Traffic Stop Police Kills Architect

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I did not read ANYTHING about it .
Just going by what I heard from Dominicans living in the DR . Not sure how accurate DR news is .
but she damaged his Moto supposedly, and he wanted money , she refused, and refused to open her window , he road Raged on her , and shot through the window , and then a couple more times .. The guy is an animal and should be put down .
Does this match ? im curious .
I don’t know but here is the video clip from Diaro Libre

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
a police officer will never shoot anyone inside a SUV. people who drive certain types of SUVs are well connected folks. if there was an elegant woman inside, then the chances of her getting shot by a police officer becomes zero. I didn't read the article but someone mentioned that the guy in motorcycle shot her accidently. I would would lean towards this version of the story. the police always take out their weapon and point it towards you. I had a policeman point his weapon at me, to my face when I rolled my window down. so yes, these idiots do this sort of stuff on regular basis. i guess when he was tapping on the glass with the gun in hand, he must have squeezed the trigger by accident. in any case, this policeman is in serious trouble.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
update:
so i have just talked to a famous Tv reporter in person. he was in my office. I didn't read the article but i have been informed that she hit his bike and he chased her down. seem like he didn't know it was a woman inside because the windows were black. he shot a few times towards the car and one bullet hit her which proved to be fatal. he is in jail now and the book will be thrown at him.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Her vehicle has a lot of front end damage so she hit something. I am not saying its the case here but there is so many "entitled and self important" people driving around S.D and parking where ever they want its a wonder there is not more road rage incidents. I park and take taxi's Less stress.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Her vehicle has a lot of front end damage so she hit something. I am not saying its the case here but there is so many "entitled and self important" people driving around S.D and parking where ever they want its a wonder there is not more road rage incidents. I park and take taxi's Less stress.
That might have been from AFTER she was fatally shot ..
The word on the street is it was MINOR damage, and she just wanted to go .. and he was not hurt .
he definitely shot her in a fit of Road Rage . it was no accident
He was OFF duty. so the " Policia ,stop" order does not hold water as a Defense ..
He is a piece of isht , there is no doubt about it .. but the FACTS of HOW it went down are still very much in question .
He may be lying about shooting At the car to get it to stop . but that is also very wrong .
He is toast , no matter what is found out ..but its not enough . this woman was Executed for doing minor damage to his Moto .
I am very curious about the Front end Damage now .

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
She was from a very prominent family so there is no doubt the shooter is facing an uphill climb, but since he fired 3 times there is no doubt ( none ) that he accidently discharge the weapon.
I would expect he will receive at least 10 years

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
the POLICE , Off duty or not , are PART of that Danger people like her have to worry about now ?
As far as I know, this has been the case for many many years... A few years back, my father-in-law (a business owner, carries his licensed gun for safety) told me that the PN here is the lowest s**m available, to always stay away from them...

Back in my country, the police is your trustworthy friend... Here, I don't know what on earth they are, but I just keep away from them...

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
He was "Off-Duty", did he pull the gun right away?

Out of uniform she would not have known he was a cop and be afraid.

I'm no expert here, but should an off-duty officer even have a gun? Yes, in particular without an uniform, I would be afraid as well...

Reactions: NanSanPedro

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
29 posts and not a single person has asked about health and well-being of this officer's family (including his two children)
who were knocked off the motorbike and left lying on the pavement?
Nothing mentioned about it in the media either?
Dominican Today has since removed the statement from this article published earlier this morning
when they said "his 9 month old baby was also knocked to the ground"

Police say it was an off-duty corporal who killed architect Leslie Rosado
Santo Domingo, DR -
According to the National Police, an off-duty corporal killed architect Leslie Rosado on Saturday night in the vicinity of Boca Chica.

According to a preliminary report, Corporal Janli Disla Batista, 30 years old, was traveling with his wife and children on a motorcycle when around 7:30 pm, he was hit in the back by Leslie Rosado, who was driving a white Mercedes Benz GLE 450.

The document says that Disla’s family was left lying on the pavement while the architect did not stop on the spot, so the agent enlisted the help of another person to pursue the vehicle.

Sounds like a classic "case" of the upper-class "Haves" not having much respect for the lower-class "Have Nots"
and appears the officer made the unfortunate decision to settle this "case" out of court.

Sad this guy's kids ended up on the pavement.
Sad some people seem to think the lower class are just trash.
Sad this chic got popped with her daughter sitting next to her in the front seat.
Sad so many people from both the upper and lower class have so little respect for each other.
RIP.
Welcome To Wonderland.

Nobody

18+++
Apr 10, 2020
29 posts and not a single person has asked about health and well-being of this officer's family (including his two children)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The document says that Disla’s family was left lying on the pavement while the architect did not stop on the spot, so the agent enlisted the help of another person to pursue the vehicle.

So, officer Disla LEFT his family lying on the pavement to pursue the vehicle.

I would thus think they were not hurt in that leaving them lying on the pavement was not very important to him.

Reactions: chico bill

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
So, officer Disla LEFT his family lying on the pavement to pursue the vehicle.

I would thus think they were not hurt in that leaving them lying on the pavement was not very important to him.
Let's not make any assumptions.
Would you please be so kind as to provide us with an update on these children's conditions?
Thanks in advance.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
According to ListinDiaro published a short while ago....

"According to a medical certification carried out at the Boca Chica municipal hospital by a doctor with the surname Beriguete with exequatur 207-17, it cites that "the 9-month-old infant does not present visible traumas or lacerations at the time of the evaluation." , after he was taken by Disla Batista's wife to the medical center after the "traffic accident."

Question answered.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Dominican Today has since removed the statement from this article published earlier this morning

Santo Domingo, DR -
According to the National Police, an off-duty corporal killed architect Leslie Rosado on Saturday night in the vicinity of Boca Chica.

According to a preliminary report, Corporal Janli Disla Batista, 30 years old, was traveling with his wife and children on a motorcycle when around 7:30 pm, he was hit in the back by Leslie Rosado, who was driving a white Mercedes Benz GLE 450.

Sounds like a classic "case" of the upper-class "Haves" not having much respect for the lower-class "Have Nots"
and appears the officer made the unfortunate decision to settle this "case" out of court.

Sad this chic got popped with her daughter sitting next to her in the front seat.
Sad so many people from both the upper and lower class have so little respect for each other.
RIP.
Welcome To Wonderland.

Well said. I was thinking that all this started when she knocked the guy and his family off his bike and then drove off, no wonder he was so angry with her". But you were right to say this, there is clearly another side to this story.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Apart from this particular case many Dominicans are very concerned with the rise in crime and how the PN operates. This audio is a testimonial from a lady who was being followed by several police motos who wanted her to stop and she wouldn’t as she had done nothing. In the early evening in Arroyo Hondo.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Well said. I was thinking that all this started when she knocked the guy and his family off his bike and then drove off, no wonder he was so angry with her". But you were right to say this, there is clearly another side to this story.
It’s true there is another side. But still what happened to noting down her number plates and taking photos and then reporting it at the nearest police station. He drives after her and kills her. I don’t see any self defense type thing. A defenseless pregnant women and with her 15 year old daughter.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013

Santo Domingo, DR -

RIP.
Welcome To Wonderland.

You could also add that it is also sad that a police officer, no less, finds it acceptable to pile his family of 4--- including a 9 month old infant --- on a motorbike, at night, with zero thoughts of how things could turn south real quick.

As I said in post #2, this incident has so many things wrong with it, it could be a caricature of what is wrong with the DR.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
You could also add that it is also sad that a police officer, no less, finds it acceptable to pile his family of 4--- including a 9 month old infant --- on a motorbike, at night, with zero thoughts of how things could turn south real quick.

As I said in post #2, this incident has so many things wrong with it, it could be a caricature of what is wrong with the DR.
I thought the same. Didn’t a new law go into effect prohibiting that? Yeah, I know……