Shaving Choices

OldSkool

Banned
Aug 31, 2021
Barahona
The nicks is my objection to the cheapo razors. I can get 6 months on a 3 blader shaving every other day. I can't get a week out of the cheapos before I look like I ate razor wire for lunch.

I bought the biggest 3 blade cartridge package there was in Target before I retired September 2018. I still have about 4 or 5 left.
Are you referring to cheap, off brand, dollar store multiblade razors?

OldSkool

Banned
Aug 31, 2021
Barahona
You mean the kind the barbers use? You have to bring it because I wouldn't know where to buy one. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
This is what I mean. La Sirena or any large store should have one. I bring blades from abroad but they're available at any colmado. Amazon has excellent blades from japan, about 10 cents a blade when bough in a box of 100. That's enough for years...
Parker-76R_Safety_Razor.jpg

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
This is what I mean. La Sirena or any large store should have one. I bring blades from abroad but they're available at any colmado. Amazon has excellent blades from japan, about 10 cents a blade when bough in a box of 100. That's enough for years...
But the blades here aren't stainless and they rust quickly

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I remember seeing Barbasol (I used to shave with it many years ago, hence it caught my attention.) What I can't do at the moment is remember in what store. It was a supermarket, maybe Nacional, maybe.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I remember seeing Barbasol (I used to shave with it many years ago, hence it caught my attention.) What I can't do at the moment is remember in what store. It was a supermarket, maybe Nacional, maybe.
That's what I'm thinking too. Nacional or Jumbo. They are notorious for running out of things, however.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
LOL Are you serious, joking, play on words? I confess I missed the joke unless it's an actual place
It's an actual place - in Sosua. A great shave. 2 barbers - and VERY popular. They also do all the fancy head-shaved designs.

Reactions: OldSkool

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have tried Harry's before..... OK, not great.

But they had a promotion the other day - FREE!!
always gets my attention
The hook is you need to buy a load of refills - then can cancel the refill program

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have never seen one of those here. But, then I was not looking either.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
100% safety razor all the way! Get one in Amazon, plenty of good stuff, then you can buy Bic blades here for dirt cheap. Once you get the feel, it is actually much better than the multiblades cr@p!

Reactions: OldSkool