No curfew but with a vaccination card or PCR test to enter establishments

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
COVID-19 October 15, 2021 | 3:32 pm

Banks will require a vaccination card from their clients​

In compliance with Circular 016-21 of the Superintendency of Banks, the Asociación de Bancos Múltiples de la República Dominicana (ABA) announced that its associates will require, as of this coming Monday, October 18, the presentation of a vaccination card at the entrance of bank branches and offices.
Through a press release, it explains that visitors must present their identity card and vaccination card, containing at least two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, except for those vaccines that require only one dose, explained the ABA in a press release.

Fine.
I go in way more bars than banks

Reactions: SKY

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
In general clinics and hospitals can’t really deny entrance in my opinion. Isn’t the vaccination still a recommendation but it’s just they don’t want Covid to spread in these public places mentioned. Maybe I haven’t understood it.
I expect that clinics and hospitals can deny entry to those not vaccinated. It won't be long until we see if they do.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
How long before 70% of the population is fully vaccinated by these recent incentives to get vaccinated and the vaccination restriction to enter public places disappears?

One month? Two months?....

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
How long before 70% of the population is fully vaccinated by these recent incentives to get vaccinated and the vaccination restriction to enter public places disappears?

70% will be changed just like elsewhere, now they target 90%. The mandates and vax-passes won't disappear at 70%, that's a canard.
Stephanie Powers will be back for a visit soon

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I expect that clinics and hospitals can deny entry to those not vaccinated. It won't be long until we see if they do.
I don't think they will be denied entry however I would expect to see them being moved to a seperate waiting area especially if they have a ton of comorbidities as no one wants to step over a dead body to use the bathroom.

Reactions: chico bill

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Companies can demand it.
“Companies are in their right and duty to demand the COVID-19 vaccination card from their employees, even if the inoculation is not mandatory.” This was stated by the president of Confederación Autónoma Central Clasista, Gabriel del Río Doné, and said that those who do not get vaccinated should understand that it is a matter of collective health. Therefore, they should then stay at home. “

Chrisdogan

Nov 28, 2019
I work from home teaching english here in Santo Domingo. Whenever I leave I wear my mask, and I live alone. My entire family lives in the United States. If someone can explain to me why I need this vaccine, I'm all ears. Otherwise, this entire thing is dumb AF. If the mask mandate is already required how exactly is anyone safer/not safer by including this vaccine card mandate?!? They have already said having the vaccine doesn't stop YOU from being a carrier, and it doesn't guarantee that you will survive COVID either.

Reactions: DR fan1990

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada

It all depends on what happens after the so called 70% target is reached .

If they scrap the vax card mandate, then yes the initiative was public health and protecting the population.

If they don't scrap it, or worse, they start requiring QR codes/digital proof despite the 70% having been reached, then you will know for sure that the mandate had nothing to do with public health to begin with but everything to do with control of the population through the means of DIGITAL IDENTITY, which is the same agenda followed by all these western countries who are trying to implement a China style "social credit score system" in Western civilization by 2030 through digital vaccine passes.

So time will tell.

• Haha
Reactions: kmfjd

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I work from home teaching english here in Santo Domingo. Whenever I leave I wear my mask, and I live alone. My entire family lives in the United States. If someone can explain to me why I need this vaccine, I'm all ears. Otherwise, this entire thing is dumb AF. If the mask mandate is already required how exactly is anyone safer/not safer by including this vaccine card mandate?!? They have already said having the vaccine doesn't stop YOU from being a carrier, and it doesn't guarantee that you will survive COVID either.
One reason for the vaccine is if you want to do things that the DR government will prohibit you from doing if you don't have one.

Otherwise, I will leave any other reasons to get one or not up to you.

Reactions: drstock and aarhus

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I think the
If someone can explain to me why I need this vaccine, I'm all ears.
I think primarily the vax card mandate is a way to cajole more to get the vaccine by inconveniencing them. More vaccines in arms is better for the majority of individuals and society as a whole. The Govt paid for these shots so I expect they want to see them used rather than thrown away when they expire.

Reactions: drstock

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
For those of you not seeing the reason for the announced restrictions on the non-Vaxed, here is the real reason:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
the photoshop business will be back in full swing. Example: when colombia required PCR negative results, in order to enter colombia, more like 50% of passengers from santo domingo to bogota flight (wingo airlines) had fake test results. These fake letters seemed like they were designed and printed by a 10 yr old kid. hahaha.
The banks and establishments will only obey the law and check these vaccine certificates, their job is the check not to authenticate whether they are real or fake. so I guess anyone with any fake vaccine certificate will be allowed in just as with the genuine certificates.

OldSkool

Banned
Aug 31, 2021
Barahona
My neighbor just told me he was at Playero in Sosua and they have no intention of checking people for being vaccinated.
Perhaps a "marketing edge" for them?
They're well connected, the owners, but it if true and they blatantly flaunt the law they will be penalized. There are enough people around frustrated with some of their other shenanigans that will be watching, and will happily turn them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.