Medical Insurance

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Last year 1 of December I changed to the most basic plan at Humano from a very expensive one I had including international. For the basic plan called Plan Esencial I paid RD 9,384. I did before traveling to Denmark where I thought I was going to stay longer but ended up staying just three months. Back here in the DR I went once to the doctor at Abel Gonzales and my insurance didn’t cover it. I wonder now what it covers at all. I am considering renewing and getting the Plan Royal from Humano. Does anybody know this plan ? I understand it covers dental.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Last year 1 of December I changed to the most basic plan at Humano from a very expensive one I had including international. For the basic plan called Plan Esencial I paid RD 9,384. I did before traveling to Denmark where I thought I was going to stay longer but ended up staying just three months. Back here in the DR I went once to the doctor at Abel Gonzales and my insurance didn’t cover it. I wonder now what it covers at all. I am considering renewing and getting the Plan Royal from Humano. Does anybody know this plan ? I understand it covers dental.
Did they not provide you with a copy of your policy?

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Did they not provide you with a copy of your policy?
You mean my current insurance ? Abel Gonzalez aparently is just not in the network for the Plan Esencial and didn’t even cover a small part.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Plan royal is ok, does cover some but not much dental, and only with a few certain providers, certain locals.

Reactions: aarhus

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
We are licenced insurance brokers for Humano. We never offer the basic plan as people really have not much coverage and if they have serious health issues they are in big trouble . Not many places take this basic plan. PM me

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
We have HUmano Royal for 2325 pesos a month with a 1 million peso limit. If you had a decent broker they should have ikept in touch and ncreased your plan on your return. We do this all the time

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
We are licenced insurance brokers for Humano. We never offer the basic plan as people really have not much coverage and if they have serious health issues they are in big trouble . Not many places take this basic plan. PM me
I really choose it just to stay in the system while I was away longer so I didn’t have to fill in a lot of documents if I wanted to get back in. Just wondering if it at all covers anything. I didn’t expect much but still. I am reading up on the Plan Royal and actually already filling in the form. I had a contact there when I was VIP with international included. He still sends me the info and form at least but after that the hot water tab is closed as we say in Denmark. I have to go there and deliver the form at customer service in Kennedy. I am trying to see if I can just send it signed and transfer the money for a year plan. But I am decided on Plan Royal Humano. I like it.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
We have HUmano Royal for 2325 pesos a month with a 1 million peso limit. If you had a decent broker they should have ikept in touch and ncreased your plan on your return. We do this all the time
It’s about the same. A little less. I guess I get discount because of past relationship.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
It’s about the same. A little less. I guess I get discount because of past relationship.
Its difficult to get all the details on the plans offer buy Humano unless you are able to read the policy and all the fine print and exclusion. I have plan MAX which is 1 notch better than Plan Royal and 2 notches under their plan platinum and their best plan international. I used my plan Max at Cedimat (one of the best hospital in Santo Domingo) and it covers most expenses. I added extra coverage for medicine bought at pharmacy without hospitalize the most I was able to get is 30000 pesos. Do not forget the cost goes up each year depending on your age and past uses.

I wanted plan Platinum but was not available because I was older then 50. Note dental and ambulance coverage included in plan Max is a big show and useless.

I do not know how can someone quote you a price without knowing your age? If you were able to pay for the international plan which is the plan that really wealthy persons have (here for example politicians) and covers health care abroad ( example politicians go for surgery in the USA) and want reduce coverage I would look at Plan Platinum or Max. Do not forget to try to pay extra for extra medicine coverage as in my case this payoff.

You can PM me if you need more details because I recently use plan Max at Cedimat for Emergency and 1 week in hospital.

Keep Healthy but be prepare for the worst.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
I really choose it just to stay in the system while I was away longer so I didn’t have to fill in a lot of documents if I wanted to get back in. Just wondering if it at all covers anything. I didn’t expect much but still. I am reading up on the Plan Royal and actually already filling in the form. I had a contact there when I was VIP with international included. He still sends me the info and form at least but after that the hot water tab is closed as we say in Denmark. I have to go there and deliver the form at customer service in Kennedy. I am trying to see if I can just send it signed and transfer the money for a year plan. But I am decided on Plan Royal Humano. I like it.
We do everything online all the time. We have customers all cver the country and never see them . Humano Royal is a good plan. but you want
this with 1 million coverage. We do all the forms you do nothing except send our passport copy. Many of our customers go away for 6 months so we put them on a cheaper plan to save money.
A month before they come back we coordinate with them and bump up the plan again.
THis is important as after 70 years they basically cant get insurance. Also there are important benifits that kick in after 6 months with the plan.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Its difficult to get all the details on the plans offer buy Humano unless you are able to read the policy and all the fine print and exclusion. I have plan MAX which is 1 notch better than Plan Royal and 2 notches under their plan platinum and their best plan international. I used my plan Max at Cedimat (one of the best hospital in Santo Domingo) and it covers most expenses. I added extra coverage for medicine bought at pharmacy without hospitalize the most I was able to get is 30000 pesos. Do not forget the cost goes up each year depending on your age and past uses.

I wanted plan Platinum but was not available because I was older then 50. Note dental and ambulance coverage included in plan Max is a big show and useless.

I do not know how can someone quote you a price without knowing your age? If you were able to pay for the international plan which is the plan that really wealthy persons have (here for example politicians) and covers health care abroad ( example politicians go for surgery in the USA) and want reduce coverage I would look at Plan Platinum or Max. Do not forget to try to pay extra for extra medicine coverage as in my case this payoff.

You can PM me if you need more details because I recently use plan Max at Cedimat for Emergency and 1 week in hospital.

Keep Healthy but be prepare for the worst.
He does know my age. I mean my contact at Humano. Yes last year brutally went from International to basic and during a pandemic. From experience I don’t find it worth it. When you know where to go health care is not to bad here. I am also over 50. I will look into the Max plan. You are certainly right ambulance is a show. In an emergency easier to organize oneself.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I actually for a number of years had no insurance after having like an international travel insurance. Then I started having some health issues and got into the international programs and was in Miami a couple of times. I would say it’s very high tech like in Miami and had some good experiences but they are also very pills happy. Actually my health has improved in recent years because of less stress and quitting drinking and more exercise. And now I am wiser and looking at the most convenient long term both for my age, health situation and financial situation.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
He does know my age. I mean my contact at Humano. Yes last year brutally went from International to basic and during a pandemic. From experience I don’t find it worth it. When you know where to go health care is not to bad here. I am also over 50. I will look into the Max plan. You are certainly right ambulance is a show. In an emergency easier to organize oneself.
I was assuming you are living here year round if not I would look for the cheaper plans to patch you up until you can return home. What Drperson is proposing might be right if you are not here year round.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I was assuming you are living here year round if not I would look for the cheaper plans to patch you up until you can return home. What Drperson is proposing might be right if you are not here year round.
True that’s why I decided on the basic last year as I wasn’t sure. I want dental included. I don’t take any medication. I sent you a DM. I think it will be between Royal and Max.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
True that’s why I decided on the basic last year as I wasn’t sure. I want dental included. I don’t take any medication. I sent you a DM. I think it will be between Royal and Max.
Are you a night owl I reply you PM

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
And what is the age limit cut off on that plan ?