How's that inflation affecting you?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Premium fuel is almost $5 /gallon. Chicken looks to be about 20 % higher and the same 40 lb bag of dog food gas gone up 400 pesos in 5 months.And feeding 11 dogs is leaving me in the dog house.

Construction material is like gold

Seems everything from juice to cheese is up sharply

And the price of beer - fuhgeddaboudit

Reactions: PCMike and aarhus

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I would say yes and no.

The price of stuff in pesos is significantly higher, especially over the last year or 2.

However when measured in a real currency, prices have not gone up that much over the past few years.

If one earns pesos you are up shit creak w/o a paddle, that much is for sure......

Reactions: zoomzx11

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I would say yes and no.

The price of stuff in pesos is significantly higher, especially over the last year or 2.

However when measured in a real currency, prices have not gone up that much over the past few years.

If one earns pesos you are up shit creak w/o a paddle, that much is for sure......
Yes, but the US$ is DOWN against the peso, so that doesn't help much.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Yes, but the US$ is DOWN against the peso, so that doesn't help much.

Only if you earn in $.

Also, although it may be down over the last few months, the trend is still UP over the years.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I would say yes and no.

I think actually prices are significantly higher - either in pesos or dollars. And last time I looked the dollar has gone from 60.50 to 56.00 to the peso

Reactions: PCMike

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The inflation isn't effecting me nearly as much as it is effecting Dominicans in my neighborhood. I can stomach pay 320 (189 pesos pre covid) pesos a large bottle of cranberry juice or 150 for a Presidente Light grande but many people I know can not.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Only if you earn in $.

Also, although it may be down over the last few months, the trend is still UP over the years.
I agree that the trend has always been that the US$ has increased against the peso form many years, but it's been down for many months now. The same applies to the Euro.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
The inflation isn't effecting me nearly as much as it is effecting Dominicans in my neighborhood. I can stomach pay 320 (189 pesos pre covid) pesos a large bottle of cranberry juice or 150 for a Presidente Light grande but many people I know can not.

This is exactly true for me too. I am concerned about others that are scraping by.

Reactions: CristoRey

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Bloomberg has some energy experts on saying this winter will be a shock to many people as Oil, Natural gas, and Coal are all going to be in short supply up north and in Europe and “it may indicate players are preparing for propane-market Armageddon.”

Good thing we don't need heat in DR. (Well maybe in Jarabacoa ?)

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Bloomberg has some energy experts on saying this winter will be a shock to many people as Oil, Natural gas, and Coal are all going to be in short supply up north and in Europe and “it may indicate players are preparing for propane-market Armageddon.”

Good thing we don't need heat in DR. (Well maybe in Jarabacoa ?)

We need coal for luz. :oops:

Reactions: chico bill

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The 150-160 places are few and far between

In a pinch, I paid 175 - but he never ran out !!
haven't seen if he upped the price