No curfew but with a vaccination card or PCR test to enter establishments

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Let's try not to confuse people even more. The apps/QR codes that are used to verify vaccination status in the EU, Canada and elsewhere are not readable here in the DR. Usually scanning such a QR code queries a database that returns a verified (or not) status. The DR govt was quite specific. The checker is supposed to be looking for your name, age, what vaccine you received and when. If the Rorschach test on your phone doesn't show the required info you run the risk of it not being accepted. Same with the ID component. You may not be asked for it but if you are and do not have it with you...
I’m specifically talking about DR laboratories Referencia laboratories on there test results has QR code it doesn’t need a data base just like any business QR code that brings you to a web site , this one brings it to your results with name results etc..

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I mean that Dominicans are more relaxed and happy go lucky.
They do their own thing and skirt laws when they can and it pleases them, without worrying about consequences.
They play loud music, dance and drink live in the moment and don't worry about tomorrow.
If they run out of toilet paper they send the kid to the colmado, or do without.
You'd buy a new box at Target, when down to the last 100 rolls 😀
I haven't used toilet paper in years! Since I moved here in 2003, in fact. Funny you should pick that product! And when I did use it, I never got it at Target.
You have your US mentality, after all the years not yet arrived.
Of course if I have extensive investments, want to work or stay for ever in the DR, residency makes sense.
You endlessly go on about the same subjects, yet are not surprised about the inefficiency of gob.do your adopted country.
My "mentality" is what it is. I learned about that inefficiency and corruption in the DR before I even arrived. So I certainly am not surprised.

I have a few "pet" subjects. Even one that can no longer be discussed on DR1. You don't have to pay attention to them if you don't want to.
The embarrassment of Sosua to Dominicans,right!
They are the champions of infidelity and chingaderas all genders including the new ones,
However with somewhat more religious discretion than the tourist muppets.
Out of your face is not bad, manners and decorum will not be taught to those who don't have it.
You live not far removed from La Cienega know what's going on, hardly a sophisticated area even though a few gringos have their homes near by.
I am not sure what you attempt to say above. It is mostly gibberish. When I arrived here, La Cienaga was hardly a thing until Canoa had thousands of loads of fill brought in and "sold" government protected wet land to people (El Choco National Park) . Myself, I don't go there since I have no reason to.

Good manners and cleanliness are just about free and everyone could have them.
But everyone in the barrio knows who does what with whom.

They may have vaccine cards or manage somehow, being at the verge of going to jail just sounds a tad dramatic.
The requirement to show vaccine cards seems to be having the desired effect on those who were not vaccinated. Myself, I could care less who gets vaccinated. In the long run we just have to live with the fact the CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The DR govt was quite specific. The checker is supposed to be looking for your name, age, what vaccine you received and when.
After speaking with Jose earlier today at my local neighborhood supermarket/ hair salon/ shoe repair shop on Av. Circunvalacion who'd recently recieved his first pay raise in 11 years (he now earns the handsome salary of RD$13,500 a month) while having been promoted from the floor sweeper to the security guard who's now responsible for checking your vaccination documents, I was surprised to learn his reading comprehension was comparable to that of a first grader from Jacsonville, FL's northside. Appearently he has just been checking to make sure the picture ID matches the person's face who presents it.....

I think yall get my point.

Reactions: OldSkool

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Laboratorio Referencia told me that I only need an antigen test to go to restaurants, but the government's notice on rule 000048 says that a PCR test is needed for transportation.

So is it 2 different types of covid tests depending on where you go??

Why would 2 different people working at Laboratorio Referencia tell me that an antigen is enough when the government only talks about the PCR test?

Clandestino

Feb 19, 2013
Laboratorio Referencia told me that I only need an antigen test to go to restaurants, but the government's notice on rule 000048 says that a PCR test is needed for transportation.

Why would 2 different people working at Laboratorio Referencia tell me that an antigen is enough when the government only talks about the PCR test?
Having had several tests to enter the USA from the DR, the labs (2 different ones) I have been to type both PCR and Antigeno in the description of the test. When I questioned this, the responses were not inspiring. Airlines have accepted them so I am ok with it stating both types.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016

Because there is pcr antigen and pcr molecular and pcr rt And lamp ..etc.. pcr antigen quick test quick results valid DR and US…

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Because there is pcr antigen and pcr molecular and pcr rt And lamp ..etc.. pcr antigen quick test quick results valid DR and US…
Well said.
All details Jose will be keen to discuss with you prior to allowing you to pass go so that you can purchase a roll of toilet paper and a bar of soap at ya local supermarket.

Reactions: Clandestino

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I swear.
You can't make this stuff up.
Even the government transportation services are ignoring the mandate.

OMSA, public cars and “guagua” buses ignore vaccination card measure.​

Reactions: Clandestino

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Well said.
All details Jose will be keen to discuss with you prior to allowing you to pass go so that you can purchase a roll of toilet paper and a bar of soap at ya local supermarket.
You need a different Jose, mine is mute and delivers 4 ply his wife makes the soap..

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I swear.
You can't make this stuff up.
Even the government transportation services are ignoring the mandate.

OMSA, public cars and “guagua” buses ignore vaccination card measure.​

This is what we were talking about at beginning of thread that even if it fundamentally is a good idea it’s just not very realistic to implement some places.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Well the mandate is beginning to be degraded...churches and centers of health (gyms?) are exempt...

And:

Forgery of the vaccination card

The Ministry of Public Health warned that the falsification of the vaccination card will lead to judicial submission and reported that businesses that detect a possible false card must report it to the authorities for investigation purposes.

Reactions: Juan Bosch

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Some places now deny entry to foreigners who have been vaccinated in other countries.

And the Ministry of health supports this because supposedly it's to prevent the falsification of cards.

So you DR1 posters on here who have been supporting this mandate so far, let's see how you appreciate this news when you realize that your European/American/Canadian proof just won't be accepted.

Friends of mine from Canada arrived here yesterday and went straight to Janet's supermarket, Cabarete. They showed their Canadian vax cards and were allowed to enter with no problem.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I went to see a friend yesterday and she proudly told me that she had had her vax card reduced and laminated so that she could easily carry it with her at all times with her cedula. She then asked me to take her to the local supermarket but when we got there she had forgotten to bring the newly laminated card with her! Luckily, the supermarket (I won't name it because some people here seem to think it is "snitching") didn't ask for the card, so she bought her food with no problem!

All very Dominican!

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
  • Haha
Reactions: CristoRey

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Some places now deny entry to foreigners who have been vaccinated in other countries.

And the Ministry of health supports this because supposedly it's to prevent the falsification of cards.

So you DR1 posters on here who have been supporting this mandate so far, let's see how you appreciate this news when you realize that your European/American/Canadian proof just won't be accepted.

To me facebook is not a credible verifiable source, social media oppinions.

"Tal es el caso de Wilkins Heredia, quien manifestó a través de su cuenta de Twitter que llevó consigo un certificado digital..."
"Daniel Rivera manifestó a Diario Libre que no todos los lugares públicos e instituciones privadas tienen la facilidad de contar con una herramienta para verificar si el código QR es válido."
Yet many accept them, at the discretion of the person in charge.

I've been in paces without QR code readers and the digital QR code was accepted, others possibly may not.
In addition I also have the vaccination card issued which everyone has, as QR code verification is a later development by some countries and specific areas.
The DR warned people in advance, now people are getting vaccinated to get services which is what gob.do wants.
Like it or lump it, here we are to deal with local realities......which are what they are in all aspects.

I heard Abinader explaining on tv yesterday that tourism is the motor for advancement Punta Cana and Puerto Plata.
So they may advance their tourist vaccinations card checks???

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
i am using photo of my american issued vaccine card everywhere example: banks, super markets, gym etc, I have yet to have any problems anywhere in santo domingo. well let me tell you this, they will accept my american issued card anywhere in DR. no one seems to care if the person on the card is, indeed, the same person; no one checks the ID. Hahahah. no one cares, just show them a vax card in chinese and you are good to go.

Juan Bosch

Dec 8, 2015
And:

Forgery of the vaccination card

The Ministry of Public Health warned that the falsification of the vaccination card will lead to judicial submission and reported that businesses that detect a possible false card must report it to the authorities for investigation purposes.
For some reason that reminds me of when they were arresting people for braking the curfew...beyond absurd bordering on the ridiculous...

Reactions: chico bill
Status
Not open for further replies.