No curfew but with a vaccination card or PCR test to enter establishments

Status
Not open for further replies.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Look at that sentence...

How do people who are not vaccinated, feed themselves if they can't go into stores to buy food?

The same way they did when colmados stopped letting people in at the beginning of covid : clients outside, staff inside, served through window thingy.

On a more serious note, the DR gct has not really thought it through .
Most countries who have a vaccine mandate, apply it for " leisures ".

Want to go to the restaurant m need a covid pass. Need to go to the supermarket ?, no requirements.

Want to visit a relative in hospital? need a covid pass. Need to go to hospital because you put a staple though your eye to try and gouge out the UN microchip that the voice on internet says is there ? No covid pass needed.

Reactions: slowmo and aarhus

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
The same way they did when colmados stopped letting people in at the beginning of covid : clients outside, staff inside, served through window thingy.

On a more serious note, the DR gct has not really thought it through .
Most countries who have a vaccine mandate, apply it for " leisures ".

Want to go to the restaurant m need a covid pass. Need to go to the supermarket ?, no requirements.

Want to visit a relative in hospital? need a covid pass. Need to go to hospital because you put a staple though your eye to try and gouge out the UN microchip that the voice on internet says is there ? No covid pass needed.
If you need to go to emergency?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
the photoshop business will be back in full swing. Example: when colombia required PCR negative results, in order to enter colombia, more like 50% of passengers from santo domingo to bogota flight (wingo airlines) had fake test results. These fake letters seemed like they were designed and printed by a 10 yr old kid. hahaha.
The banks and establishments will only obey the law and check these vaccine certificates, their job is the check not to authenticate whether they are real or fake. so I guess anyone with any fake vaccine certificate will be allowed in just as with the genuine certificates.
I'm getting similar reports from boots on the ground down in Colombia and I've also heard rumors of it happening in Sosua of all places. Who would thought?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
How are people who are not vaccinated, feed themselves if they can go in stores to buy food?
Are you joking? This the DR not some developed nation where people follow the rules 24/7. A negative test is acceptable. Please get vaccinated soon if you haven't already done so as we do not want to see anyone to starve to death.

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Now check this out.
Diaro Libre just did a survey and asked Dominicans on Instagram and other social media if they agree with the new vax mandate.

31% agree, 69% disagree.

Can't wait to see just how long this Abidaner government will be enforcing this mandate when two thirds of the population isn't even on board. Grabbing my 🍿.
Meanwhile the first lady just called upon everyone to get their THIRD shot already.

The coming weeks should be fun to watch.

Reactions: aarhus

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
C49F7CFD-2393-45AD-A012-3C8C2644A7E7.jpeg

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Now check this out.
Diaro Libre just did a survey and asked Dominicans on Instagram and other social media if they agree with the new vax mandate.

31% agree, 69% disagree.

Can't wait to see just how long this Abidaner government will be enforcing this mandate when two thirds of the population isn't even on board. Grabbing my 🍿.
Meanwhile the first lady just called upon everyone to get their THIRD shot already.

The coming weeks should be fun to watch.
I think generally Dominicans are against this new requirement of carrying the vaccination card but not against vaccination.

Reactions: chico bill

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
All unconscious people brought in from a moto accident will have their pockets searched for a card and if no card will be dumped in the parking lot?

I have seen them leave someone screaming who couldn't produce details of his insurance. So I believe the vaccine cards will be the same.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I'm getting similar reports from boots on the ground down in Colombia and I've also heard rumors of it happening in Sosua of all places. Who would thought?

There was an article on DR1 about a flight being stopped going to Colombia because everyone had fake papers though, I remember it a couple of months back.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The going rate for cards is 2000 pesos. Real ones with your name entered into the database.
Hey if you are at a loosely monitored Vax site whose to say the needle actually went into the arm? And does anyone actually count the vials?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
One person is in prison for this crime.
Last July, the Judicial Office of Permanent Attention Services of Santo Domingo imposed three months of preventive imprisonment on a young man accused of falsifying and selling COVID-19 vaccination cards at 500 pesos. The accused is Anthony Esterlín Martínez Sánchez, who allegedly made the cards in a photography studio in the Valiente sector of Boca Chica.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

Prisión 3 a 10 años para los que falsifiquen su tarjeta de vacunación​

HAVE A LAWYER ON SPEED DIAL.......................
The 'Sky' is falling.
But still no one will cross reference a database to know who has a forgery.
The only people who will be arrested will be those, like you mentioned in your follow up post and that someone who has a dime dropped on him for forgery.
Anyone who is good at Adobe Photoshop can make one and it will be honored and not cross referenced until the pandemic is determined to no longer be politically useful.

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Yes, the government has been encouraging people to have their third shots for months now. I and most of my friends here have had ours.
Just curious, after how many shots will you actually stop and say I've had enough?
Cause I don't think this will stop at 3 shots.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Just curious, after how many shots will you actually stop and say I've had enough?
Cause I don't think this will stop at 3 shots.
There will never be "enough" shots since none of the shots kill CV19.
CV19 is therefor here, there and everywhere to stay.

Eventually people might get tired of getting shots and then just live with what happens next.

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
The 'Sky' is falling.
But still no one will cross reference a database to know who has a forgery.
The only people who will be arrested will be those, like you mentioned in your follow up post and that someone who has a dime dropped on him for forgery.
Anyone who is good at Adobe Photoshop can make one and it will be honored and not cross referenced until the pandemic is determined to no longer be politically useful.
I like how you said politically useful.
As anyone with half a brain can realize that this vaccine card circus is mostly about politics at this point and very little to do with actual public health.

Reactions: CristoRey

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
As long as the vaccines remain free of cost to the public, as long as they are easily available, as long as there is no definitive scientific evidence or advice against getting an additional shot, as long as the type of vaccine(s) that I have already had remain available, I'll continue to get dosed as recommended. I'm not too keen to roll the dice again and get a new vaccine but I accept that CV19 is here forever (for a long time anyways) I can see the need to boost the antibody immunity in those who have underlying medical conditions on a regular basis going forward If one wishes to do what they can to thwart serious illness when they eventually become infected. I fully expect that sooner or later most of us will inhale this virus from someone with a mask dangling under their nose/chin.

Status
Not open for further replies.