not the other way around). And TUI Belgium is probably a "good" economical option as they only charge around €250 between SD/PUJ - BRU. But I don't want to have to travel to SDQ and I would have to book a separate ticket to Sweden by myself, instead of with Condor one ticket for both legs.
Yes it’s important that they are connecting. The SD - Madrid - Hamburg would be all Iberia. I don’t mind SD and will spend some days there before I travel. So is it also Condor to Sweden ?

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
You get service to Billund if more convenient.
Condor flyes to POP-SDQ-PUJ
Yeah SDQ to Frankfurt and then Billund. An excellent option. Billund airport started because Lego is there and the management wanted international flights to London and Frankfurt especially and now it has turned into the second most important airport in Denmark after Copenhagen and the most important in Jutland where Aarhus is located where I am going.