where to buy "topas" (toilet seats) in Santo Domingo or Samana

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
writing all these down...guess I'll drive 2 hours each way and hit the 5-6 hardware stores to find a stupid toilet seat - argghhh
It is 97 kms to SAN FRANCISCO DE MACORIS, which is where Bellon is in the link I posted. I am sure you could find one in Sanchez or Samana.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I think the reality in DR is that if you need to buy anything but the basics, very often you need to go to Santiago, Bavaro or the capital.

Reactions: aarhus

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
As long as we are on the subject...What is the real reason why there are so many toilets without seats (tapas) in the D.R.?

Reactions: aarhus

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
My sister installed new higher toilets with self-closing lids. Now no reason to leave it up......or so that theory goes

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
Yes, AM-A-ZON. this is too funny. AMAZON. Say it with me now: AM-A-ZON!! It’s 2021. We’re ALL staring at a computers RIGHT NOW. Duh ! Close the thread, CLOSE THE THREAD
(potty seats, REALLY???)

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
A thread about toilet seats. What next a thread about where to find light switches.
Just hire a guy who gets high on the smell of a hardware store - they will be back with what you need before you are ready for rice and beans
If it were me, I'd just buy another toilet and be done with it, rather than spend time and money driving around searching.

The chinese ones are dirt cheap and even the better ones aren't much more expensive.

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
Welcome to the DR where many forgo the seat entirely after the first one breaks.

Those who want a new one will get the cheap Chinese crapper replacement one.

I can't imagine not having a toilet seat, esp after someone pisses in your toilet
Incidentally, if you go to Walmart, Home Depot, Lowe's etc in the US, all the toilet seats are made in China it seems -

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I can't imagine not having a toilet seat, esp after someone pisses in your toilet
Incidentally, if you go to Walmart, Home Depot, Lowe's etc in the US, all the toilet seats are made in China it seems -
Haha not my two older brothers Pressalit toilet seats. Made in Denmark. It’s very automated with robots. They sell mostly in Europe though.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
As long as we are on the subject...What is the real reason why there are so many toilets without seats (tapas) in the D.R.?

People like 2020 who don't know where to find them.
They'll go to the bakery bathroom, remove the seat and take it home.

Some Dominicans know where to get them but follow 2020"s lead,
or save the money altogether.

BTW. same reason why metal storm drain covers are stolen,$RD

In all of my world travels I have always figured out where to buy a toilet seat, TV, Fridge or sandals.
For others this poses insurmountable problems which require social media help. 😀😂😀

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
I understand some things are difficult to source locally here and I might be terribly wrong here, but Las Terrenas being tourist destination and all, there is nothing locally or nearby? My mother-in-law lives in a campo and there are definitely stores for this very near... They are not Ochoa or other brand name ferreterias but locally owned businesses... if they have no such thing, they should be able to find one...

In POP, you can get one from La Sirena or any hardware store, but granted, if you need a special one, it might not fit... I hope the OP does not need to waste all that time and gas just for a toilet seat...
finally found the right one - the correct size and color at a hardware store further away.
Bellon Ferreteria has an organized selection if anyone is in the hunt for one

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Whew, we can finally put the seat down on this thread.
🤣🤣🤣

Closed.
2DC151FB-8E88-4DD7-A927-51982FE545E3.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.