What I learned from being in a coma for 10 days in the the hospital with covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCMike

Aug 30, 2008
Cannot comment on north coast healthcare and hospitals, but a year ago I went through cancer treatment and was close to closing the curtains on life. Here I am a year later, feeling better than ever...typing this reply, living my life and no concerns about treatment or professionality, overcharging, or any mistreatment in 4 different facilities. I had ( and still have Humano) and no billing issues. I was more than impressed with everyone involved. Kudos, to all who were part of my 2020 adventure!

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
it was around 800,000 pesos . We paid cash arount 25,000 pesos
When you think of all the treatment you had and the cost was $14000 US it isn't too bad. Imagine what you would have paid in the US if you didn't have insurance.

Reactions: aarhus

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
OK so you won't take it, nor the people at CNN - it is your choice. Isn't choice great for what you chose to put into your body ?
But if the government mandated it I bet you would hand out flyers telling everyone they are scofflaws for not taking it.

My friend got Ivermectin pills on Tuesday and took it on the 2nd day of her Covid and she was up and about & feeling good Wed morning, but tired, after having been bed-ridden the prior two days.

It helped Joe Rogan, and thousands of others, it's legal, and has been used with good success in DR hospitals, but it's cheap and easy to make and Big Pharma hates that

Reactions: Luperon

gjsuk

Apr 7, 2003
I went to HOMS for an MRI and will NEVER go back to that place. Dirty,overcrowded,nobody has a clue outside of the doctors. The guy running the only MRI machine was an absolute clown. They also screwed me out of 17,000 pesos.

I contracted Covid19 in Sosua. I tested positive at the testing facility in the Orange Plaza no surprise as I was sick as a dog.I took ivermectin and azithromycin at the suggestion of a well respected pharmacist. Two days after taking the Ivermectin cocktail I was on death's door and went to the testing lab at the airport thinking if they can give you a result in 15 minutes then maybe it is the least accurate of the tests and maybe,just maybe I would get a negative test and be able to fly back to the states,it was a total shot in the dark but I was desperate.
When I got to the POP airport it was empty I had been tested at the lab there before for a flight in August so I walked back there and they were getting ready to leave but they said that they would test me. Simple procedure,give the girl behind the desk your passport and 2000 pesos and wait for the girl to call you to get the swab then wait about 15 minutes for the result,they don't verbalize the result,they just put the paper in an envelope and call your name and you leave. I was swabbed and when the paper was printed the girl bahind the desk looked at it and her eyes got huge,I knew I was screwed. When I got up to get the envelope she gave me the Dominican stop sign with her hand and said to wait,strange. The swab girl came out front and they exchanged a few words but my spanish comprehensiopn isn't good enough to keep up. I waited 15 minutes longer the printer spit out another paper which the girl put in an envelope and handed it to me and told me to have a nice day. As soon as I got outside I opened the envelope and I was negative,how wonderfully corrupt.
I booked a flight the next day out of STI - BOS the next day,how I was able to get myself through that is beyond me. When I landed in BOS I took an Uber directly to my local hospital in Connecticut. By the time I got to the hospital I was too weak to walk,they came and pulled me out of the car put me in a wheelchair and into the hospital. I had x-rays, CT scan and blood work and given multiple bags of fluids via IV.
The doctor said if I had waited one more day to go to the hospital that he wasn't sure if I would have survived due to the fact that I had a very serious case of covid pneumonia. Those nurses in the hospital knew exactly what to do and never skipped a beat and saved my life. In retrospect the girl at the airport that pulled a negative test out of her culo was the first to save my life because without it I would not have been able to get on a plane.
I have no doubt there is no hospital in the DR that would have done the things that the ER in the U.S. did,no doubt in my mind. I first felt sick on September 13th,my first positive test was September 16th. At this time I still am coughing,have no sense of taste or smell and have headaches every day in addition to being very weak but I'm alive thanks to a real world hospital with real world nurses and doctors.
I have been spending winters in Sosua for ten years and lived there full time for three. As soon as I am healthy enough I will return to Sosua and sell all my belongings and move to Florida. I am heartbroken because I have so many friends in Sosua and love it there but I am 64 years old and my health comes first and know that I can not get the care that I need there.
My opinion on the Ivermectin is this and it is only my opinion. I have two other friends in Sosua that contracted covid and took the cocktail and recovered quickly,I took it and damn near died. The facts are that 90+% of people recover quickly without any therapeutics so how in the heck do we know if people that take the horse pills recovered quickly due to taking that stuff or just recovered quickly in spite of taking it??
So you illegally travelled back to your home country with false documents, knowing you were Covid positive to save your own ass, without giving a shit for anyone that you came in contact with.

You are a wonderful human being.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
It has to be taken early. Once you have severe symptoms, it doesn't work well.
It didn’t help anybody I new who took it Cavok I was early proponent of it even bought up stock from pharmacies in Sosua when this started and gave out to friends ,you couldn’t get in pharmacies after pandemic broke..who wouldn’t want this cheap and readily available drug to work? My friends wife in Edmonton got sick from COVID they both took it still ended up in hospital both ok now..Even India stopped who produces it like candy..most people with COVID are fine in day or two some people effected harder some die..everyone wants a miracle to get this shit out of our life ..99.99% doctors say no and .01% say yes it gives you pause for thought.

Reactions: OldSkool

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
OK so you won't take it, nor the people at CNN - it is your choice. Isn't choice great for what you chose to put into your body ?
But if the government mandated it I bet you would hand out flyers telling everyone they are scofflaws for not taking it.

My friend got Ivermectin pills on Tuesday and took it on the 2nd day of her Covid and she was up and about & feeling good Wed morning, but tired, after having been bed-ridden the prior two days.

It helped Joe Rogan, and thousands of others, it's legal, and has been used with good success in DR hospitals, but it's cheap and easy to make and Big Pharma hates that
You are a disgruntled person who likes putting words in peoples mouth and cause arguments carry on enjoy your conspiracy theories and mans gonna get you attitude ..

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
You are a disgruntled person who likes putting words in peoples mouth and cause arguments carry on enjoy your conspiracy theories and mans gonna get you attitude ..
I will always be disgruntled when government tries to micromanage citizens.

The words in your mouth are your own - you hate and oppose Ivermectin, the rest of us see it as just one more tool in the belt

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I will always be disgruntled when government tries to micromanage citizens.

The words in your mouth are your own - you hate and oppose Ivermectin, the rest of us see it as just one more tool in the belt
Thank you for proving my point ..The End..

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
Not a horse pill and several long term studies in India have proven its worth.
Are you telling me that Ivermectin isn't used to treat horses with parasites,you would be very wrong,I was being a little sarcastic calling it a horse pill but yes,it is used in horses and swine for parasites. As far as the India study well,it's India,I'll take the advise of the FDA thank you,I know many think the FDA is a pile of crap but if I have to pick I'm running with them over anybody in a sheethole country like India and yes I know there are great doctors in India but still....I took the Ivermectin/Azithromycin/zinc/vitamin D cocktail as soon as I felt sick,I went to Coco the pharmacist in Sosua,a very well respected french woman who has helped me greatly in the past. As far as the DR's reporting numbers on ANYTHING,that is the funniest thing I've heard all day. Again,I am only voicing my opinion and respect everyone else's as long as they realize that none of us are doctors and are only voicing opinions,none of us know what these drugs are really doing for us or to us.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
CMC does the same to my Canadian insurance rapes them, but they have comfy white leather couches in room to take the shock out.. usually takes my insurance 6 months to pay them and send me itemized bills for records and they proudly say we negotiated a 25% discount at bottom..
CMC charged my Canadian friend's insurance $750cad to look at a scratch on his eye and put a patch on it,they are thieves over there.

Reactions: chico bill

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Are you telling me that Ivermectin isn't used to treat horses with parasites,you would be very wrong,I was being a little sarcastic calling it a horse pill but yes,it is used in horses and swine for parasites. As far as the India study well,it's India,I'll take the advise of the FDA thank you,I know many think the FDA is a pile of crap but if I have to pick I'm running with them over anybody in a sheethole country like India and yes I know there are great doctors in India but still....I took the Ivermectin/Azithromycin/zinc/vitamin D cocktail as soon as I felt sick,I went to Coco the pharmacist in Sosua,a very well respected french woman who has helped me greatly in the past. As far as the DR's reporting numbers on ANYTHING,that is the funniest thing I've heard all day. Again,I am only voicing my opinion and respect everyone else's as long as they realize that none of us are doctors and are only voicing opinions,none of us know what these drugs are really doing for us or to us.
It is indeed the top selling veterinary medicine in the world.
It is also the top parasitic human drug
It has cured and prevented onchocerciasis (river blindness) and lymphatic filariasis (elephantiasis), from millions of people in the poorest countries in the world, primarily Africa and Latin America.

Anyone (not you Tom) trying to paint a beneficial FDA approved drug, as some here have, as unfit for treatment of humans is just recycling the distain of CNN and MSNBC and others with TRD.
It is an approved anti-parasitic and broad-spectrum anti-viral drug with enormous benefits and prevents the replication of SARS-CoV2

Reactions: cavok

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
CMC charged my Canadian friend's insurance $750cad to look at a scratch on his eye and put a patch on it,they are thieves over there.
And I am sure they weren't actually even qualified to even look at the scratch.
Could have taken a round trip flight home and had it looked at free in Canada for that much money

Reactions: Tom0910

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
Was waiting for someone to state the obvious
So you illegally travelled back to your home country with false documents, knowing you were Covid positive to save your own ass, without giving a shit for anyone that you came in contact with.

You are a wonderful human being.
Thanks for the insult. I never at anytime asked for anything but a test. I didn't bribe anyone or slip anyone a propina,I followed all protocols. If you believe masks work then I didn't infect anyone,I wore not one but two N95 masks the entire time that I traveled,everyone else on the plane was masked up. I purchased two seats in order to space myself out at a cost of $1500. one way. I had two choices,stay in Sosua and pray that they could handle my condition or do what I did,if I thought for a minute that I was truly risking anyone's life I would not have gotten on that plane. I received a phone call from the C.T. contact tracing people and gave them all my information regarding the flight and a detailed accounting of everything else. Where you get off on saying that I traveled illegally is so far off base it's ridiculous. At NO point did I ask or even imply that I wanted a second test and I never saw the first one,I just assumed based on her reaction that it was positive maybe it wasn't positive maybe there was an error code I have no idea I got got up to take the first test with what I ASSUMED was a positive test,SHE told me to sit down and wait,that is all she said,I complied with that. If that makes me a horrible person well then yes,guilty.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Thanks for the insult. I never at anytime asked for anything but a test. I didn't bribe anyone or slip anyone a propina,I followed all protocols. If you believe masks work then I didn't infect anyone,I wore not one but two N95 masks the entire time that I traveled,everyone else on the plane was masked up. I purchased two seats in order to space myself out at a cost of $1500. one way. I had two choices,stay in Sosua and pray that they could handle my condition or do what I did,if I thought for a minute that I was truly risking anyone's life I would not have gotten on that plane. I received a phone call from the C.T. contact tracing people and gave them all my information regarding the flight and a detailed accounting of everything else. Where you get off on saying that I traveled illegally is so far off base it's ridiculous. At NO point did I ask or even imply that I wanted a second test and I never saw the first one,I just assumed based on her reaction that it was positive maybe it wasn't positive maybe there was an error code I have no idea I got got up to take the first test with what I ASSUMED was a positive test,SHE told me to sit down and wait,that is all she said,I complied with that. If that makes me a horrible person well then yes,guilty.

Ignore them Tom. Your life was possibly at stake. You did what you had to do. No judgments are needed.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Different dosage and different composition for human use, so calling the human ivermectin a horse pill just makes you look like a horses ...... Glad you survived.

Reactions: chico bill

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
I appreciate your precautions and understand your dilemma, however you must admit that travelling two days after being diagnosed is a bit sketchy.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
"OK so you won't take it, nor the people at CNN - it is your choice. Isn't choice great for what you chose to put into your body ?

Instead of writing childish "stories" about your friends miraculous recovery post the medical trials proving Ivermectin and HCQ are effective in treating Covid.
You cannot because they do not exist.
Silly little stories about your friends are just stories.

You know nothing about what "the people at CNN" do or do not do.

Big pharma is busy producing medicine and unlike you has no time for hatred or spreading medical misinformation.
The tiny number of uninformed people who took Ivermectin or HCQ for Covid was too small to even be noticed by the worlds pharmaceutical industry.

Glad your friend got better in spite of taking an animal anti parasite medication but its foolish in the extreme to try and attribute her recovery to Ivermectin.
Ivermectin is an effective anti flea medication that is designed for and works effectively in preventing fleas in dogs.
Your friend will likely be safe from fleas.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Instead of writing childish "stories" about your friends miraculous recovery post the medical trials proving Ivermectin and HCQ are effective in treating Covid.
You cannot because they do not exist.
Silly little stories about your friends are just stories.

You know nothing about what "the people at CNN" do or do not do.

Big pharma is busy producing medicine and unlike you has no time for hatred or spreading medical misinformation.
The tiny number of uninformed people who took Ivermectin or HCQ for Covid was too small to even be noticed by the worlds pharmaceutical industry.

Glad your friend got better in spite of taking an animal anti parasite medication but its foolish in the extreme to try and attribute her recovery to Ivermectin.
Ivermectin is an effective anti flea medication that is designed for and works effectively in preventing fleas in dogs.
Your friend will likely be safe from fleas.
anti parasite and antiviral and for human animals as well. Has save millions from river blindness and various internal parasites.

Status
Not open for further replies.